B2B but one ends in Miami and next starts in FLL Help

SandyR5

Hi - Already booked again on Eclipse's 2 weeker next January. We want to cruise for 3 weeks so we found one on Silhouette that begins the same day we disembark Eclipse. Only kink in the plan, is that Eclipse docks in Miami and Silhouette docks in Fort Lauderdale. Anyone out there have something similar? :cool: How did you get from one port to the next? :rolleyes: Would love to hear your experiences. :)

I haven't used this but here is information I copied off CC a while back. However, my brother in law used this service when getting from FLL yo Miamupi port. Good luck.

Last November we used SAS Transportation to get back and forth from Port of Miami to FLL airport. It was a van that held approximately 12 people. It is $15 a person each way. But it was very easy; I made my reservation and they picked us up in a timely manner. Website is http://www.ridesas.com and phone is 954-600-0240.

Do call. We were looking for a shuttle from a post-cruise hotel in Miami to FLL and none of the transportation services offered Miami hotel pickups on their websites. Lots of service from Fort Lauderdale hotels to either port and both airports, but for some reason not from Miami hotels. In any event, I called QLS and they agreed to pick me up, so you may well be able to arrange a non-published ride. Good luck! :)

You could take the X transfer to the airport and grab a cab to the FLL port... or another X transfer, even. Call the Captain's Club (or if you have a TA, use them) to see if you can coordinate those transfers.

You're going to have plenty of time, at least!

Hi - Already booked again on Eclipse's 2 weeker next January. We want to cruise for 3 weeks so we found one on Silhouette that begins the same day we disembark Eclipse. Only kink in the plan, is that Eclipse docks in Miami and Silhouette docks in Fort Lauderdale. Anyone out there have something similar? :cool: How did you get from one port to the next? :rolleyes: Would love to hear your experiences. :)
Out of all the perks Celebrity has cut, this is the one we miss most.

They used to comp the transfers between ports if you did a B2B involving 2 different ports.

The last time we did this, they comped a private limo for us from the Port of Miami to the Port Everglades dock.

They used to do it even if you were transferring between a Celebrity cruise and a Royal Caribbean cruise.

If you had an overnight stay between the 2 cruises, they also used to comp an overnight hotel room for you, including the transportation to and from the hotel.

The last time they did this was in 2013, AFAIK.

How we wish they still offered this perk, instead of re-instating the pillow chocolates!

But now it looks like we are stuck with the options of making our own shuttle service arrangements, taking a taxi, hiring our own limo, or renting a car.

Or the concierge on the first cruise can make the transfer arrangements for you (they are very good at making these type arrangements), but you will still need to pay for them yourself now.

I knew the hotel overnight perk disappeared. I'm going to call Captains Club anyhow. We're Elite Plus...not that I think it will matter. :D. I also thought if a company like SAS will bring you to FLL they might then be picking up passengers there to bring them to Port Everglades. We could just hang out on same shuttle. :D:D. Got good ideas from all of you.

Edited by SandyR5

Very easy! Leave your ship in Miami. Pick up your bags and wave down a Taxi! Tell them

Ft Lauderdale Cruise Terminal and the name of the ship. About 25 minutes later you will arrive and get out of the Taxi and check your bags. Have a good cruise! Bon Voyage!

Loved your suggestion. I thought the cruise terminals were about 45 minutes apart. Can't imagine the cost of a taxi. :eek: Any idea?

In December we took a taxi at night and it was $80.00.

Your estimate of 45 minutes is much closer to reality, and that's on a good day with reasonable traffic flow.

This link gives a time and cost estimate of 41 minutes and $89.69:

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami&from=Miami+cruise+port%2C+Miami%2C+FL&to=Port+Everglades%2C+Fort+Lauderdale%2C+FL

You might not find faster, but I'm sure you can find cheaper. :)

They must have changed the car shuttle service regulations. In Nov. 2013 we took SAS from our FLL hotel to MIA port to board Divina. When we returned to MIA, they picked us up and took us to FLL airport. Their license would not permit them to pick up at MIA port and go to MIA airport, but they could take you to FLL. EM

We are disembarking Reflection on March 26 and need a ride back to FLL for our flight, and SAS is always my go-to for transportation between Ft Lauderdale and Miami. But when I went to their website I also saw the little statement about all trips originating in Ft Lauderdale. Our flight down is into Miami, but it was cheaper for the return to depart out of Ft Lauderdale, by over $100 per person. So I emailed them last week and asked, specifically referencing what I saw on the website and they responded that they do indeed offer one-way transfers from the Port of Miami to FLL (airport). So I made my reservation, $15 per person. I do think that statement on their website is a little misleading. But at any rate, it seems that they will do the one way originating at the Port of Miami.

However, I'm wondering if you were to use SAS, if you'd have to do it in two legs...one from the Port of Miami to the airport in Ft Lauderdale (FLL) and another from the airport (FLL) to Port Everglades. I'm not sure about that though. I don't know if they would go directly from the Port of Miami to Port Everglades. Yep, you'd have to ask.

By the way, I didn't find an email address for them on their website for general questions. But I had an old email confirmation from a couple years ago and I used that. It's ridesas954@aol.com

Edited by NCMtnBoys

Very easy! Leave your ship in Miami. Pick up your bags and wave down a Taxi! Tell them

Ft Lauderdale Cruise Terminal and the name of the ship. About 25 minutes later you will arrive and get out of the Taxi and check your bags. Have a good cruise! Bon Voyage!

Either that, though taxi's may be hard to find that want to go all the way to Port Everglades, or arrange Private transfer with QLS. We use them all the time. I'd much prefer them over Uber because they are hired and licensed by the QLS company.

We paid $90 to go from the Embassy suites (next to Port Everglades) to the Port of Miami last month for $90 (2-4 passengers). Took about 40 minutes with Monday traffic leaving the hotel at 10:30. Book way ahead for Private transfers!

Edited by Iamthesea

We do this all the time. Because you have the time from one ship to the next. we do partake of the shuttle services for 15/pp. (By law they can NOT go port to port. ) They can thou take your from POM to say Holiday Inn on 17th street. Either than take taxi for the 1 mile trip or walk to ship.