If I'm not happy with cleanliness of cabin.....

batt01

I just viewed a You Tube video of a Family Promenade cabin, similar to what I have booked on Freedom. As they filmed the promenade windows (there are two bay windows on a Family Promenade) he said, "oh wow, the windows are dirty".

The Promenade cabin is quite a bit more expensive than the Inside Family cabin - the difference being the windows on the Promenade. If they are dirty when we arrive, how do I go about getting someone to clean them? I might sound picky - but we have two elderly people and one special needs child in this room and one of the reasons we paid the extra is because I know they will spend lots of time looking out the windows to feel apart of things. It sounds picky, but I might throw a small fit if they are dirty when we arrive.

Is there any way to circumvent this by emailing RCI and specifically asking if our windows can be cleaned - or should I just wait and see and then complain (which I hate to do) if they are not acceptable.

Thanks

Guest maddycat

Wait until you board the ship and inspect your cabin. Then you can mention any concerns that you may have to your cabin attendant and he will take care of it.

Edited by maddycat

I just viewed a You Tube video of a Family Promenade cabin, similar to what I have booked on Freedom. As they filmed the promenade windows (there are two bay windows on a Family Promenade) he said, "oh wow, the windows are dirty".

The Promenade cabin is quite a bit more expensive than the Inside Family cabin - the difference being the windows on the Promenade. If they are dirty when we arrive, how do I go about getting someone to clean them? I might sound picky - but we have two elderly people and one special needs child in this room and one of the reasons we paid the extra is because I know they will spend lots of time looking out the windows to feel apart of things. It sounds picky, but I might throw a small fit if they are dirty when we arrive.

Is there any way to circumvent this by emailing RCI and specifically asking if our windows can be cleaned - or should I just wait and see and then complain (which I hate to do) if they are not acceptable.

Thanks

I think we should all expect the windows to be clean (they clean the balcony doors and railings) and agree with you especially given the points you chose the cabin to begin with over an inside. I would probably do both...email and then when you get onboard if you are not happy when you walk into your cabin immediately go to Guest Services but there is also anothe lr department you should call but cant think of the name. Maybe someone will have a better and experienced answer to help you even better. I have three aft balconies booked but also a PR cabin booked for my son and my dd's boyfriend on Indy over NYE and if the windows are very dirty I may also let them know even though hn we booked the PRs were same price as insides.

Thanks

Just wait until you board and see if they are dirty. If they are, just ask your steward to take care of it for you. No need to throw a fit, just make the issue known and it will be taken care of.

What if the "dirt" is splash and salt residue on the OUTSIDE? Are you expecting someone to scale the ship multiple times a day to clean them?

I know they do clean the outside of the windows when they can, but on the ocean, they WILL get specked and grimy just from the elements.

Considering the OP is talking about a promenade cabin, if there is splash residue on the outside of the window, they have much bigger issues than a dirty window.

The outside of a promenade window can be cleaned if it is dirty, it will just take a little more effort and time.

Your cabin steward will not be able to do anything about those windows ( other than inform maintenance). They have to be cleaned from the outside by the maintenance crew. The windows will probably get dirty every single day because, well, it's a cruiseship sailing in the salt water ocean. I doubt the maintenance crew cleans the windows daily, probably only a few times in port. So, expect that your windows will be "dirty" for some of the cruises ith seas pray and salt water.

Your cabin steward will not be able to do anything about those windows ( other than inform maintenance). They have to be cleaned from the outside by the maintenance crew. The windows will probably get dirty every single day because, well, it's a cruiseship sailing in the salt water ocean. I doubt the maintenance crew cleans the windows daily, probably only a few times in port. So, expect that your windows will be "dirty" for some of the cruises ith seas pray and salt water.

Like a pp mentioned. The OP is asking about a promenade room. Hopefully there won't be any salt spray on the window. ;)

As was stated before, there is absolutely no sea spray or salt water on the Royal Promenade. Outside conditions will not affect the windows on these cabins at all unless the ship is sinking.

The outside of your windows will always have sea spray on them. DUH You are out at sea. Salt is harsh and does not dry like they used Cascade in the ocean. Also you balcony rail will have salt residue every morning. I just take some damp tissues out and wipe it before I lean on it. Wow I can't wait to hear this trip report when they get back.

The outside of your windows will always have sea spray on them. DUH You are out at sea. Salt is harsh and does not dry like they used Cascade in the ocean. Also you balcony rail will have salt residue every morning. I just take some damp tissues out and wipe it before I lean on it. Wow I can't wait to hear this trip report when they get back.

Read the thread! Cabin is a promenade cabin, it faces the inside of the ship and has only a window, no balcony. No salt water on the inside of the ship, promise.

The ocean environment means dirty windows...they can clean them today, and tomorrow, they'll be streaky and salt pocked....That's why I don't understand why folks are concerned about metal vs. plexi balconies...you can't see thru either!

Edited by cb at sea

I will be in a Promenade stateroom tomorrow on the Indy. I will take a photo of the window and post it :) I hope it's clean, but if not - it certainly won't ruin my cruise. I'm not even sure I would mention it to anyone unless it was impossible to see out of.....

The ocean environment means dirty windows...they can clean them today, and tomorrow, they'll be streaky and salt pocked....That's why I don't understand why folks are concerned about metal vs. plexi balconies...you can't see thru either!

Nope, try again. Read the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like someone else said, if the OP's PROMENADE window is streaky and salt pocked, the ship has sunk.:D