WhooooHoooo thank-you Celebrity!

nurseact

I have been on at least 15 cruises and in that time I have been upgraded to better balcony or higher Aqua Class, not today my ship has come in. We are taking our son on a celebration cruise for completion of a long hard residency. Who should call me today ....Celebrity, to ask if I would like my son's window cabin upgraded to a deluxe veranda and when I asked if they could upgrade me, I was upgraded from a concierge cabin to a Sky Suite! Once again thank- you Celebrity and this is why I'm a loyal costumer.

I have been on at least 15 cruises and in that time I have been upgraded to better balcony or higher Aqua Class, not today my ship has come in. We are taking our son on a celebration cruise for completion of a long hard residency. Who should call me today ....Celebrity, to ask if I would like my son's window cabin upgraded to a deluxe veranda and when I asked if they could upgrade me, I was upgraded from a concierge cabin to a Sky Suite! Once again thank- you Celebrity and this is why I'm a loyal costumer.

Congratulations to your son on his accomplishment, and to you for your upgrade. Enjoy! :)

Edited by C-Dragons

How wonderful for you and for your son -- score! :D Just an FYI - as you are in a Sky Suite - your assigned dining venue will be the suite restaurant (Luminae) - your son being in a verandah cabin - will not be allowed to eat in the suite restaurant with you unless you pay a premium and then only then if there is space available. Something to consider.

You will also have access to the suite private lounge (Michaels Club) but once again your son will not be allowed in the lounge as a non suite guest.

We received a call as well for our 12/21 sailing on the Connie, accepted the upsell offer from a sky suite to both a RS and PH ( had 2 reservation) so we opened up 2 sky suites on our sailing which I am sure will make someone happy! Especially since one was the sky suite next to the PH.

Congratulations, we have been on 54 cruises with Celebrity & not once have we been even asked if we wanted an upgrade or even the chance to pay for a last minute upgrade. It is nice to know that sometimes someone does get the call. Have a great cruise & enjoy.

Edited by If only

I have over 100 Celebrity cruises.

My TA put us in for upgrades on the upcoming cruise on Silhouette.

Was offered a $500 per cabin price to go from regular balcony to concierge.

Would not even get the extra points.

With free premium beverage package and MC access (Zenith perks) the concierge buys us nothing.

Absolutely absurd pricing !!!

Thank-you all for the well wishes, I do feel like I won the cruise lottery. To answer the questions it was complimentary, we are sailing 12/12/15 on the Reflection. I haven't been this excited about a cruise since our first one.🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳.

I met a woman on the Connie last week who said prior to the cruise, Celebrity called to offer her $500 and an upgrade from Aqua to a Sky suite. She and her husband turned it down because the wanted to eat in Blu.

My jaw had hit the ground, but when I recovered, I pointed out that suites can eat in Luminae or in Blu , space permitting.

I sure wish we had received that call. We would have jumped at it. Even without the $500

Thank-you all for the well wishes, I do feel like I won the cruise lottery. To answer the questions it was complimentary, we are sailing 12/12/15 on the Reflection. I haven't been this excited about a cruise since our first one.🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳.

This is awesome - have the best cruise ever. :)

I have over 100 Celebrity cruises.

My TA put us in for upgrades on the upcoming cruise on Silhouette.

Was offered a $500 per cabin price to go from regular balcony to concierge.

Would not even get the extra points.

With free premium beverage package and MC access (Zenith perks) the concierge buys us nothing.

Absolutely absurd pricing !!!

Tommy - Absurd - no. There are few in your Zenith situation. If you pay to upgrade you do get the extra points which in your situation mean little or nothing. Only when you are moved on no cost basis do the points stay the same if I understand it correctly.

To the original poster - am sure you can trade off a bit in Luminae if you tell them your situation. Also all of you can certainly eat in the MDR. The restaurant people have done that for my family before.

Congratulations to your son. Bravo.

I just paid $400 for a single occupancy upgrade from OV to 2A balcony with a larger veranda on Infinity sailing next month to South America. Saved over $2,000 off the going price now for the lowest level balcony on that cruise. Thank you Celebrity! Well worth the cost of upgrade!

I met a woman on the Connie last week who said prior to the cruise, Celebrity called to offer her $500 and an upgrade from Aqua to a Sky suite. She and her husband turned it down because the wanted to eat in Blu.

My jaw had hit the ground, but when I recovered, I pointed out that suites can eat in Luminae or in Blu , space permitting.

I sure wish we had received that call. We would have jumped at it. Even without the $500

Celebrity was offering an upgrade to a Sky Suite AND $500 BACK???

Normally they charge to upgrade !!!!

Tommy - Absurd - no. There are few in your Zenith situation. If you pay to upgrade you do get the extra points which in your situation mean little or nothing. Only when you are moved on no cost basis do the points stay the same if I understand it correctly.

There is another thread here on Cruise Critic.

Celebrity recently announced an extra cost upgrade program for "Loyal" passengers.

One pays extra but only receives the points due the original category that was booked.

Congratulations to the OP who received two no cost upgrades:) It has been MANY years since I received one of them.