Why all the complaints?

woodley

wow, you really love to tell people what to do. Many of these people have a lot of experience cruising on celebrity ships, probably a lot more than you do, and i'm sure are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves.

Is it possible to just tell everyone how wonderful you think the celebrity experience is without telling them to go elsewhere?

Maybe if you had little more experience under your belt you may realize that recently there have been a lot more "real" problems than there ever used to be.

I have about 600 days on board celebrity ships and have always been a promoter of the product. I do, however, understand that have been a lot of substantial changes in the last 18 months and it's not just the little things i'm speaking of. All one has to do is read the daily programs lately to see what is happening. A celebrity cruise used to be an all around experience with lots of great food, good entertainment and many terrific activities each day.

The food, for the most part is still good and the crew still really try to provide great service, although they have been burdened with a lot more to do which makes it impossible to provide the really personalized service they used to. The entertainment has taken a hit with a lot less quality entertainers on board and the really big difference is in the daily activities which have gone from many interesting free options to most being sales pitches. The activities staff has been decimated.

There are obviously many people who are satisfied with a drink package and a lounge chair and that's fine, but for those who have experienced all the other offerings that celebrity used to provide, it's a bit disappointing.

I think all the pricing games celebrity has been playing also adds to the dissatisfaction that many feel.

I still enjoy my celebrity cruises but i have a lot more open to me than most cruisers.

There is value in discussing these things here as it is a resource that celebrity does use in determining their direction.

like!

Perhaps Celebrity's new policy is to give the passengers enough to drink and they won't notice all of the other cuts. They can just walk around like zombies with a smile on their face.

That's when alot of the downhill and cutbacks started...alcohol packages luring cruisers from other lines...who then want X to be like what they moved up from!

We still enjoy X but want upscale....not downscale.

Wow, you really love to tell people what to do. Many of these people have a lot of experience cruising on Celebrity ships, probably a lot more than you do, and I'm sure are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves.

Is it possible to just tell everyone how wonderful YOU think the Celebrity experience is without telling them to go elsewhere?

Maybe if you had little more experience under your belt you may realize that recently there have been a lot more "real" problems than there ever used to be.

I have about 600 days on board Celebrity ships and have always been a promoter of the product. I do, however, understand that have been a lot of substantial changes in the last 18 months and it's not just the little things I'm speaking of. All one has to do is read the daily programs lately to see what is happening. A Celebrity cruise used to be an all around experience with lots of great food, good entertainment and many terrific activities each day.

The food, for the most part is still good and the crew still really try to provide great service, although they have been burdened with a lot more to do which makes it impossible to provide the really personalized service they used to. The entertainment has taken a hit with a lot less quality entertainers on board and the really big difference is in the daily activities which have gone from many interesting free options to most being sales pitches. The activities staff has been decimated.

There are obviously many people who are satisfied with a drink package and a lounge chair and that's fine, but for those who have experienced all the other offerings that Celebrity used to provide, it's a bit disappointing.

I think all the pricing games Celebrity has been playing also adds to the dissatisfaction that many feel.

I still enjoy my Celebrity cruises but I have a lot more open to me than most cruisers.

There is value in discussing these things here as it is a resource that Celebrity does use in determining their direction.

That's when alot of the downhill and cutbacks started...alcohol packages luring cruisers from other lines...who then want X to be like what they moved up from!

We still enjoy X but want upscale....not downscale.

double

LIKE!!!!

For those of you with the various complaints. Have you ever witnessed a change from Celebrity because of them? Based upon your input it appears they continue to make changes that upset you and you respond by complaining on this forum. Some of the complaints appear to date back several years. Is it cathartic? I only ask because there seems to be a bit of an echo chamber going on with the likes and double likes.

Orv...

I have reread your post a few times. I used to think this too, i just had to upgrade to get it, but this was not true on my last 19 days. While I am willing to consider the conditions were a one off, I am not yet sure they were. For sure before I spend that kind of money again, I want a bit of reassurance. Otherwise its back to SS and AQ for me.

/QUOTE]

If you upgrade on Celebrity you're still on Celebrity, which as I stated I still like. What I was really referring to is going to higher end lines like Oceania, Seabourn, Crystal, Regent, etc.

For those of you with the various complaints. Have you ever witnessed a change from Celebrity because of them? Based upon your input it appears they continue to make changes that upset you and you respond by complaining on this forum. Some of the complaints appear to date back several years. Is it cathartic? I only ask because there seems to be a bit of an echo chamber going on with the likes and double likes.

Yes, through the years there have been quite a few that have been reconsidered and changed. Maybe you should read what it is that they like and double like. I have for years been considered one of the big Celebrity cheerleaders and have been proud to do so because there was never a serious reason to change my mind. It was the same for many of the others. These are people who are not complainers or who worry about small things. Since you say you are just preparing for your second cruise on Celebrity I can see why you don't understand.

Personally, I think the real problem is one that will probably not be resolved because it is a true change in policy and to the whole philosophy of what Celebrity is. I think many of us would just like to know what that is.

Edited by Ma Bell

The endless loop of techno music is gone or downplayed...the DJs share venue time with other musicians so none dominate, and things at the pool have also been improving...

Have not seen any new shows..,stay tuned!

new spa contractor much improved

Suite guests got some of the specialty dining perks restored in the near term

Water....we'll see

Yes, through the years there have been quite a few that have been reconsidered and changed. Maybe you should read what it is that they like and double like. QUOTE]

Nope, not going to read it again. I won't respond any longer because I don't want to get into the way of others. Happy New Year!

Like! :D

[Emphasis above is mine]

Excellent question.

The endless loop of techno music is gone or downplayed...the DJs share venue time with other musicians so none dominate, and things at the pool have also been improving...

Have not seen any new shows..,stay tuned!

new spa contractor much improved

Suite guests got some of the specialty dining perks restored in the near term

Water....we'll see

And don't forget the evening chocolate. That was a BIGGEE!

Fair enough :) An honest answer would be that we are still looking for that cruise line. You know, the lucky middle between NCL and Crystal :D

We'll keep trying new cruise lines and experiences.

We absolutely love cruising so we'll keep looking. Wish us luck :)

I understand how difficult that can be, but you can alternate sailings between NCL and Crystal and then you will have the long term 'lucky medium' averaged, that is...

bon voyage

In the 2000's we started a search for that cruise line, and it was Celebrity, for us it still us. I really haven't had a bad cruising experience with them, a few disappointments yes, but we still like them.

There is no doubt better, but not in the price range. I never understand people that just don't get that you get what you pay for. If you(not the OP, everyone in general) don't think the Celebrity product is worth what they're asking then try to find something you're happy with in the price range you want to pay.

I've said this before and I'll repeat it. You can get the product that Celebrity used to be, you're just going to have to pay two or three times as much for it. Oceania is full of past guests from Celebrity and Holland America, of course not all of them are happy with Oceania either.

People can't have everything, low price and a high quality product. Each person has to decide which is important to them.

Apparently, for some, it is complaining and not moving ships. Even though, this is CC after all and that is part of it, complaining, but ad infinitim about the same issues?

It does get kind of tiring to read, then again I do have the power to delete or ignore 'similar' postings.

Sail On... bon voyage

apparently, for some, it is complaining and not moving ships. Even though, this is cc after all and that is part of it, complaining, but ad infinitim about the same issues?

It does get kind of tiring to read, then again i do have the power to delete or ignore 'similar' postings.

Sail on... Bon voyage

like!

This is what we see in the cruise industry :

1) ships DO NOT Sail full ;because ,if there is a severe cabin problem they need to place the people in a empty cabin .Thus ,all cruise ships must keep some cabins vacant for emergency issues ;)

2) Cruise lines 5 year business plan must project their need for new ships .Unfortunately ,it takes over a year to build new ships & things in the world economic climate can change quickly . If it is negative then you will see cruise pricing drop . Positive economic raises prices . It is called supply /demand;)

#) We always have great cruises regardless of the economy :D

Wow, you really love to tell people what to do. Many of these people have a lot of experience cruising on Celebrity ships, probably a lot more than you do, and I'm sure are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves.

Is it possible to just tell everyone how wonderful YOU think the Celebrity experience is without telling them to go elsewhere?

I have about 600 days on board Celebrity ships and have always been a promoter of the product. I do, however, understand that have been a lot of substantial changes in the last 18 months and it's not just the little things I'm speaking of. All one has to do is read the daily programs lately to see what is happening. A Celebrity cruise used to be an all around experience with lots of great food, good entertainment and many terrific activities each day.

There are obviously many people who are satisfied with a drink package and a lounge chair and that's fine, but for those who have experienced all the other offerings that Celebrity used to provide, it's a bit disappointing.

I think all the pricing games Celebrity has been playing also adds to the dissatisfaction that many feel.

I still enjoy my Celebrity cruises but I have a lot more open to me than most cruisers.

There is value in discussing these things here as it is a resource that Celebrity does use in determining their direction.

Excellent post. You have perfectly expressed what many long time Celebrity guests are feeling right now. Thanks.

How about if you & Bo start a topic listing all of the things you like about Celebrity. We'll promise not to rain on your parade.

Rich, really, only if you start it I will most certainly support it, one topic or another...

btw - Happy New Year

bon voyage

Ma Bell thank you.

Our household had cruised Celebrity since 1992.

In the past, we knew that Celebrity would consistently deliver their premium product year over year. We booked with confidence.

Our recent cruise did not reflect the Celebrity of the past. Further, reading other reports from patrons and taking into consideration recent Celebrity decisions - this is a once proud cruise line on a profitable rush to the bottom.....

My personal favorite examples...

Room service. Real cream replaced with an edible oil product

Pain au chocolate - formerly pastry now bread format

It is now clear that the current and anticipated future product does not meet our standards. Our main point is that our household does not TRUST Celebrity to:

1) Consistently deliver an excellent product across all ships over a year to year horizon and

2) Deliver the product offering as advertised at point of sale

End of patronage.

We are not lenient consumers - we are brutal in our punishment of a service provider that does not deliver as contracted whether it is Celebrity or anyone else.

It is obvious that some posting here are perfectly fine paying more for less - that is each persons decision. It is called being an "obedient consumer".

We are not moving to another cruise line as others have told patrons like us to do - we are ending cruising as a travel option since they are all in the same "mode".

Will check here from time to time to see if Celebrity's product of the future would encourage us to consider patronizing their company.

I will leave this post with this wonderful memory of the Celebrity of old... The Solstice Med - boarding and sitting down at the cafe al bacio. Immediate attention from a server who provided us with plates of delicate sandwiches loaded with shrimp, smoked salmon and other meats and cheese and relishes together with cool white wine. While we waited for the rooms to be ready - we had those amazing sandwiches and the no longer available lemon tartlets with the bitter chocolate square on top... That was a premium "modern luxury" experience.

Wishing everyone who sails and safe and wonderful vacation.

ABoatNerd

Ma Bell thank you.

Our household had cruised Celebrity since 1992.

In the past, we knew that Celebrity would consistently deliver their premium product year over year. We booked with confidence.

Our recent cruise did not reflect the Celebrity of the past. Further, reading other reports from patrons and taking into consideration recent Celebrity decisions - this is a once proud cruise line on a profitable rush to the bottom.....

My personal favorite examples...

Room service. Real cream replaced with an edible oil product

Pain au chocolate - formerly pastry now bread format

It is now clear that the current and anticipated future product does not meet our standards. Our main point is that our household does not TRUST Celebrity to:

1) Consistently deliver an excellent product across all ships over a year to year horizon and

2) Deliver the product offering as advertised at point of sale

End of patronage.

We are not lenient consumers - we are brutal in our punishment of a service provider that does not deliver as contracted whether it is Celebrity or anyone else.

It is obvious that some posting here are perfectly fine paying more for less - that is each persons decision. It is called being an "obedient consumer".

We are not moving to another cruise line as others have told patrons like us to do - we are ending cruising as a travel option since they are all in the same "mode".

Will check here from time to time to see if Celebrity's product of the future would encourage us to consider patronizing their company.

I will leave this post with this wonderful memory of the Celebrity of old... The Solstice Med - boarding and sitting down at the cafe al bacio. Immediate attention from a server who provided us with plates of delicate sandwiches loaded with shrimp, smoked salmon and other meats and cheese and relishes together with cool white wine. While we waited for the rooms to be ready - we had those amazing sandwiches and the no longer available lemon tartlets with the bitter chocolate square on top... That was a premium "modern luxury" experience.

Wishing everyone who sails and safe and wonderful vacation.

ABoatNerd

Ah yes, Solstice inaugural season

I remember it well

This is what we see in the cruise industry :

1) ships DO NOT Sail full ;because ,if there is a severe cabin problem they need to place the people in a empty cabin .Thus ,all cruise ships must keep some cabins vacant for emergency issues ;)

2) Cruise lines 5 year business plan must project their need for new ships .Unfortunately ,it takes over a year to build new ships & things in the world economic climate can change quickly . If it is negative then you will see cruise pricing drop . Positive economic raises prices . It is called supply /demand;)

#) We always have great cruises regardless of the economy :D

Our observation does not confirm #1. On the last two cruises, transatlantic and transpacific we observed cabin flooding sufficient to make them uninhabitable. They were not moved to a new cabin over all objections and given an unknown but very liberal allowance. Just the facts. Other cruises and ships I cannot speak to.

Me