No more production shows?

MLinFL

We were on Silhouette for the 1/10 sailing. One night the orchestra did a big band set in Ensemble Lounge, and when I asked, was told that the new cast had arrived that day and that the new shows were being set up for the next 2 weeks!

By the way, so glad that Sirens on Summit is going!

This is correct. We were on the 1/3 sailing and the current cast was just ending their contract and left during the cruise. We were told there would be no shows for the next two weeks while the new cast was getting the new shows ready.

Mike

We were on this cruise, too, and really enjoyed the entertainers, which we shared with the Eclipse. We met Eclipse in port twice and the entertainers switched ships. We had two excellent comedians, Hard Days Night (excellent), Tenors of Rock (they were okay) and a singer/comedienne Jane Curry, who was superb. There was a juggler which we skipped - not our thing. We prefer this variety of entertainment to the productions shows.

I am confused by the conflicting posts on this thread regarding the acrobatic and aerialist elements in the shows. Are they gone or not?

There were those elements as part of Elyria and they were done quite well. But no longer a sep show called "Equinox the Show"...which was part of a series of shows introduced after X ended the partnersip with Cirque.

I don't argree the opinions are age based...everyone was hoping for something fresh for X...unfortunatey the two performances we saw were just not great.. upgraded cast needed better material

Maybe we'll like some of the others....

We were on the Silhouette the last two weeks. Loved the new shows. Tenors of Rock on week two with a Mowtown tribute in week one. The only time I saw the usual Silhouette dancers was at the evening open deck or Sky Lounge performances. The theatre performances were all comedians, Beatles tribute band, et cetera. Quite a change that we GREATLY enjoyed. We also noticed more live music that wasn't from the 50's or earlier. A very welcome change. We had a great time!

There were those elements as part of Elyria and they were done quite well. But no longer a sep show called "Equinox the Show"...which was part of a series of shows introduced after X ended the partnersip with Cirque.

I don't argree the opinions are age based...everyone was hoping for something fresh for X...unfortunatey the two performances we saw were just not great.. upgraded cast needed better material

Maybe we'll like some of the others....

We've sailed X for many years and seen many X shows; almost all in the last 5 years have included Circ style acrobat, which seem the same and become boring after 5 minutes. Hopefully they'll return to Broadway type theatre/song/dance which keeps the audience wondering what will come next- not another twirl on a rope. JMHO....and I'm biased; my DD was a professional dancer/actress and sometimes worked on cruise ships.

The new shows aren't great, but they are something to do in the evening. They aren't even off Broadway quality....well maybe not even local theater quality but they have nice costumes, bright lights, glitter and some level of talent. You kind of get what celebrity is willing to pay for.....

If you have nothing better to do, then go. If you decide to do something else, you didn't miss the show of the century.

My wife and I are not likely to repeat all the new production shows. The Topper one was really slow starting, but was pretty good the last third. The Chandler was just bizarre to us and we will never see it again. We might watch the Rock one again, but I wish it had more songs that we knew. I wonder "what they were thinking" with the shows. I am not sure it is a matter of cost. Perhaps a much younger target market?

The guest entertainers were very good IMO. The Billy Joel tribute performance and the Hard Day's night were outstanding in our opinion.

I am confused by the conflicting posts on this thread regarding the acrobatic and aerialist elements in the shows. Are they gone or not?

They are not. Previously there were those elements in two of the three shows and now there are elements in all three of the production shows.