Changes to Crown & Anchor

What will be the changes to the Crown & Anchor Loyalty program once all the ships have a Concierge and Diamond + lounge?

No official annoucements from the cruise line with regard to any changes to C&A.

There will be a Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge; not a Diamond Plus Lounge and Concierge Lounge

So those of us that have stayed loyal to RCI and finally attained our D+ status are being downgraded.....nice :mad:

So those of us that have stayed loyal to RCI and finally attained our D+ status are being downgraded.....nice :mad:

Just curious as to why people think of it this way? I've been in both and see nothing different from one to the other. Each time they have offered the exact same service as far as I could tell, what am I missing that is different?

Just curious as to why people think of it this way? I've been in both and see nothing different from one to the other. Each time they have offered the exact same service as far as I could tell, what am I missing that is different?

Technically speaking, you at least lose access to one of the onboard Concierge's.

Diamond Plus Lounge???

What's that?

In essence, the Concierge Lounge is the Diamond Plus Lounge.

I was referring to the terminology OP used. There has not been and there is not currently anything called Diamond Plus lounge. On ships where the Concierge Lounge exists, yes, it is in essence, as you say, a D Plus lounge (and suites).

But just trying to clarify terminology to latest versions, which recently with large ship revitalizations and new mega-ships is a phase out of Concierge Lounge in favor of Suites Lounge.

Hmmm. I get how that could bother some. Like I said, not a big deal to me, personally.

While I don't ever feel the special coddling that my Pinnacle friends get, I generally feel like being D+ still gets me really good treatment.

I think the change is primarily so that suite guests have access to the features / amenities advertised to them. I don't really see it as a move against Diamond Plus, though if you compare tit for tat there is some reduction.

Right. But are they excluding D+ from these new "Suites" lounges?...

Yes on Oasis and Allure. No (so far) on Liberty, but Liberty is still on her first revenue cruise since the Suite Lounge was installed.

Well, for one thing, the Concierge Clubs appear to be going away...

concierge clubs are not going away they are changing access for Suite guest and Pinnacle members only - - right now you can enter as diamond plus and suite guests but i hear that is changing

The day I became Diamond was the announcement about Diamonds being excluded from the Concierge Lounge. March 2009

I become D+ at the end of October so if S*d's Law can strike twice then I'd expect some sort of change around then!!! [emoji848][emoji36]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain