USA Today: Vote for Your Favorite Ocean Cruise Line!

-Lew-

I think that such surveys do not accurately reflect passenger preferences since "You can cast a vote in each category every day. You can vote again for Best Ocean Cruise Line". The winners will be determined more based on who is willing to stuff the ballot box to get their favorite cruise line at the top of the list.

Except for Crystal at #2 all of the luxury cruise lines are near the bottom of this list. Fewer passengers can afford to sail on luxury cruises & thus less votes for them and more for the mass market cruise lines with many passengers.

I voted for Princess because it provides the best cruise experience within my budget but I'm sure that Princess is not better than any luxury cruise line that I've never been able to afford. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 3 weeks later...

The results are in no way accurate or scientific. First, most people have not cruised each of the lines represented. Secondly, it only takes a few social media posts from well known individuals to get huge numbers of votes for that person's favorite. And finally, even the term "favorite" or "best" is subject to some interpretation.

I can find something on each of the lines we've cruised that they do better than any of the other lines. Overall favorite must also include my budget. Does that make my favorite the "best" line listed--probably not. It makes them the best overall fit for me at that particular time.