Serenade of the Seas

Long time ago we sailed on the is ship ;however ,we have mostly done Celebrity cruises out of our 70 cruises to date .

Questions are :

How is the food quality in the MDR & Lido

Do they have a really good gym

How are the main shows

Is there anything we should try while aboard our 7 night New England /Canada cruise this September

TIA for your replies ;)

Long time ago we sailed on the is ship ;however ,we have mostly done Celebrity cruises out of our 70 cruises to date .

Questions are :

We thought the MDR food was pretty good on our cruise and would recommend again. MDR lunches were great, breakfasts not quite as good. I've no idea what you mean by the Lido - there's no such venue on Serenade. Do you mean the Windjammer buffet or maybe the Park Cafe by the pool in the Solarium?

Didn't avail ourselves to the gym, so can't comment here.

How are the main shows

The production shows were decent, your typical cruise fare there. The aerial show in the Centrum is quite good, though.

Is there anything we should try while aboard our 7 night New England /Canada cruise this September

If you're into billiards, visit the self-leveling pool tables in the Safari Club (Deck 6, aft). Both Chops and Giovanni's Table on Serenade are good, though we liked Chops a tad bit better.

TIA for your replies ;)

See my replies above in red. Hope they help!

Wouldn't Chops be the gold card breakfast venue?

Yes, but on sister ship Brilliance (little did we know until half way through the cruise) it was also available to D+. Never got a letter from the concierge, :( but later we found out from another passenger.

Edited by island lady

Just off Serenade and the special breakfast in chops was for suite and pinnacle only

Ahh...OK. Interesting how each ship is so different in set up. We just never assumed we, as D+ and not in a GS and above, could do the Chops breakfast on sister ship Brilliance. It was a nice perk. On Freedom it is gold card only in chops also, but D+ (and possibly D?) can take a plate into Giovannis for seating, plus they provide a buffet of beverages and table setting. Nice quiet place to enjoy breakfast.

Edited by island lady

We ate outdoors on Brilliance on this same cruise in October. Just a little breezy, but it was enjoyable and almost always available.

Yes, we also love the outdoor area of the WJ in the aft on all Radiance class series. On our Brillliance cruise last week the area was closed a couple of times due to the strong winds we had. Lots of sea sick passengers. :(

Questions are :

The food was very good in the MDR...just okay in the windjammer

Yes...i used the gym 8 out of 10 days..very well equipped and rarely crowded

How are the main shows

Not so great

TIA for your replies ;)

Just got off the SOS less than a week ago. I will have a youtube video up in a day or so. Lots of food pics, ship pics, shore pics..i will keep you posted!

Edited by existentialtraveler

Hi There, How did you get your post to go directly to the Serenade of the Seas? When I post on the Royal Caribbean Internal Forum it will only stay on that main page. I tried putting the "Serenade of the Seas" in the title thinking that would link it to Serenade of the Seas but it didn't. There was no spot that I could see when I made my thread to put it in a specific spot and there's no button that says "New Thread" under Serenades of the Seas. Can anyone please help me.

Hi There, How did you get your post to go directly to the Serenade of the Seas? When I post on the Royal Caribbean Internal Forum it will only stay on that main page. I tried putting the "Serenade of the Seas" in the title thinking that would link it to Serenade of the Seas but it didn't. There was no spot that I could see when I made my thread to put it in a specific spot and there's no button that says "New Thread" under Serenades of the Seas. Can anyone please help me.

There is no Serenade of the Seas forum. Those links at the top of the page are shortcuts for searches in the main forum for anything to do with certain ships. After the indexes are updated in an hour or so, your post about Serenade shoud should show up in the serarch.

Questions are :

How are the main shows

TIA for your replies ;)

This youtube video might help. Play on highest HD resolution with your sound turned way up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isgTogzFw4g&feature=youtu.be