No more included speciality restuarants for Celebrity and Sky suite guests

uktog

Celebrity Facebook has confirmed that if you book a Sky or Celebrity Suite before 1/1/16 you will still receive your free specialty dining. I have taken a picture of that confirmation and will be keeping it for proof - should it come to that.

Can someone please confirm when lunch in Luminae on port days stopped? Or have they stopped already?

We're in a suite from sunday and as far as I'm aware all of the issues with Luminae were ironed out? I guess I should have been on this forum more. :)

Can someone please confirm when lunch in Luminae on port days stopped? Or have they stopped already?

We're in a suite from sunday and as far as I'm aware all of the issues with Luminae were ironed out? I guess I should have been on this forum more. :)

Some ships have been doing it for a few weeks, others just starting. For most, it is not that big an issue, except that Celebrity promised one thing, and are not delivering.

The official Celebrity rep on Cruise Critic posted a message a week or so ago saying that all suite passengers could have lunch in Bistro on Five at no extra cost on port days when Luminae is closed. On sea days, I believe they will be open for lunch or brunch.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

The official Celebrity rep on Cruise Critic posted a message a week or so ago saying that all suite passengers could have lunch in Bistro on Five at no extra cost on port days when Luminae is closed. On sea days, I believe they will be open for lunch or brunch.

Missed that one.

Why can I not see that on FB? I see the visitor post on the left, but no response from X.

Look under the picture & post from Celebrity about "Our Suite Class is getting even sweeter. Experience personal butlers, exclusive suite-only restaurant and VIP lounge access" posted on 11/16. Their response to me is there.

I also had a phone call from a reliable source at Celebrity confirming this info.

I must have missed that one. Can someone kindly post a link? Thanks

On the Millie cruise we got off about a week and a half ago, there was no info provided that there would be no lunch on port days but there was NO lunch on port days in Luminae. We were not told we could eat in Bistro on Five for free until it was too late to actually take advantage of this option.

Look under the picture & post from Celebrity about "Our Suite Class is getting even sweeter. Experience personal butlers, exclusive suite-only restaurant and VIP lounge access" posted on 11/16. Their response to me is there.

I also had a phone call from a reliable source at Celebrity confirming this info.

Thank you - found it.

Celebrity have just confirmed on Facebook if you book before 1 January they will honour the commitment re speciality restaurants.

Sounds to me like Celebrity is doing what they have done in the past honor what was in place at at the time of booking.

Another case of much ado about nothing.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

Sounds to me like Celebrity is doing what they have done in the past honor what was in place at at the time of booking.

Another case of much ado about nothing.

But the "much ado about nothing" could have been avoided had Celebrity responded to very early inquiries from many of us booked in CS, & also SS. It would have been very easy to include wording on their amenity pages that free specialty dinners only applied to cruises booked prior to 1/1/16. Since they did not do this, I am still not convinced that they back peddled after many calls & emails. It's very easy to announce the positive but hard to give negative news.

Let's all wait to see someone that booked with this perk being denied it before we all have a cow

It's like a Carny shell game. Ever since the advent of the 123 type promotions it's been a game of how to raise prices and deliver less. The sad thing is it has worked for them.

I called Celebrity this afternoon and asked the rep if the no Specialty restaurant was true, she first said no and then found something about it that said yes and, after we talked for awhile, called her supervisor and said that since we booked before Jan. 1, 2016, we will get our specialty restaurants.

If we want to go to one, then we will.

Let's all wait to see someone that booked with this perk being denied it before we all have a cow

Whether they provide the dinners to those who have previously booked does not negate the fact that they are no longer part of suite amenities for cruises booked after Jan 1st. Obviously this is part of how they are paying for MC access for the Sky Suites. No one is having a cow. These are the facts.

Edited by Ma Bell