What happened?

SubbyWife

I booked our Alaska cruise quite awhile ago under a special Princess was running with free gratuities and $50 OBC per passenger (inside cabin). Under the booking it had always shown the gratuities having been prepaid and the OBC. But I just looked today and both were gone. What happened? Is it something with their website or did they take it away from us?

If I were you, I would phone them and ask.

Unfortunately, my little ones are being pretty rambunctious and loud right now, so phone calls have to wait for nap time. I thought I'd ask on here in the mean time. :)

Unless you have done something to change your booking. Have you??

The only thing I've done is have them apply my husband's military OBC. That OBC shows up, but not the special offer OBC I booked under.

The only thing I've done is have them apply my husband's military OBC. That OBC shows up, but not the special offer OBC I booked under.

That may be the problem! They likely feel you can have one and not both! Better call...

That may be the problem! They likely feel you can have one and not both! Better call...

Oh. I was under the impression that the military OBC would be applied on top of any special offers you had. If that's the case, I'd rather keep the prepaid gratuities and $50/person OBC I booked with. That's a better deal for us than just the $100 obc. Would they fix that for me and give me the special offer back? Or will Princess just tell me, sorry, you already changed it? (This is our first cruise, so I have no idea how any cruise lines normal protocol).

Oh. I was under the impression that the military OBC would be applied on top of any special offers you had. If that's the case, I'd rather keep the prepaid gratuities and $50/person OBC I booked with. That's a better deal for us than just the $100 obc. Would they fix that for me and give me the special offer back? Or will Princess just tell me, sorry, you already changed it? (This is our first cruise, so I have no idea how any cruise lines normal protocol).

The military obc has nothing to do with anything else and is added to everything else. It will not be taken away.

You should call...but the website has been undergoing some changes lately, so it is likely a technical problem only. But get it resolved, then print out a copy of the webpage showing your credit when it gets fixed. Take that with you in case of future technical issues onboard.

They actually have a better promo going on right now for Alaska sailings -- well, quite a number of them -- so definitely call to see if this might apply to the one you've booked. It is the Twice as Nice sail but now comes with free gratuities as well. Some of the prices have gone down so if on yours, you will get free gratuities, more onboard credit and possibly, that lower pricing?? We ended up saving over $700 on our 2 cabins -- previously booked under the 3 for free. We did lose the specialty dinner but so far ahead in the long run.

Also, I have read that others have lost their perks when they apply for the military benefit. Sounded like it was an IT glitch ... so you just need to call them or your travel agent to make sure everything is restored.

Good luck with the better pricing. I read that the special is only good for about another week ... so not too much of a delay in getting this looked at. If it doesn't work out for the better, you can always just tell them to keep it as is.

Their web site probably isn't the worst in the cruise industry, but it's up there, as others have said call.

And yes Princess stack OBC so you can have multiple sources that wouldn't cost you the promo OBC but it may cause a problem with their stupid computer system.

Go under your cruise personalizer and look for the Boarding Passes & Docs button on the top right. Click that and then look for your Travel Summary (it's under travel documents). Print your travel summary. It should show any OBC on the last page, and complimentary gratuities would show under Special Requests on page 2. Your husband's military OBC is definitely combinable with any other OBC and would show with other OBC on the last page. The current Bonus Offer on Alaska cruises (good thru 2/16) that offers bonus gratuities does not apply to interior cabins.

Someone else reported they lost their deal when they applied their shareholder credit. So definitely something going on with Princess at the moment.

Yes, that was my DW. When she applied for her shareholder credit, she somehow lost her AIBP gift from Princess. This was after final payment and there were no changes whatsoever to the booking. We have letters into Princess about this. Finally got a call a few days ago saying that they are four weeks behind in handling complaints. Not very good customer service IMO.

Bill

I booked our Alaska cruise quite awhile ago under a special Princess was running with free gratuities and $50 OBC per passenger (inside cabin). Under the booking it had always shown the gratuities having been prepaid and the OBC. But I just looked today and both were gone. What happened? Is it something with their website or did they take it away from us?

I think it's probably the website issues. We pre-paid our gratuities back on min-October, and they shortly showed up as paid in the Personalizer. Then, about 2 weeks ago or so the pre-paid gratuities bar would not open to show them as paid. Also, in the Travel Summary, the notice of the the pre-paid gratuities disappeared.

Just this week the gratuities pre-payment again showed in the Personalizer and the Travel Summary. Hopefully, yours should come back soon also, but if it doesn't, do as the others say and call Princess (or your TA).