Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

Ugh!!! I'm not happy about that!!!

Because I dint feel the same way. Good Captains sail in a different direction, not directly into a situation like that. I'm not going to get into battles over this as some do on here but I do not feel comfortable that he will be at the helm on my cruise. Nothing you can say to me or none of the typical insults that I have seen thrown at others that feel this way will change my mind about that. As far as I'm concerned he put thousands of people in harms way and is not a hero.

Well your opinion is yours to have but you are definitely in the minority concerning Capt. Klaus abilities and I very pleased that he, as a very capable and proven master, will be in charge of the cruise we're both on. As others have mentioned quite a few times in the different threads covering the Anthem storm encounter that decision wasn't made by Capt. Klaus only. I'm certain RCI HO had the greatest part in the decision to sail that itinerary as scheduled.

I doubt we'll see you at the M&M get together party or even interact at all with any of us as the only contribution you have had on our roll call is the one post asking what another member paid for an upgrade to a suite.

It's a real shame you can't cancel without a financial lost.

PS- by the way please tell us where else could he have sailed to as shown by the satellite shot below of that storm ? I certainly would not want to go north east to Canada and even then our Maritimes provinces got hit by the same storm a few days later. I guess the only real option for you would have been if RCI had cancelled that sailing

AnthemStorm09_zps0fjoyecm.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Anybody but me think that we are talking to a new named person that we talked to last month?:D

JC

Yep, I sort of sensed that.

The thought crossed my mind.

But didn't that person brag about how she got a free upgrade from RCI to a suite, a GS if I recall correctly, from a regular balcony cabin before she started her rant about RCI and Capt. Klaus. Their TA, who was a friend, got this because it was a significant anniversary for her.

On Feb. 22nd Lady Luck T posted the following in her one post on our roll call in a response to the post above her quoted post below.

Maybe that was all a diversion on our roll call. :confused: :D

We decided to upgrade and went for the JS guarantee. Was nervous we would get a spa suite but lucked out and got a JS with the huge balcony corner mid ship, doing the happy dance!

Did you get your upgrade for a reasonable price? I've been thinking about inquiring.
Edited by robtulipe

Well your opinion is yours to have but you are definitely in the minority concerning Capt. Klaus abilities and I very pleased that he, as a very capable and proven master, will be in charge of the cruise we're both on.

It's Captain Claus with a C and not a K.:D

The ship returned to New Jersey today. According to what I heard on NECN, NORO virus was not the reason for the return. Many passengers were upset about having their hard-earned vacations cut short.

i was on the ship, and really everyone i talked to were disappointed but not enraged. we would much rather be safe. crowd was understanding

You are 100% correct!! We ARE looking forward to a great cruise, even leaving from Bayonne in winter. This port is just two hours up 1-95 for us, very convenient.

While you all are haggling, we will be disinfecting our insides with the drink package!! Tell you all about it when we get home:D

Love it! :)

But didn't that person brag about how she got a free upgrade from RCI to a suite, a GS if I recall correctly, from a regular balcony cabin before she started her rant about RCI and Capt. Klaus. Their TA, who was a friend, got this because it was a significant anniversary for her.

On Feb. 22nd Lady Luck T posted the following in her one post on our roll call in a response to the post above her quoted post below.

That could have been a ruse. She got ripped pretty good before that for claiming her and poor hubby would be sharing a drink package.

Edited by Big_G

It's Captain Claus with a C and not a K.:D

Our next door neighbor with the same name spells it with a K so that's what I'm use to. He is from Germany originally, not Norway, so I'm guessing that why the spelling is different. :D

Robtulipe has The other person posted recently?

JC

No, she has not posted since mid January.

Below is what she posted then, another rant.

By the way she never introduced herself and her DH nor gave any information about themselves other than to say they were celebrating their 25th and were from NJ. She did three other posts in addition to the two posts below.

Do you have to be somebody special to join a roll call? I joined this one a while back and we were never added to the list. Kinda feeling like the red headed step child. Oh well, I guess I don't really need to be part of the group. I thought it would be sharing of "cruise stuff/info" and that is not what it seems to be anyhow. Just wondering.

Hmmm... I see, I just see others posting that they are going the same way that I did and then getting "Welcome" responses and added to the "list", so it made me wonder if it is some kind of exclusive board. I don't even know what a Meet and Mingle is, funny that you assume that everyone does. I haven't cruised or been on this board for quite a few years. I don't know who ParrotPlay is either. I also don't know from e-mails. I just saw a roll call group for my cruise and thought it would be fun to get on and chat with and get ideas from others going on the same trip. Oops, My bad!!!
Edited by robtulipe

Anybody but me think that we are talking to a new named person that we talked to last month?:D

JC

???.. Is that comment pointed at me? I don't know if it is or what you are referring to but I will say that we don't have to have the same opinions to post on this board. This captain is not one that I'm looking forward to having in charge on our cruise. Period... Ended. If u don't feel the same that is your opinion.

Why are you stalking my posts? What is the problem? ... And you don't know what you are talking about. I don't have a suite. Very weird!

Edited by Lady Luck T

???.. Is that comment pointed at me? I don't know if it is or what you are referring to but I will say that we don't have to have the same opinions to post on this board. This captain is not one that I'm looking forward to having in charge on our cruise. Period... Ended. If u don't feel the same that is your opinion.

Verbiage is remarkably similar. ;)

I think the media was a little disappointed this morning. The people interviewed as they got off the Anthem had nothing but praise for RCI and the Anthem. One lady said "We missed a couple of ports but had a wonderful cruise". Another lady said "GO ANTHEM". Not one person had anything negative to say.

They didn't get the low down that they were looking for.

No, she has not posted since mid January.

Below is what she posted then, another rant.

By the way she never introduced herself and her DH nor gave any information about themselves other than to say they were celebrating their 25th and were from NJ. She did three other posts in addition to the two posts below.

While they haven't posted to the rollcall since January, they have more than 100 posts in February and logged into their account yesterday.

Very, very happy to hear that Claus Andersen is coming back to Anthem. Despite what a few of ignorant thinking say, he is a true master mariner!

I also am very happy to hear he is returning to the Anthem - I was on the February 6th cruise and think he did an excellent job during the storm.

I think the media was a little disappointed this morning. The people interviewed as they got off the Anthem had nothing but praise for RCI and the Anthem. One lady said "We missed a couple of ports but had a wonderful cruise". Another lady said "GO ANTHEM". Not one person had anything negative to say.

They didn't get the low down that they were looking for.

Oh, there were some upset with what they felt was dishonesty by RCCL (it was Norovirus, not "weather" that brought ship back was speculation by passengers)

http://pix11.com/2016/03/02/anthem-of-the-seas-turned-back-again-but-this-time-passengers-say-it-wasnt-the-weather/

And this couple was understandably upset that their honeymoon didn't go as planned despite that a norovirus isn't RCCL fault.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/03/a_honeymoon_can_never_be_replaced_man_shares_story.html

Edited by KevinKruzer

Our next door neighbor with the same name spells it with a K so that's what I'm use to. He is from Germany originally, not Norway, so I'm guessing that why the spelling is different.

No problem. I wish you a wonderful cruise with calm seas and blue skies.

Edited by cruisenfever

Oh, there were some upset with what they felt was dishonesty by RCCL (it was Norovirus, not "weather" that brought ship back was speculation by passengers)

http://pix11.com/2016/03/02/anthem-of-the-seas-turned-back-again-but-this-time-passengers-say-it-wasnt-the-weather/

And this couple was understandably upset that their honeymoon didn't go as planned despite that a norovirus isn't RCCL fault.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/03/a_honeymoon_can_never_be_replaced_man_shares_story.html

So because one passenger says that the trip was cut short due to noro that makes it true.And because cleaning and other precautions are put in place that means RCCL is not being honest. Give me a break. It was cut short due to a potential weather situation, not due to noro. People working on the ship confirm this. Noro is horrible if you get it but this was not a major outbreak. I was on the Explorer when it had a major out break and returned early several years ago. On that ship there were 600-800 people infected as opposed to about 125 on Anthem.. Forgive me for not remembering the exact number. on my cruise anymore. I had noro on that cruise, we came back early and I missed ports I could have enjoyed once I recovered but that is life. I still cruise.

So because one passenger says that the trip was cut short due to noro that makes it true.And because cleaning and other precautions are put in place that means RCCL is not being honest. Give me a break. It was cut short due to a potential weather situation, not due to noro. People working on the ship confirm this. Noro is horrible if you get it but this was not a major outbreak. I was on the Explorer when it had a major out break and returned early several years ago. On that ship there were 600-800 people infected as opposed to about 125 on Anthem.. Forgive me for not remembering the exact number. on my cruise anymore. I had noro on that cruise, we came back early and I missed ports I could have enjoyed once I recovered but that is life. I still cruise.

If the only reason for cutting the cruise short was weather people would not have had to disembark two days early; they could have stayed onboard.

If the only reason for cutting the cruise short was weather people would not have had to disembark two days early; they could have stayed onboard.

Since they were back early they are cleaning for noro now. This is not why they came back. When a cruise comes back on time with noro they delay boarding .

I cannot believe I did not resist the urge to finally post to interject the facts. Will not happen again. I guess the saying do not confuse anyone with the facts is true. People will believe whatever fits their agenda or mindset.

Since they were back early they are cleaning for noro now. This is not why they came back. When a cruise comes back on time with noro they delay boarding .

I cannot believe I did not resist the urge to finally post to interject the facts. Will not happen again. I guess the saying do not confuse anyone with the facts is true. People will believe whatever fits their agenda or mindset.

I said if weather was the ONLY reason for coming back early they would not have made anyone disembark before the original cruise end date.

My suggestion; read more closely and THINK before you respond, or stick with your gut and say nothing at all. Your failure to comprehend a simple statement doesn't mean I have an agenda. :rolleyes: