Is it just me?

Badfinger

Our first cruise was on the Triumph. And being the first, it was very new and exciting.

Our second was on the Magic...with the wrap around deck and Cloud 9 Spa (we booked a Spa Balcony).

After our first Magic cruise, I decided no way would I cruise on another ship that does not have the wrap around lanai like the Magic does on deck 5 AND no way would I cruise without the Cloud 9 Spa (or equivalent) amenities. That limits me to three ships right now..but that is okay as the Breeze is coming to Galveston for our June 2016 cruise.

I found the wrap around lanai makes the ship feel so much bigger..not only the outside part but just the "airy" feel of the middle section (red pub, etc) and easy access to the "outside". And the Spa is just my thing....love the sauna's and always have...but to have a choice of 3, along with that giant T-Pool is great. And it helps that it is hardly busy. I spend loads of time in there..so much so the staff ignores me. I think I would go crazy on sea-days with the Cloud 9.

Anyone else have any "ship requirements" that must be met or no-cruise for you?

It's not a "must" for me, but I too have my must have list. It MUST be a ship! I must be in a balcony. Yep, that's it. :p

I prefer a ship with a steakhouse, but I actually like the Triumph which does not. I really do prefer a balcony (either just a balcony or a suite), but on a short cruise, I might even get talked out of that too.

Nope. It just has to float.:D Am I sad when we end up having (because of time off requirements or whatever) to book a ship that doesn't have X, Y or Z amenities? Yeah. But any day at sea is far better than a day on dry land.:D

I am 100% on your side!

Our first cruise ever was the Dream, a Spa Balcony.

Second was the Breeze, Spa Balcony.

Ever since, it's been back and fourth between the two ships..

Always in a Spa Balcony.

We cruise the Breeze again in 2 weeks as a matter of fact.

We have wanted to try one of the older ships but cannot bring ourselves to do it.

Like yourself, we love the Spa and Promanade Deck.

You're not alone. LOL.

A lot of ships have the wrap promenade, just not carnival. So try other lines.

I feel very blessed to be able to cruise as much as we do.

So no we don't have special needs or we won't cruise criteria.

My first cruise was on a ship that was 16,000 ton's and we thought it was big. cabins were 100 sq ft, bathroom was a all in one room. sink shower and toilet. ( you had to watch your step.)

It's all perspective. I'm sure there are people that won't fly unless it first class.

Our first cruise was on the Triumph. And being the first, it was very new and exciting.

Our second was on the Magic...with the wrap around deck and Cloud 9 Spa (we booked a Spa Balcony).

After our first Magic cruise, I decided no way would I cruise on another ship that does not have the wrap around lanai like the Magic does on deck 5 AND no way would I cruise without the Cloud 9 Spa (or equivalent) amenities. That limits me to three ships right now..but that is okay as the Breeze is coming to Galveston for our June 2016 cruise.

I found the wrap around lanai makes the ship feel so much bigger..not only the outside part but just the "airy" feel of the middle section (red pub, etc) and easy access to the "outside". And the Spa is just my thing....love the sauna's and always have...but to have a choice of 3, along with that giant T-Pool is great. And it helps that it is hardly busy. I spend loads of time in there..so much so the staff ignores me. I think I would go crazy on sea-days with the Cloud 9.

How important for you to have found your preference. Some people never do. :)

I truly don't have any and don't care what ship I am on, only that it floats. :) My priority is outside the ship and where it takes me, determined a long time ago. Certainly something for everyone.

The ship is the destination for me. I can always fly to a port and stay. I would say my only requirement is stateroom location upper/forward. I've stayed in each stateroom/suite, my favorite is the Jr Suite, but it's expensive and I'd rather save my money for other things. Sometimes Carnival has a reasonable offer on a suite, depending on the time of year.

We were just talking about this last night. We got hooked on Cloud9 on the Splendor to Mexico a few years back. It is right up our hedonistic alley! We use it every day - we've sailed Splendor twice and just returned from Magic (which we booked because of Cloud9 amenities). We agreed it would be difficult to sail without the spa but a deal breaker would be no balcony! So this morning we pushed the button - spa balcony Cloud9, again on the Magic, but the Eastern Caribbean this time.

When the cruise line offers so many new upgrades (like Cloud9) it really is hard to step backwards.

:)

Great Question. I did think we had to sail from a tropical, calm sea area because of my sea sickness issues. Now we have friends that want to save on airfare and cruise from Baltimore. I'm all in... so it looks like as long as I can go on a cruise, I don't care much for when, where or what boat. :);):);)

I do but they are very different than you. I won't cruise on a ship with more than 2400 passengers, and prefer smaller than that.

I can't limit myself to one cruise line, much less to a specific amenity. We love variety in our cruise and don't want the same ships, same layout, same food over and over again.

If they priced similarly I would agree, but they don't. Not even within a few percentage points. :cool:

And I have sailed on all the major players except Princess and Disney -

I can think of a lot better reasons not to cruise besides a hamburger joint. There are so many ships and ports and activities to choose from. I cruise for the cruise atmosphere.

I was going to say the same thing, especially coming from a nurse. You base your cruise on a hamburger?

We must have a balcony, would not stay in an inside cabin