Barefoot Beach Cabana Prices, 2016

tlbutler33

For anyone interested, I just got my email from Concierge for my upcoming 1/3/16 cruise. Here are the Cabana prices quoted for Barefoot Beach.

Standard - $250

Hilltop - $350

Beach Front - $350

Over the Water - $495

Wow!

On the plus side, this should help with cabanas not being available.

Thanks for posting.

Double WOW

Looks like we will have to really get there early to get our loungers, next thing you know they will price them by location:eek:

(loungers that is)

Thanks for post

Edited by Lionesss

For anyone interested, I just got my email from Concierge for my upcoming 1/3/16 cruise. Here are the Cabana prices quoted for Barefoot Beach.

Standard - $250

Hilltop - $350

Beach Front - $350

Over the Water - $495

At that premium price they should put in better ladders and one per cabana. I splurged and paid $250 for a Nellies over the water for just two of us, and found it to be worth it for us. The absolute worse thing (from a good day) was the small round ladder steps on my size 13 feet which has lost some feeling.

If this is supply and demand, I hope they find the demand for the over the water goes down. I don't see myself going back to Labadee before 2018, so I have time to watch this. :cool:

Edited by BillOh

I just paid the $495 for the OTW for my July 2016 cruise on Allure. I really hated paying that much but my husband and I are taking my mother-in-law and also an Aunt & Uncle. I know that this will give them a nice place to relax and also serve as a home base for the time we are in port.

I might have to sell the extra 3 wrist bands that we don't need to the black market for general admission to barefoot. I don't really want strangers in the cabana but GA to barefoot with the upgraded lunch buffet must be worth a few dollars. :p

Edited by A&L_Ont

I paid $250 for a over the water cabana on Barefoot beach this past July. It was the best beach day I ever had on a cruise. But I dint think I would pay the new price they want now. That's double the price. It's highway robbery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Supply and demand. It's what the "market" will bear. The demand for them has been high so their goal is to get to the point where they're still renting them, but not bombarded by requests. Our first time in a Cabana was on Barefoot and it was I think $150 for standard. We paid $175 for over the water the second time we rented one on Barefoot. The last two we rented were on Nellie's. Once they went up over $175, we were done. Just not worth it for part day shade because most start in the shade, but by 1 pm have sun over the open deck area. We've rented one a total of 4 times.

Edited by BND

On our recent 10 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Granduer we had OTW 1 and paid $250. However, as we walked around Barefoot Beach we found that several of the cabanas were not rented. As we ventured out into Labadee we noticed that again several of the cabanas on Nellies Beach were not rented.

I am assuming that Royal has not a problem renting out the cabanas on both beaches when Oasis and Quantum class are in port. Other classes of ships maybe a different story. At these prices, I will enjoy the beach chairs and loungers on Barefoot Beach, since I spend significant higher rates for a suite.

On our recent 10 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Granduer we had OTW 1 and paid $250. However, as we walked around Barefoot Beach we found that several of the cabanas were not rented. As we ventured out into Labadee we noticed that again several of the cabanas on Nellies Beach were not rented.

I am assuming that Royal has not a problem renting out the cabanas on both beaches when Oasis and Quantum class are in port. Other classes of ships maybe a different story. At these prices, I will enjoy the beach chairs and loungers on Barefoot Beach, since I spend significant higher rates for a suite.

I was there on the Navigator earlier this month.

Many many many many vacancies.

When does it open up to book if you are in a suite? We are thinking about renting one since we have 1 room that is in a balcony and would like if we can all enjoy barefoot beach together that day.

We usually send the concierge an email 2 - 4 weeks before the cruise. Some will suggest to wait for the concierge to email you but we've found that doesn't always happen.

On our recent Grandeur cruise I contacted the concierge about 14 days before the cruise started to request a cabana. Also received an email from the concierge about 7 days before the cruise offering several pre-cruise benefits.

Standard - $250

Hilltop - $350

Beach Front - $350

Over the Water - $495

When asking a concierge about pricing on a recent cruise, he did also say that the prices of the cabanas can vary by ship.

We were told that the price of a hilltop cabana was going up to $295, by the concierge on Oasis. We asked him to reserve about a month ago, when it was still $225 and have been assured that we will be charged that amount even though we haven't paid for it yet. I guess that's another piece of paper to bring with us.:rolleyes: