First Time Invite to MTP on the Star

cruzsnooze

We were invited to the most traveled Passenger lunch Dec 3 2015. I was the last one with the fewest days at 200. The most traveled has a little over 1000 days. I was surprised we made the cut. The luncheon was impeccable. Cold lobster tail appetizer then a choice of 3 entree's fish, pasta. or rack of lamb. Wine or soft drinks were served. Each table had an officer.

The lunch was nostalgic of how the dining room used to be with quality cuts of meats and fish with impeccable service. Our regular dining experience was lovely although they changed the time from 6 PM to 5:30 PM which caused many passengers to be late.

Edited by cruzsnooze

We were invited to the most traveled Passenger lunch Dec 3 2015. I was the last one with the fewest days at 200. The most traveled has a little over 1000 days. I was surprised we made the cut. The luncheon was impeccable. Cold lobster tail appetizer then a choice of 3 entree's fish, pasta. or rack of lamb. Wine or soft drinks were served. Each table had an officer.

The lunch was nostalgic of how the dining room used to be with quality cuts of meats and fish with impeccable service. Our regular dining experience was lovely although they changed the time from 6 PM to 5:30 PM which caused many passengers to be late.

Always love the luncheon. Its been fantastic every time we have gone. ;)

The higher numbered Elites don't actually like to take short cruises so you stand a better chance of an invite with only 200 days.

That is what we were told too. I guess I'll take more short cruises LOL!! BUT...they don't have the lunch on less then 5 night cruises.

The ship size, cruise length and itinerary can make a big diff. This past Jan to March we bounced around the Caribbean. We did a 5 day, then 3 7 days, another 5 day, followed by 2 10 day. We made the cut on both 5 day and 1 7 day. On the 10 day voyages we were near a 100 days short. At the end we had 370 days.

The first time we made the cut was a 10 day Partial Panama canal - we had about 180 days then

Pity that things have slipped so far, that this made you nostalgic.

Service was, no so long ago impeccable all he time, and the food exquisite.

While I still love cruising I am a little sad about falling standards.

That is what we were told too. I guess I'll take more short cruises LOL!! BUT...they don't have the lunch on less then 5 night cruises.

Not that we do short 4 day cruises but we once received a free meal in Sabatini's in lieu of a lunch or cocktail party. Much better than either.

Not that we do short 4 day cruises but we once received a free meal in Sabatini's in lieu of a lunch or cocktail party. Much better than either.

That is very nice. Sabitini's is being replaced by the new restaurant Share. I wonder if they'll give that because it's much more expensive then Sabitini's at $49 per person.

That is very nice. Sabitini's is being replaced by the new restaurant Share. I wonder if they'll give that because it's much more expensive then Sabitini's at $49 per person.

Good question. I'm not sure I would even like that but at $49 per person it's probably the only way I would ever get to try it. ;)

Maybe they'll give you a discount coupon for $25 off the price instead. :rolleyes:

Pity that things have slipped so far, that this made you nostalgic.

Service was, no so long ago impeccable all he time, and the food exquisite.

While I still love cruising I am a little sad about falling standards.

Not just standard being different (rather than slipping)

We had the cruise director on our table at one lunch and he 'threw' the menu back at the waiter and asked for eggs and chips!!!

(just an aside) Many years ago I was on a P&O UK ship when a lady was loudly wailing that standards in the ship had dropped and she would not sail on them again. I asked her why and she replied "When the waiter places the dinner in front of you he no longer bothers to ensure that the logo of the company it at the top of the setting!!!"

I could not believe this was all she had to complain about (cannot happen in Princess as plain white plates):D:D:D

The higher numbered Elites don't actually like to take short cruises so you stand a better chance of an invite with only 200 days.

The short getaway cruises we've sailed from LA had many elites & we have over a year of days and didn't make the cutoff so it can vary greatly.

We've been invited on three 7 day Alaskan cruises & a CA Coastal but all have only been cocktail parties. I've read that on 3 or 4 day cruises they give a free specialty dinner to the MTPs and every Captain's Circle member receives a free drink voucher in lieu of a cocktail party.