Sydney hotel help for early flights out?

Hi all, wanting advice if I'd be better booking our last night in Sydney in a hotel close to the airport and catching a cab, or just catching the train from Central Station and not having to worry about extra transport from the hotel to airport? Flights are looking at being around 6am, and I want the least amount of stress getting there as possible.

We'll be staying in the CBD/World Square area for a few days after our cruise so will already be settled in a hotel but I don't mind moving for one night if it's going to save a significant amount of time/stress.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Personally, if your flight isn't to early I'd rather stay in the city, or even half way, and get the train in the morning, I find all the hotels I've stayed with near the airport subject to too much flight noise.

At that time of the morning a taxi from World Square to the domestic terminal will be quick and hassle-free. Probably easier than trying to catch a train with baggage. Just check with the hotel reception the night before to see if you need to order the taxi. They will also recommend a pick-up time.

Stay in the city and take the train to the airport....so easy and much nicer choice of hotels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree totally, unless there flight is really early.

More o do the evening before too.

At that time of the morning a taxi from World Square to the domestic terminal will be quick and hassle-free. Probably easier than trying to catch a train with baggage. Just check with the hotel reception the night before to see if you need to order the taxi. They will also recommend a pick-up time.

A couple of good choices at World Square too.

And a short walk to China Town for din dins, or a pie at Harry's.

Can't think of anywhere nearby that does a good pav though.

Edited by GUT2407

If your departure is at 0600, you will need to be at the terminal about 1 hour before departure if you are traveling with checked bags. Staying closer to the terminal could mean more time in bed, less travel on day of departure with a short shuttle or taxi ride to the terminal.

My choice is to stay near the Airport. ;)

Your decision. :)

If your departure is at 0600, you will need to be at the terminal about 1 hour before departure if you are traveling with checked bags. Staying closer to the terminal could mean more time in bed, less travel on day of departure with a short shuttle or taxi ride to the terminal.

My choice is to stay near the Airport. ;)

Your decision. :)

As By the Bay says. OP has a 6AM flight. I would not want to be walking the streets of Sydney at 4.30am getting to a train station. Take a 20 minute taxi ride. You wont save much getting a airport hotel as the hotel shuttle will do multiple pickups. I weather is ok, you could walk from the Stamford (15 mins).

Need to allow plenty time as 6am can be busy at domestic.

I would forget the train at that hour and if it were me I would stay in the same hotel (less stress moving ) and catch a cab

I would not risk long lines at the airport at 6am and make sure I got there very early like 4.30ish

I would forget the train at that hour and if it were me I would stay in the same hotel (less stress moving ) and catch a cab

I would not risk long lines at the airport at 6am and make sure I got there very early like 4.30ish

I think this will be our plan. Means we can enjoy our last night more, and not have to find somewhere to store luggage.

Still hoping for an 8:30am or later flight on sale instead of 6:30 though [emoji6]

But in spite of what the "Purists" say like ice cream with mine.

I make Eton mess rather than pav when people aren't looking...meringue/pav, vanilla icecream instead of cream, berries macerated with quality vanilla, and passion fruit all muddled together. Definitely not purist.

I make Eton mess rather than pav when people aren't looking...meringue/pav, vanilla icecream instead of cream, berries macerated with quality vanilla, and passion fruit all muddled together. Definitely not purist.

Mmmmmmmm Hmmmmm:D:D:D:p

Coming down from Lake Macquarie, we often use a hotel when flying out of Sydney. The two we have used are the Quality Hotel Sydney Airport and, in the same street, the Mercure Sydney International. Both are at Wolli Creek. They use the same shuttle bus (small fee) for drop offs at International or Domestic terminal which are only 5-10 minutes away.

We manage to get o/nite rates of about $160 a double. Sometimes , if there's a big event on in Sydney, the price can be more.

I would stay in the city and get a taxi. Airport hotels can be more expensive too (although more so at the International terminal) so I would rather spend that money on a taxi and have somewhere to go to dinner etc the night before which is more difficult at the airport. Then on the morning the taxi is dropping you at the door and as others have said the traffic will be light that time of morning so more pleasant than a shuttle or walk with luggage.