Robes in cabin?

Oxo

Technically if you are in a balcony or above they should provide robes in the room.

When I was on the Gem(balcony) they provided robes in the room, when I was on Breakaway(family mini suite balcony) they didn't have it in the room, I had to ask for it.

Technically if you are in a balcony or above they should provide robes in the room.

When I was on the Gem(balcony) they provided robes in the room, when I was on Breakaway(family mini suite balcony) they didn't have it in the room, I had to ask for it.

We requested and got them on Princess in a balcony cabin.. We were in a balcony last time on NCL and they weren't in the cabin when we got there and I didn't think to ask. Will have to ask next time.

3 balconies and 1 mini suite with NCL in the past 3 years and no robes ever provided or offered, and never thought to ask.

We had robes in our balcony cabin on Escape. We managed to squish them aside enough to allow room for our clothes. I wish they wouldn't put them in there, but not worth having them removed.

If you have or are planning to purchase a spa pass you can get robes in the spa.

My wife and I were in an oceanview for a week on the Star, had a spa pass and had bath robes all week.

Unfortunately on the Star the easiest way to the front of the ship from the spa is through the buffet. Never thought I'd find myself at the buffet in a bathrobe but alas there we were, the same " 'mericans " we always made fun of.

Just ask your stew. It shouldnt be a problem.

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

If you have or are planning to purchase a spa pass you can get robes in the spa.

My wife and I were in an oceanview for a week on the Star, had a spa pass and had bath robes all week.

Unfortunately on the Star the easiest way to the front of the ship from the spa is through the buffet. Never thought I'd find myself at the buffet in a bathrobe but alas there we were, the same " 'mericans " we always made fun of.

Just ask your stew. It shouldnt be a problem.

-Sean

There is a difference between passing through the buffet in a robe and eating in the buffet in a robe so you are safe:).

• 1 year later...

Try Holland America at least once. I like them and Norwegian much better than Carnival and RCCL. I may like them a bit more than Norwegian.

Does HAL have better robes? The subject of this post is bathrobes. Just saying.

I can't yet answer that question (I look forward to comparing them in January). I can however say that we didn't have to ask for them on HAL, they were already in our balcony cabin.

Post was 2 years old ... NCL ... was in a balcony with no robes provided & had to ask for one and then in an oceanview, pre-stocked with 2 robes ... hanging inside the closet (and ship was late with turnaround & late boarding even with VIP recognition).

DW does use it on chilly mornings if sitting on the balcony. Until such time ... a bigger/larger "one-size-fit-all" robe is available, it is useless for some of us ... XXL or higher ;p.