Stockholder OBC benefit extended

caribill

CCL Corp has extended the stockholder's OBC until sailings by July 31, 2017 that are booked by February 28, 2017.

Normally this benefit is extended each year in early March and it has been again this year.

I wonder what it would do to stock prices if they ever discontinued the program. It's been a pretty good buy, but the only reason that I bought it was due to the onboard credit.

I wonder what it would do to stock prices if they ever discontinued the program. It's been a pretty good buy, but the only reason that I bought it was due to the onboard credit.
They'd go down slightly in the short term then probably bounce back. I'm betting the percentage of shareholders who own primarily for this benefit make up a very small percentage of total shareholders.

They'd go down slightly in the short term then probably bounce back. I'm betting the percentage of shareholders who own primarily for this benefit make up a very small percentage of total shareholders.

You are probably right - it just seems like the majority of shareholders because I spend time on websites like this one.

Shareholders credit plus dividends make Carnival Corp. a very attractive holding. Wish I had bought my shares when I first started sailing Princess.

"On January 14, 2016, Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announced a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 (U.S.) per share. The dividend is payable on March 11, 2016, to shareholders of record on February 19, 2016."

The only reason I bought CCL is for the OBC. The $25 per quarter - now $30 per quarter - dividend is a nice bonus. The stock has gone up quite a bit since I purchased but I have no intention of selling.

The only reason I bought CCL is for the OBC. The $25 per quarter - now $30 per quarter - dividend is a nice bonus. The stock has gone up quite a bit since I purchased but I have no intention of selling.

How come you're getting $30 per quarter dividend while I only get $0.30? :)

How much obc do you get, is it fixed rate

Depends on the length of the cruise

6 days or less $50

7-13 days $100

14 days or more $250

just noticed you are from UK

25 euro 6 days

50 euro 7-13

125 euro 4 or more

Edited by cruiser113

100 shares x $0.30 = $30.00

That sounds better! I'm use to seeing dividends quoted on a per-share basis.

CCL has been doing good. I originally bought it to get the OBC but am keeping it because it's a good fit in my portfolio.

• 1 month later...