Unwanted Upgrade, How do I get my cabin back?

BoxersMom

You are suggesting that she punish the servers for a corporate policy? Besides, chances are the OP never set her preferences to "do not upgrade". I think it is HORRIBLE when someone makes a mistake (like OP most likely did) and you suggest she punish others for that mistake.

Don't get me wrong - I feel for the OP. I have an aft balcony for my Norway cruise and don't want it upgraded. And I sure hope she gets her aft back.

No, that's not what I suggested at all. I never once said not to pay the service staff.

OP asked HOW to get their cabin back.

Sometimes you have to say the right thing to corporate to get their ears to perk up and make them get on the case with a bit more diligence. Let corporate know you have the option to deny funneling money to their coffers first and they usually will expedite resolving an issue.

Looks like the posting of the resolution department phone number worked.

Edited by LMaxwell

No, that's not what I suggested at all. I never once said not to pay the service staff.

OP asked HOW to get their cabin back.

Sometimes you have to say the right thing to corporate to get their ears to perk up and make them get on the case with a bit more diligence. Let corporate know you have the option to deny funneling money to their coffers first and they usually will expedite resolving an issue.

Looks like the posting of the resolution department phone number worked.

Okay. Fair enough. I still think we need to each take responsibility for our own mistakes. But if OP did have her preferences set to "do not upgrade" - different story indeed in which case I would like use your suggestion.

Okay. Fair enough. I still think we need to each take responsibility for our own mistakes. But if OP did have her preferences set to "do not upgrade" - different story indeed in which case I would like use your suggestion.

Yes, ensuring DO NOT UPGRADE is selected is important. It is important to have because what RCI considers an upgrade may not be what the guest considers an upgrade.

Yes, ensuring DO NOT UPGRADE is selected is important. It is important to have because what RCI considers an upgrade may not be what the guest considers an upgrade.

This is exactly what happened to me. Do Not Upgrade was checked. What RCI considered an upgrade what not what I considered an upgrade. C&A went to bat for me and I got my oversized inside cabin back and had a wonderful cruise.

I'm so glad the OP got her aft cabin back and I hope she has a great cruise.

Since this is the 2nd incident reported here. Now all of us who have booked corner AFT are beginning to worry that we might get upgraded to mid ship JS even if our preferences is "no upgrade"....

Seems that some upgrade staff are no longer looking at the upgrade preferences first before doing an upgrade.

I think you speak for yourself, not all of us

The same thing happened to us a few years ago. I am with you, i much prefer the aft corner to a js. We book two years out to get one. We threw a fit with rc and we got our aft back. Go after it! Always mark "no upgrade".

So it seems here that upgrades from corner AFT D1 to midship is common. But what if the JS is already sold out for that sailing?

If someone wants your corner AFT cabin and only GS or higher suites is avail, has anyone experienced being upgraded from corner AFT cabin to GS or higher?

The same thing happened to us a few years ago. I am with you, i much prefer the aft corner to a js. We book two years out to get one. We threw a fit with rc and we got our aft back. Go after it! Always mark "no upgrade".

Agree.....

There are only a few ships that offer a "True" wraparound corner aft cabin. I would never give It up for a tub and 80sq feet on the inside.

Thank you Irishgal432!! I just got a call from Scott in Loyalty Resolutions and I am now in Aft Cabin 7660 which I am completely happy with!! Scott told me that my TA, Costco Travel, actually helped facilitate this change. Glad that Royal could make this right in the end. Thanks to all of you for your responses!

What a relief! Safe travels and enjoy your cruise.

If it´s an international booking it´s the truth that RCI in the US can´t Access the booking.

I had the US office add the balcony discount to my German booking. They told me they are "not supposed" to do it, but they can.:cool:

RCI seems to be pretty consistent on not giving double points for free upgrades, but I thought they usually gave you a gold card and associated suite benefits. Am I wrong on that?But this would make two parties happy; this is way too logical to actually happen:rolleyes:

You're right. Complimentary upgrade to GS gets gold card and associated onboard benefits.

So has anyone been upgraded from a GS to something higher. I think under the new suite program rooms higher than GS get the unlimited drinks package?

The new Suite Program will be implemented in May 2016.....on Oasis and Quantum class ships only.

Since this is the 2nd incident reported here. Now all of us who have booked corner AFT are beginning to worry that we might get upgraded to mid ship JS even if our preferences is "no upgrade"....

Seems that some upgrade staff are no longer looking at the upgrade preferences first before doing an upgrade.

I just logged into my account and the upgrade page looks different and nothing was selected. I know I had it set to no upgrade, as I selected the cabin I wanted. They keep messing with their web site software, going to have to keep an eye on my profile settings.

I have a corner aft for my next cruise, not looking for an upgrade unless it is an aft suite.

I just logged into my account and the upgrade page looks different and nothing was selected. I know I had it set to no upgrade, as I selected the cabin I wanted. They keep messing with their web site software, going to have to keep an eye on my profile settings.

I have a corner aft for my next cruise, not looking for an upgrade unless it is an aft suite.

Thanks for this info. I'm headed off to RCI. I, too, have always checked "no upgrades." I want the cabin I select!

I'm shaking my head as I read these posts about people getting upgrades and not happy about it. I would be happy and grateful if I got any kind of upgrade but it hasn't happened for a long time. I doesn't matter any more if you have one cruise or 100 cruises since the revenue dept. started handling the upgrades.

I'm shaking my head as I read these posts about people getting upgrades and not happy about it. I would be happy and grateful if I got any kind of upgrade but it hasn't happened for a long time. I doesn't matter any more if you have one cruise or 100 cruises since the revenue dept. started handling the upgrades.

What Royal considers an upgrade can be totally different than what I consider to be an upgrade.

Normally I would take any upgrade, at any time, (though have still never, ever met the upgrade fairy) but plan on setting my profile to "do not upgrade" for our Radiance August Alaska cruise B2B. Not giving up 9256 for anything on that one! Well....except for 1100. ;) Aft cabins are great for viewing the inland water way. :)

We had that one as well....suuuuwwwweeeet!:D

You would if it had taken you 2 years to snag an aft in particular location. Or if all your peeps were in cabins around yours and they moved you to another deck....