Why all the complaints?

woodley

How about if you & Bo start a topic listing all of the things you like about Celebrity. We'll promise not to rain on your parade.

Actually, that's what the OP tried to do with this thread, but all the "dissatisfied" people came onto this thread to "rain on the parade" including you. :rolleyes:

Edited by El Crucero

That thread actually invited a response about why there are complaints...so naturally the responses highlighted some shortcomings esp from loyal long term Celebrity customers.

suggestion being made above is for you to start a positive " what I like " thread about Celebrity..or a specific ship, cruise, category etc.. Or compare your last few Celebrity cruise experiences with previous ones and say what you believe has improved

some things have improved ...or we wouldn't be loyal cruisers,

That thread actually invited a response about why there are complaints...so naturally the responses highlighted some shortcomings esp from loyal long term Celebrity customers.

The complainers' threads actually invited a response about why some people like Celebrity, so naturally the responses highlighted what is good about Celebrity especially including short term loyal Celebrity customers.

suggestion being made above is for you to start a positive " what I like " thread about Celebrity..or a specific ship, cruise, category etc.. Or compare your last few Celebrity cruise experiences with previous ones and say what you believe has improved

I did! Why didn't you see it? What are you talking about? Why are you jumping to conclusions? Your response is rude. Look at the recent thread "Cruise line shoot out, Celebrity vs Princess" I am the OP.

Ma Bell thank you.

Our household had cruised Celebrity since 1992.

In the past, we knew that Celebrity would consistently deliver their premium product year over year. We booked with confidence.

Our recent cruise did not reflect the Celebrity of the past. Further, reading other reports from patrons and taking into consideration recent Celebrity decisions - this is a once proud cruise line on a profitable rush to the bottom.....

My personal favorite examples...

Room service. Real cream replaced with an edible oil product

Pain au chocolate - formerly pastry now bread format

It is now clear that the current and anticipated future product does not meet our standards. Our main point is that our household does not TRUST Celebrity to:

1) Consistently deliver an excellent product across all ships over a year to year horizon and

2) Deliver the product offering as advertised at point of sale

End of patronage.

We are not lenient consumers - we are brutal in our punishment of a service provider that does not deliver as contracted whether it is Celebrity or anyone else.

It is obvious that some posting here are perfectly fine paying more for less - that is each persons decision. It is called being an "obedient consumer".

We are not moving to another cruise line as others have told patrons like us to do - we are ending cruising as a travel option since they are all in the same "mode".

Will check here from time to time to see if Celebrity's product of the future would encourage us to consider patronizing their company.

I will leave this post with this wonderful memory of the Celebrity of old... The Solstice Med - boarding and sitting down at the cafe al bacio. Immediate attention from a server who provided us with plates of delicate sandwiches loaded with shrimp, smoked salmon and other meats and cheese and relishes together with cool white wine. While we waited for the rooms to be ready - we had those amazing sandwiches and the no longer available lemon tartlets with the bitter chocolate square on top... That was a premium "modern luxury" experience.

Wishing everyone who sails and safe and wonderful vacation.

ABoatNerd

This is exactly the way we feel, I just couldn't put it in the right words like you did. We are also on the sidelines, waiting to to see if things will change. Maybe, if the economy tanks and fuel prices rise, they will remember the loyalist who sailed with them when things were tight. If not, we'll always have our memories of the way things were a few years ago.

We too loved the Mercury. It's our all time favorite ship, even over the Solstice class.

You generally don't find many people wanting the economy to tank so their vacation plans can be met. Few thankfully are that selfish. Economy tanks, job losses, lives disrupted, but hey if it keeps your vacation plans intact, whatever floats your boat.

And even if the local economy tanks, what on earth would make anyone think the cruise companies wouldn't deploy their assets to locals where the economy is doing well ?

This would allow for fares in line with the Companies business goals to be realized.

O, wait, that's sort of what's being done now isn't it ?

People need to understand, the cruise business is changing. The experience that was had in the past on the Mercury can still be had today, but not at the prices paid for the Mercury.

This is exactly the way we feel, I just couldn't put it in the right words like you did. We are also on the sidelines, waiting to to see if things will change. Maybe, if the economy tanks and fuel prices rise, they will remember the loyalist who sailed with them when things were tight. If not, we'll always have our memories of the way things were a few years ago.

We too loved the Mercury. It's our all time favorite ship, even over the Solstice class.

Have you considered Azamara? Their ships are smaller, everything is classier -- it sounds to me [i'm old, but haven't been cruising that long!] like the sainted Celebrity of old. Will see next year, when we compare Connie in the Med and Azamara Quest in the Norwegian Fjords.

Actually, that's what the OP tried to do with this thread, but all the "dissatisfied" people came onto this thread to "rain on the parade" including you. :rolleyes:

Really?? Reread the title of the thread. The question asked why all the comlaints. Posters are giving the reasons for all the complaints. Actually, this is one of the few threads that has stayed on topic.

Have you considered Azamara? Their ships are smaller, everything is classier -- it sounds to me [i'm old, but haven't been cruising that long!] like the sainted Celebrity of old. Will see next year, when we compare Connie in the Med and Azamara Quest in the Norwegian Fjords.

Thanks Jazz, for reminding us as we have been thinking of trying out Azamara Quest maybe late next year as our daughter wants to go Oasis first. We have some great fjords here in New Zealand, but would love to check out the Norwegian region, I am sure they would be spectacular.

Have a very happy New Year:):D