Transportation recommendations from Miami Airport

Amanda/Tom

NCL provides a motor coach transfer from the airport baggage claim areas to the port building that you check-in at.

Current transfer rate is - $16.00 pp

Pick-up time is sufficient to arrive at the port for check-in at 11:00am

May be more than one bus with variable times depending on number of requests.

Could not be simpler - the economics are up to you.

Flat rate taxi for any number of occupants

Shuttle with a rate pp ??

For brute force raw economics stay at a discount hotel with free shuttle airport

transfers to and from and use the NCL shuttle.

Alternate solution noted above stay at La Quinta and contract for shuttle to the

port (free or ?).

We always book the NCL transfer. Super easy and you don't have to sit in the back of a potentially nasty cab. The only downfall is if you are overnighting in Miami, you've got to go to the airport in the morning for the transfer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Actually we are flying into Miami the night before our cruise, and traveling with a party of 4, staying in a hotel close to the port, then need transportation from hotel to port, and then returning from the port to the airport, just want a smooth transport, wasnt sure if I needed to do this ahead of time. How do you get in contact with an Uber? I think we would need a van with 4 people and luggage

Any recommendations for a transportation company that would pick us up at the Miami Intl Airport, to the NCL port? I have already called Jiffy Jeff for a quote. Thanks

We normally use car services but this is one place that it is not worth it. You have some unique situations based on your second post. After the cruise definitely take a cab back to the airport. There will be plenty of mini-van cabs available.

Pre cruise is where you might have issues because you are asking about two different trips. The first to the hotel and the second to the port. Getting a cab that is large enough from teh airport to the hotel should not be an issue, the cab stand manager will make sure that the cab is large enough to accommodate you. The next morning I would suggest an Uber Black car. To use Uber download the Uber app to your phone and create an account. From that point on you use your phone to request a car and it appears in a few minutes. Uber is a cashless system, and bills the CC (or paypal) that you specify when you create you account. You can give the driver a tip, though they are not supposed to take it.

Edited by zqvol

Thanks for the replies. Actually we are flying into Miami the night before our cruise, and traveling with a party of 4, staying in a hotel close to the port, then need transportation from hotel to port, and then returning from the port to the airport, just want a smooth transport, wasnt sure if I needed to do this ahead of time. How do you get in contact with an Uber? I think we would need a van with 4 people and luggage

Uber is very simple. Download the Uber app onto your phone, enter your credit card number and a promo code. Your first ride will be discounted by $15. The app walks you through selecting a vehicle. With 4 people and luggage you would probably want to request an Uber XL by sliding the car over at the bottom. Will be a little more expensive but is generally an SUV.