Half empty ship

I'm still not seeing an easy way on the UK website to determine how full a ship is. Do you need to go into every category and look at the number of rooms offered? ...or is there an easier way?

After doing it a bit you get quite good at counting fast or estimating. And once you see a few categories at 50 cabins available you know that sailing is not selling well (assuming it's within a few months of sailing) and prices should be trending down. This assumes you want inventory levels for a pricing decision. If you just want to count empty cabins for the heck of it - yeah, that could be a chore.

Biker, who knows that when his PC screen is full, that is 25 cabins.

RCCL have 19 D1 on it's own website and the Suite's the OP has said.

This ship has 1038 staterooms. 19 + a few random cats does not a 50% full ship make so a bit of an exaggeration there I am afraid.

Never hurts to ask for an upgrade at the ship though! If it is reduced in price however, no extra C&A points for a JS usually. Good luck OP!

Yes you do get double C&A for a JS, and if you have proof you paid extra they should give it to you. Somethings there is only $100 between a D1 and a JS so why should they discriminate?

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Yes you do get double C&A for a JS, and if you have proof you paid extra they should give it to you. Somethings there is only $100 between a D1 and a JS so why should they discriminate?

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

If you see a low price for a JS and call Royal to upgrade based on the website price then yes you get double points.

If Royal calls you and offers you a paid upgrade to a JS that is less than what the website price is then you do not get double points even though you paid.

Last year on our Mariner OTS cruise, it was only about 2/3 full.

A week before sailing I moved us up from 2 Promenade views to 2 Suite Guarantees, just by calling. The price of a Suite Guarantee was lower than what we had paid for the Promenade view.

We ended up in 2 Grand Suites! I thought we'd be in JS, so it was a nice surprise to get GS!

We orginally had booked insides, moved up to Promenade when the price dropped (gave up $200 OBC). So technically, I got the GSs for the price of insides.

Sounds like a great deal!

From the fish site - which shows % of categories available (which itself is suspect), not cabins.

I agree about it being suspect. I just checked a sailing on the BR for April 2017. That site is showing 25% which would mean that a whole bunch of categories are sold out, right?

All categories for that sailing are still available, so the site should show 100% I would think. I have never seen a sailing on that site listed at 100%

Update: After their first offer of £1000 ($1400) they came back yesterday with £300 ($425).....it pays to persevere...

Wow!! That is great!!

Also, as a side note.. I know we aren't allowed to discuss actual websites, but I can't figure out who the fish is!! Can anyone give me an extra clue to my search to figure out who they are? [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: After their first offer of £1000 ($1400) they came back yesterday with £300 ($425).....it pays to persevere...

Now I would jump on it!:)

Who did you get this upgrade with???

Rccl want £3300 plus for a upgrade

Now I would jump on it!:)

Who did you get this upgrade with???

Rccl want £3300 plus for a upgrade

Pester Power I'm afraid! My agent kept emailing them.....and eventually they came back with an acceptable cost. At first they also said I would lose the inclusive cheap flights to DXB as well. :rolleyes:

I would not pay a time more for a JS, there are no perks that come along. Yes more space but I would use that money for a down payment on my next cruise. :p

The interior space alone is worth $50 a day, the bonus point is great, many come with lounger on balcony. Closet is nice, as is the tub. I'd say it worth at least $500, so OP scored a nice upgrade. Not sure if they will get the bonus points though, and that is what they were looking for

Edited by John&LaLa

The interior space alone is worth $50 a day, the bonus point is great, many come with lounger on balcony. Closet is nice, as is the tub. I'd say it worth at least $500, so OP scored a nice upgrade. Not sure if they will get the bonus points though, and that is what they were looking for

You're probably right about not getting the extra cruise point if it was a reduced price upgrade.

Agree.....

A JS is worth $50 a day to us. Don't really care about points anymore since becoming diamond.

Wow!! That is great!!

Also, as a side note.. I know we aren't allowed to discuss actual websites, but I can't figure out who the fish is!! Can anyone give me an extra clue to my search to figure out who they are? [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"cruise" "fish" in a "net"