Just off the Eclipse...a few tid-bits

Lil Pups

Hi all, just off this beautiful ship and wanted to share a few things. To begin with we had an amazing and most enjoyable cruise. We have over 50 cruises under our belts and this was by far one of the best. Now, in my opinion food was better than good, service was impeccable, the staff and crew could not have been more gracious, friendly, and helpful. Entertainment was a little lacking and the only negative I can say about our experience. For all of you who have hit the submit button to get your luggage tags (like me) numerous times and received nothing no worries. I never printed them out and when we got to port, from the time I said to one of the many porters there "I need luggage tags" to the time they were attached to our baggage was about 10 seconds. Again, great cruise and would do it again in a minute. Many people on board booked the same cruise for next year and even 2018. Happy cruising!

Hi all, just off this beautiful ship and wanted to share a few things. To begin with we had an amazing and most enjoyable cruise. We have over 50 cruises under our belts and this was by far one of the best. Now, in my opinion food was better than good, service was impeccable, the staff and crew could not have been more gracious, friendly, and helpful. Entertainment was a little lacking and the only negative I can say about our experience. For all of you who have hit the submit button to get your luggage tags (like me) numerous times and received nothing no worries. I never printed them out and when we got to port, from the time I said to one of the many porters there "I need luggage tags" to the time they were attached to our baggage was about 10 seconds. Again, great cruise and would do it again in a minute. Many people on board booked the same cruise for next year and even 2018. Happy cruising!

Thanks for sharing your Cruise. Looking forward to our 3 April Cruise on the Eclipse.

We too just got off the February 7, 2016 Eclipse sailing. Loved it! We started cruising back in 1998 and loved Celebrity but we switched to Royal Caribbean a few years ago just for a change. While we enjoyed RC, we both were wowed with Celebrity this time around. This was our first time time on a Soltice class ship and we loved everything about it. The ship was beautiful, food was very good, and the passengers were delightful! We've already booked this cruise again for next year.

The only minor complaint was the cruise director - she lacked enthusiasm and was rarely seen. The rest of the staff was top notch!

Great review. We've taken that cruise on Eclipse 2 times and have a third booked. I thought the three new shows were *interesting*.

To answer where people came from -- we've noticed in the colder northern hemisphere months that a LOT of people come from Canada and from the northeast part of the US. Snow birds?? We like to travel then, too, but we aren't escaping snow, obviously.

Lil Pups (adorable name, by the way), I'm so happy you enjoyed Eclipse. We have sailed on Eclipse over Easter for the last four years and will again this year too. So, needless to say, we really like the ship. It makes me happy when others like that cruise too. For us it is just such a relaxing cruise.

This year there will be a new cruise director. It seems that some passengers have been disappointed. We had Sue Denning every time before. I suppose almost anyone would seem low energy beside her.

I broke one of my fingers this weekend and hopefully will be out of the splint by the cruise, but even if it hasn't healed by then, I am still really looking to our new tradition...Easter on the elegant Eclipse.

Many thanks, Lil Pups, for posting your cheerful, positive comments about your cruise on Eclipse.

This was our first cruise with Celebrity and boy they did not disappoint. We had a wonderful time. Actually one of the best cruises we have ever had. Enjoyed so much we booked another cruise to NZ in 2018! Loved the shows, the staff, and hanging out at the sunset bar! Stop by and say hi to Nigel for me!

Wow! Thanks for such a positive review. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity and we too leave on the 20, Mar. So looking forward to it! We have been to all the ports before but just not altogether!!

My wife and I will be on the cruise also. Great Martini Bar and the bartenders get to know me quickly!

Hi Lil Pups,

Thanks for your review. We're sailing on Eclipse again in about 6 weeks, and we're counting the days.

To those commenting on the Cruise Director, I believe she was a temporary fill in. The currently scheduled Cruise Director Damian had to leave the ship for a bit, but he's reportedly back onboard now.

Edited by Host Andy

One other tid-bit I forgot to mention. Attire in the dining room. I would say 90% of the gentlemen wore lovely silk shirts, button downs, and even smart looking tee shirts with dockers and khaki slacks. I saw very few jackets and ties. They all looked quite dapper as well as the ladies. Very few tuxedos on "chic" nights, some suits and ties, but the majority wore pretty much the same as they had been wearing. I also agree that the cruise director Jane was definitely lacking, but certainly not enough to hamper the wonderful cruise we had. Enjoy your cruising

Glad to hear you had a great cruise OP .

You posted "Very few tuxedos on "chic" nights, some suits and ties, but the majority wore pretty much the same as they had been wearing."

By this comment it seems that men have moved to more casual wear . Is this the case ?

We also love this itinerary and do it once a year. On one of those cruises we did not even bother to get off the ship in 8 of the 9 ports! As nice as the ship is when full of passengers, it is heaven during port days.

Hank

We also love this itinerary and do it once a year. On one of those cruises we did not even bother to get off the ship in 8 of the 9 ports! As nice as the ship is when full of passengers, it is heaven during port days.

Hank

That's what we do also Hank, but it's more due to Mom's age and her using a mobility scooter. We love the ship on Port days !

My wife and I will be on the cruise also. Great Martini Bar and the bartenders get to know me quickly!

That's great!! Guess we will be hanging with you....lol 😜

Just a question, we have the Classic beverage pkg, can I still get martinis? Been reading mixed reviews on it.

Such a positive and refreshing review. We have done the 14 night Eclipse three times and were nervous about trying something a bit different with Equinox this year. The great news is Equinox was also fabulous...and the food in Blu rivaled Eclipse in every respect. For all the negativity we get on these boards at times, I can second the notion that X has it right with both these ships during Caribbean season.

we also recently had a 14 night on eclipse. overall we had a great cruise, food superb best ever qsine, superb murano. dreadful tuscan but that was only 1 night . fantastic bar & waiting staff. We are booked for same cruise 2017 & 2018 [emoji41]