which night for specialty dining

scoob

We are probably in the minority but we would choose Sabatini's. Many like the Steakhouse but I can do a better steak at home. Also in the minority, we would choose either formal night since we don't do formal. Some say the menu's are better in the MDR on formal nights because they have lobster. Others say they get a better lobster at Red Lobster.

I think it's really hard for someone else to answer this question for you, as only you know what menu items appeal or don't appeal to you. But, since you asked . . . !

The two nights I'd never miss are Italian night and the night with the Twice-Baked Goat Cheese Souffle (I think it's called "Chef's Dinner" or something like that). I can take or leave the last night (mostly leave, although I do like the pasta with clam sauce), and I'm not a fan of the first night's menu at all. So, I'd skip night #1 as my first choice and the last night as my second choice. Every other menu has at least one thing on it that I'd hate to miss.

When we were on the CP in December and the EP about a year ago, and we only dined at the SP restaurants. We alternated every other night between the two. We enjoyed both very much and it is difficult to pick which one was our favorite. If I was forced to pick, I would go with Sabatinis. Their menu is very different than any Italian restaurant that we have ever been to; no spaghetti and meat balls, etc., in sight.

You cannot go wrong with either one.

I think it's really hard for someone else to answer this question for you, as only you know what menu items appeal or don't appeal to you. But, since you asked . . . !

The two nights I'd never miss are Italian night and the night with the Twice-Baked Goat Cheese Souffle (I think it's called "Chef's Dinner" or something like that). I can take or leave the last night (mostly leave, although I do like the pasta with clam sauce), and I'm not a fan of the first night's menu at all. So, I'd skip night #1 as my first choice and the last night as my second choice. Every other menu has at least one thing on it that I'd hate to miss.

Excellent point!!!!!!!!!!

As 'rdsqrl' posted we don't know which type of food appeals to you so maybe try both or look at their menus on the Princess website.

If choosing just one of them, we go to the Crown Grill which has more things we like. We also enjoy most of the Sabatini's menu although we find their main entrée options somewhat disappointing & just okay. Taste is very subjective and not everyone will feel the same way.

We're not big fans of the first & last night menus so will sometimes go to a specialty restaurant on those nights. We've also enjoyed having an early dinner in a specialty restaurant on the final night of a cruise before disembarking the ship. When not bringing formalwear we might go to a specialty restaurant which is always smart casual clothing.

We would like to pick one night for specialty dining. If you were going to choose one night to pass on the main dining room, which would you pick?

Also would you pick Sabatinis or the steak house?

Which night depends on the cruise... menu sequences can change. I recommend the Steak House, the Crown Grill, but it really depends on how much you like Italian food. :)

Most interesting comments. To each his/her own.

For me...My least favorite night in the MDR is the last night. It is "American" with Turkey, Meatloaf, a fairly decent Peppercone Steak, Baked Alaska, etc.

BUT...I do not ever skip this night because I enjoy being with my wait staff on this last night (and for other obvious reasons).

Given the two specialty restaurants, I love the Crown Grill and the old menu for Sabatini's. Not so crazy about the new menu. Or if you are "lucky", there will be Share instead.

When we were on the CP in December and the EP about a year ago, and we only dined at the SP restaurants. We alternated every other night between the two. We enjoyed both very much and it is difficult to pick which one was our favorite. If I was forced to pick, I would go with Sabatinis. Their menu is very different than any Italian restaurant that we have ever been to; no spaghetti and meat balls, etc., in sight.

You cannot go wrong with either one.

That's because Sabatini's has Northern Italian food which is quite different from the food we think of as traditional Italian food from southern Italy.

We go to both but, if we could only go to one, it would be Sabatini's because we can get good steak at home. :)

That's because Sabatini's has Northern Italian food which is quite different from the food we think of as traditional Italian food from southern Italy.

We go to both but, if we could only go to one, it would be Sabatini's because we can get good steak at home. :)

A lot of seafood at Sabatini's as well. BTW, the steak there is also good.

We dine in both Crown Grill and Sabatinis. Sabatinis has a great steak and lobster,if one likes Italian and the other wants a steak, its not on the menu but they will make it for you. I could care less about eating in the main dinning room. My opinion of the food there is not very high. More times its not very good. I have never been able to call it great. The buffet is worse. We will do the UBD, usually chefs table and a couple nights at least at a specialty restaurant. We only eat couple nights in the MDR.

We booked Emerald and as part of our package we get one speciality dinner per person. But, it has to be on day 1. Which dining venue would you guys recommend. We have never sailed Peincess and Emerald. Thanks

We dine in both Crown Grill and Sabatinis. Sabatinis has a great steak and lobster,if one likes Italian and the other wants a steak, its not on the menu but they will make it for you. I could care less about eating in the main dinning room. My opinion of the food there is not very high. More times its not very good. I have never been able to call it great. The buffet is worse. We will do the UBD, usually chefs table and a couple nights at least at a specialty restaurant. We only eat couple nights in the MDR.

We've dined in Sabatini's three times. There was always a steak on the menu. The menu on the website also shows a 10 oz strip steak.