Live "Oasis Jan 2nd 2016"

whitshel

We missed you at the Meet & Mingle!

We dined at 150 CP on our BOGO coupon on night one and were charged $45 for one cover, even though the menu said $40. We were too tired at that point to argue about it - we had done enough grousing about the sky high wine prices. As an example, a glass of Oberon Cabernet on Serenade was $10 in October/November. On this cruise it's $17.:eek: We sat at the Trellis Bar for awhile last night and the bartender said that we were among the few people who hadn't purchased a drink package. One crew member said that Allure had dropped her holiday pricing this week, but Oasis decided to stick with it. We briefly thought of getting a package, but there aren't many wines that we enjoy for less than the $13/glass cap, so we'd be shelling out extra. My liver is thanking RCI for raising prices to the point that we are only ordering one paid glass a day.

Has anyone heard if these inflated holiday prices are here to stay for the Oasis or will they be returning to normal soon? We will be on the 1/16/16 cruise and have the premium beverage package. If this particular wine is $17 glass we would be left to pay the difference. I hope there are some good options within the premium beverage package price point.

Thank you so much for doing this live post! I am very much enjoying your posts as I look forward to being on Oasis on March 17th for 9 nights to the Caribbean! Seeing this is making me so so excited to be on her! Thanks for all the pictures and reviews, makes me feel like I am already on Vacation! :) Can't wait to see the rest!

We were on Oasis Nov 7 and Nov 14. The drink card was not offer on those cruises so it might not be offered on all cruises.

It was yesterday so day 4 on the western run. Now I did stop n ask the bar tender I am using to get my diamond drinks and he verified that it is in fact $79 before gratuity. He said with gratuity it's $93 which about what I paid. So surprise, surprise!

But I did go down and get my rum n coke and jack n coke right now before dinner, thank you diamond coupons [emoji39]

6ba077ac35312d6efdcfbd0bb2560069.jpg

sitting on the balcony of my dd's while they get ready for dinner

69f9832367d633c0b32cc9f62e2bc0d5.jpg

8dd7ecc2e913594dad7d41a6f823c79c.jpg

abbe01006338cfdee1a303d12adf8aee.jpg

4e16a998d4993b98e57359191b87ba26.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking your time to post! I love reading all your reviews. I see Jimmy the entertainer is in the playing in the pub. My husband and I will be on oasis in February 6th. Could you ask him if he will be on oasis during that time? I sailed with him a couple years ago on Allure. I really enjoyed his music. Thanks for any info. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Cheers!!

It was yesterday so day 4 on the western run. Now I did stop n ask the bar tender I am using to get my diamond drinks and he verified that it is in fact $79 before gratuity. He said with gratuity it's $93 which about what I paid. So surprise, surprise!

Now the back of that coupon card is confusing.. or maybe it is just me... :confused:

Can you walk out to the end of the hall on deck 11 and then go outside ? My question is a little confusing...there used to be a "secret" balcony at the end of deck 11 that anyone could go out on. But the refurb changed the configuration. I am just wondering if there is any public balcony space over the water theater anymore?

Can you walk out to the end of the hall on deck 11 and then go outside ? My question is a little confusing...there used to be a "secret" balcony at the end of deck 11 that anyone could go out on. But the refurb changed the configuration. I am just wondering if there is any public balcony space over the water theater anymore?

The public balconies are gone from decks 11, 12, and 14.

Now the back of that coupon card is confusing.. or maybe it is just me... :confused:

It sure is. I reread the sign that was on the bar and it doesn't specify whether the tip is included or not. So I guess once you have the card, you don't have to worry about tips.

The public balconies are gone from decks 11, 12, and 14.

Like Bob said the public balconies have been replaced with suites.

The only public balcony left is on deck 7

e78b2be4077554e96dbe3fd63f898382.jpg

The bottom deck.

b982e30a077e7bdb5fb9edf7dcdc41a2.jpg

b3e8e65dc1ea679fe5e1d7489d211d7c.jpg

451753cea36ff1dd1e9111df9165d81f.jpg

Chairs to watch the shows or the ocean

The engine control room

de2f0b57de19f74611ca1bd12692854d.jpg

cb893cf81eddb0f3d096e67459a38979.jpg

b508076e154929deedeff35be8ad768e.jpg

e2702df28d766187715510de84cb7f1f.jpg

This room also controls the reverse osmosis system. They have 5 tanks I think he said and the also use the fresh water as ballast, the move it from tank to tank to level out the ship. They were spouting off so many numbers it was hard to keep track of. 6 engines, 2-18 megawatt, and 4-13 megawatt. They were only using the big engines and 1 small one as we were heading to Cozumel. But only at about 3/4 power. I asked him if they have ever used all 6 at full power, he said no, they used to use 5 at full power to get from Nassau to st Thomas but now they only need 3 or 4 after the dry dock.

9dac20130af2f7eb64d678a53886378d.jpg

So with the internet, this is what I did for an almost week of Internet for $45 as a diamond. Didn't get the wifi package on day just because you will have your phone service til about 6pm. Then dinner and your busy so I figured I don't need it for the rest of the night. Used my free day on day 2 and today signed up for the rest of the week which was $75 minus my wife's coupon = $45. Not a bad deal. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working this morning but then "duh" I hadn't signed up for rhe rest of the week yet [emoji4] now we're good again.

Great review, just started reading as I was informed about this ongoing review on our march roll call.

I have a quick question, Can you purchase a single day internet service? Or are you forced to purchase the plan for the entire cruise. The reason I ask is because my cruise stops in San Juan and St. Thomas, and I have cell service there.

Also, ur free day and coupon come from the diamond status?

Thank you for your help :)

Great review, just started reading as I was informed about this ongoing review on our march roll call.

I have a quick question, Can you purchase a single day internet service? Or are you forced to purchase the plan for the entire cruise. The reason I ask is because my cruise stops in San Juan and St. Thomas, and I have cell service there.

Also, ur free day and coupon come from the diamond status?

Thank you for your help :)

Purchasing a single 24 hour period can be done but it is $30 for the day as opposed to the $15 per day when you purchase it for either the full cruise or the duration of the cruise.

Their coupon was a diamond coupon which can be used for 1 free 24 hour period or $30 off any package.

This is with the beds apart.

619069c917bc7b31c60b9e73345bb1a1.jpg

Thanks for posting this particular picture. My DD & I will be sailing the Oasis on Feb. 6th, in a Central Park balcony cabin with this same setup. I was pretty sure that there would be enough room to easily access the closet area while sitting on the bed, but it is good to have this confirmed. Winter was slow in coming to Virginia this year, but now we're below freezing every night, with daytime highs mostly in the low to mid-40s. Looking forward to warmer temps in about four weeks.

Purchasing a single 24 hour period can be done but it is $30 for the day as opposed to the $15 per day when you purchase it for either the full cruise or the duration of the cruise.

Their coupon was a diamond coupon which can be used for 1 free 24 hour period or $30 off any package.

Thank you, I might have to think that one through.