Waterpark?!

Taiters91

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any water parks (with big slides) on any of the following islands;

Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, St Lucia, Barbados or Antigua?

My husband and I are waterpark mad and would love to go on our first cruise!

Thank you :)

None that I have seen. With such beautiful beaches and water, who would want a water park! To me water parks are usually long lines of people waiting for a quick thrill. In the Caribbean I think you will see more diving, scuba, wind surfing, some jet skis, etc.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

We live in England, but thank you! :)

With all respect, you aren't getting off the hook that easily. You likely will be flying when you visit those islands either by cruise ship or resort stays..... fly to Texas suggested. :) :)

With all respect, you aren't getting off the hook that easily. You likely will be flying when you visit those islands either by cruise ship or resort stays..... fly to Texas suggested. :) :)

Aha thank you - but we fly to Florida to cruise then fly straight home after. No time to stay on because we are back for work! :)

http://www.depalmisland.com/your-all-inclusive-day/

It doesn't look like a lot to me, they claim to have six water slides.

Just a heads up:

This activity will be closed for maintenance from Dec. 5 to Dec. 15.

Have looked into there but people have said Palm Beach is better :) the water slides are kids ones and the island only really has on offer what the beach does :)

If you want to experience an amazing water park, you should consider cruising out of Galveston and visiting The Schlitterbahn first. The New Braunfels location has the best waterpark in the world - it is massive - definitely would take 2 days to see and even has holographic and animatronic effects on some of their water rides New Braunfels is near San Antonio, TX, btw if you are trying to figure out where it is. The Galveston location has the best indoor waterpark in the world. As far as waterparks on cruises - you really should consider an NCL ship - they Getaway and Breakaway have 5 major waterpark slides. The Epic has 3 major waterpark slides.

http://www.schlitterbahn.com

Here are the waterparks that exist in the Caribbean including Cocoland in St. Lucia:

http://experience.usatoday.com/caribbean/story/best-of-caribbean/2015/06/23/top-five-caribbean-water-parks/8894287/

Taiters:

Be sure to also visit the ports of call section on Cruise Critic.

Each of the ports you are asking about has their own individual board under the Caribbean ports of call section of Cruise Critic. A lot of great information on those boards.

Keith

Most ships have waterparks with big slides. Newer Royal Caribbean ships also have the Flow Rider. That is surfing on land and is a heck of a lot of fun. It is free on the ships but if you want to do it in Grand Turk you must pay for it.

I am 71 and did it 7 times last year but the kids put adults to shame - they do it so easily. Google Flow Rider and you'll see what it is.

RCCL ships may also have the climbing wall that I am going to do next time on RCCL!

Have looked into there but people have said Palm Beach is better :) the water slides are kids ones and the island only really has on offer what the beach does :)

I would go to the beach in Aruba, Druif beach, Palm Beach and Eagle beach are all nice (it's more or less the same beach, with different names depending on where you enter it). You can take the local bus just outside the port, no need for a taxi.

Baby beach is nice but not worth the drive.

Thanks so much everyone. I probably should have said that our cruise is already booked and in 3 months time, so it has to be one of those islands :)

In addition to waterparks, you might also look at tubing in some of those locations. Some of the islands have some world class tubing opportunities on natural rivers that have some amazing shoots. I know you can do this in Barbados:

http://www.funandyou.com/bridgetown-barbados/river-tubing-rafting-inner-tube-bridgetown-barbados.htm#.Vm7iGITSrlI