Oasis is moving...

Will be glad to have her in Port Canaveral, but wish Freedom was staying too.

A bit Ditto to that also!! Instead....we lose Freedom and gain NCL Epic at terminal 1 on Saturday. :(

Wish we could have put Oasis in that Saturday sail slot, and kept our beloved Freedom

on Sundays. And we are losing Enchantment also!! (Currently on Enchantment for what

might the very last time, will miss her also).

Hate to lose Freedom but only 2 more hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale . They needed a Oasis class as Norwegian is moving Epic too Canaveral , and Disney has just placed a third ship there. Carnival is also changing Sensation out with larger Victory. What we need is Royal to come up with other ports that have a pier large enough to service larger vessels. Bob

We did Oasis for this past cruise of ours as we probably won't book again as long as the ship is in Port Canaveral and I wanted to get one more cruise in aboard the ship.

Port Everglades is just way much more convenient for us.

Oasis not so much, and Miss the Monarch, have never had a chance to do the Enchantment. I might try the Oasis form PC but but it is too big for my taste.

I have not looked, but are there going to be any 3-4 day cruises from PC.

The PC cruise port is very nice and they built a special place for Oasis. There are lots of fun things to do around there on land as well like the Space Center, all of the Orlando stuff (less than an hour away), etc. so it will be easier to mix land and sea vacations.

I like it.

Tom

Oasis not so much, and Miss the Monarch, have never had a chance to do the Enchantment. I might try the Oasis form PC but but it is too big for my taste.

I have not looked, but are there going to be any 3-4 day cruises from PC.

Yes, Majesty will replace Enchantment at PC in May, and continue the 3/4 day Bahamas cruises.

When is the repostion cruise , how long ?

There is no guest reposition cruise. They are doing a non-revenue move from Port Everglades to Port Canaveral.

Edited by clarea

Will be glad to have her in Port Canaveral, but wish Freedom was staying too.

Totally gree with you. We are on Oasis now and have been a bit dissappointed. Don't get me wrong, any RCCL ship is wonderful but there are some issues on this ship that need to be remedied. Impossible to even see the ocean out of dining room windows and many, MANY of other windows appear to never have been cleaned. Not sure what's happening ...seals broken maybe, but rather than sanding and revarnishing seats at the Aquatheater (which seemed totally fine), clean the darn windows. If I had an oceanview stareroom and couldn't see out any better, I would REALLY be upset. Regardless, the ship is fabulous.....just wish the VCL was still around!

One other thing about Port Canaveral.....the rates for Oasis are ridiculous once it moves to PC and perhaps once the new wears off (and fewer book it) they will drop. Many on board have mentioned this and they will not be sailing on her until it does. But what option has been given....Majesty???? Really! We had Mariner before and then Freedom along with Enchantment. You had a choice of a larger and a smaller ship. Enchantment was fine but I don't care for Majesty. I know many people love that ship and that's great but I want something larger. Please bring in another alternative to Oasis. Guess we'll need to start sailing from Tampa.

Hate to lose Freedom but only 2 more hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale . They needed a Oasis class as Norwegian is moving Epic too Canaveral , and Disney has just placed a third ship there. Carnival is also changing Sensation out with larger Victory. What we need is Royal to come up with other ports that have a pier large enough to service larger vessels. Bob

Agree... Tampa needs to expand to be able to accommodate these monster ships. Driving 2 hours to PC and 4.5 hours to FTL is just a little far when you live less than 30 miles from Tampa.

Agree... Tampa needs to expand to be able to accommodate these monster ships. Driving 2 hours to PC and 4.5 hours to FTL is just a little far when you live less than 30 miles from Tampa.

Tough with the Skyway bridge there. They would have to build a cruise port outside the bridge.

Edited by clarea