Longest consecutive sea days

Tee & Chilli

Just 7 straight days, and wished we had more sea days.

Same for us and the same reaction. 7 days from Harwich, UK to Boston, MA on Brilliance of the Seas in 2002, no ports of call and it was terrific. :) Clo was our CD and she did a fabulous job including holdin a very moving commemorative ceremony on the first anniversary of 9/11.

I generally love a bunch of sea days, but there was 1 cruise where it was just about too much - '14 Serenade TA Barcelona to New Orleans:

Barcelona

2 ports

1 sea day

1 port

6 sea days

1 port

4 sea days

New Orleans

That's 11 sea days out of 16. Surprised the DL & CL didn't run short of booze.

We're the same way. I'm so glad that we'll be away from all of it for three weeks!

We watched some news on the stateroom TV on our Brilliance TA in May (terrible weather), and were amused to hear some of the European's views of things that happen here!

Beth

We were on that cruise too and the weather before we got to Ireland was just wild!! I agree it sure was interesting to hear the European views of what was happening in North America!! lol

42 day cargo ship voyage, NYC to Sydney. After leaving Panama to cross the Pacific, we did not have another port til we got to Australia, so probably about 30 days. Three good meals a day, no snack bar. No entertainment except for the library and some open decks. We loved every minute.

UK- Caribbean- UK, 18 sea days and 10 ports...the longest stretch being Madeira to Barbados, 6 days, but because someone needed treatment, the ship speeded up and we arrived in Barbados a day early.

The sea days were the very best thing of the cruise for me- I only go to the Carib. for my water baby husband- and because they were crammed with activities it was rare that either of us managed to fit in a meal between breakfast and tea... loved every single moment at sea. :cool:

The most consecutive days we had was 9 (on a trans pacific) and actually that worked out to the 12 of the first 14 being at sea. For us it was pure heaven :). Have a cruise (to Europe) coming up next month with the first 8 days at sea.

Hank

Looking at a 19 night cruise. There are 5 consecutive sea days.

What's the oldest stretch of sea days you've had and did you get anxious to set your feet on land?

We've done 7 transatlantics and often have 6 or 7 consecutive sea days.

We love the non-schedule of being able to set our own routine and far from being anxious for land we are often sorry to have a port day.

Seven days has been my longest but I could have easily done many more. Love the variety of amusements available on sea days and the chance to do nothing if you so desire.

This is why I tell anyone who will listen that cruises are the perfect vacation...

If you're the kind of person who wants to go-go-go from one activity to the next all day long, you can do that!

If you're the kind of person who wants to read/nap on a lounge chair all day long, you can do that!

If you want to party all night and sleep all morning, you can do that! (that's what I am doing right now on Oasis! :D)

If you want to turn in early and get up to watch the sun rise as you sip coffee and eat pastries, you can do that!