Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

I love doing the rockwalls. I used to keep track of how many times I have been up each ship's wall. Then one night I think it was a Cosmopolitan in Central Park that knocked off the neuron that was storing that information. Now I have no clue on my number of assents.

Kudos OB, for the physical activities. My assents are not as complicated as yours. I just take any number and multiply it by zero and I have the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So glad that you had such an awesome day! I know you were busy and didn't think about this, but do you think you could tell me what you used to hook-up to the TV? So sorry to bug you about this again!

Thanks, Coco Happy Feet

I didn't forget, I just needed something to lure you back today.[emoji3]

We bring our own HDMI cable from home as well as a HDMI to IPad converter plug. You have to get the HDMI cable into the side of the TV into one of the inputs that is not being used. This can be a two person job, with one person gently holding the TV back from the wall while the second person plugs in the cable.

Cable plugged in.

d1d924f6ebb8978a58e7258fb958bffb.jpg

Next you need a Samsung remote, or a universal remote you bring from home. Do not forget to bring the code sheet, but you can get on-line if you forget on the cruise, as you need to program the remote for the brand of TV and some brands have more than one code. Our cabin steward has always provided us with the remote, but we almost always sail with a steward we know from previous sailings. However I am not certain if all stewards will do this, so you could/should bring one from home.

Samsung Remote with HDMI cable and converter plugged into iPad.

4b2cd2efcc480a0007291be486852355.jpg

Now you take the Samsung remote and change the HDMI input of the TV until you find the one you have used for your cable. If you have your device plugged in and on it will have your home screen image displayed when you enter the right one.

It should look like this, but you need to find the HDMI input on your own.

6f62b741ab0ebc2a80214aafc9a85d9d.jpg

By keeping you iPad home screen image open while you search for your correct input once you locate the right one the image will be the same on both the iPad as well as the TV.

1fd6c5aad5751c341c67ddd684b94100.jpg

When you want the ship's television just change the HDMI feed back to the one that originally started on. When you're done at the end of the cruise just wrap up your cable and take it home. We always just leave the remote sitting underneath the TV in the cabin for the steward to return it to where he got it.

Theoretically it should work for any HDMI inputted device. We use the iPad, but it should work for video games as well. We have read that this doesn't work on every class of ship but we have done this on Oasis and Allure.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Kudos OB, for the physical activities. My assents are not as complicated as yours. I just take any number and multiply it by zero and I have the answer.

I've never been good at keeping things simple.:(

Tom and Matt, you asked about how bright or dark is the room at night. My DW has put a washcloth over one of the little LED lights that shine on the stairs at night. RC really doesn't want to guest to fall down the stairs at night but the light is very bright.

This photo shows a series of single light going up the stairs. They can all be shut off but the very top one.

505365dfadddf641d82b2d846ce69dff.jpg

This photo shows how we cover the light. We use the same wash cloth every night and just put it in the closet in the daytime.

1ce3b7f72cdc9676c2bfdd4083b6b636.jpg

This photo shows how it helps to block out the light.

a2f732465fd50c8e58e4d1c35e2d3df4.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

I didn't forget, I just needed something to lure you back today.[emoji3]

We bring our own HDMI cable from home as well as a HDMI to IPad converter plug. You have to get the HDMI cable into the side of the TV into one of the inputs that is not being used. This can be a two person job, with one person gently holding the TV back from the wall while the second person plugs in the cable.

Cable plugged in.............

Along with re-wiring Allure of the Seas you found time to use the flowrider?:confused:

Thanks Andrew! Of course I'm a little worried about bright morning sun, too, but have already ordered my towel clips :)

Great minds think alike. Mine arrived via Amazon (Prime) yesterday. Ended up getting an 8-pk of simple stainless steel clips which, upon seeing them, Cheryl said "why'd you buy those... I have THESE in our spare room", and proceeds to bring out 4 flamingo clips. Hers had noticably better gription than the cheap, though highly rated, ones I just bought... :rolleyes:

Tom

Andrew, thanks for all your work posting and periscoping over the last two weeks. I mostly lurked on the thread but commented a few times on your scopes and it was so fun to see what you and the fam were up to.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the review, great info and entertaining. I look forward to them everyday! One of the few reviews that I check almost every post not just the ones with the photos.

Sorry you have to go back to the real world, but you did help me confirm Allure will be the next ship for my family

Best of the best was this afternoon and I'd say it was a tie between myself and another rider. It was left to the sports crew to make the final decision. The 17 year beat the 43 year old. My ride is scoped but will only last until tomorrow afternoon. Still a great way to end the cruise, with one final ride with "the family".

This week's family photo.

d012c58daa99fcb073d19206143a4a8a.jpg

End of the flow show.

dfb3681c32a9fc141991e571e4c775cf.jpg

This was waiting in our cabin this morning. What an awful way to start a day.

5490eeb3e33bc68b861e940cc3ff6767.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This will most likely be the last post from the ship, but not my last post on this thread. You might get a few on my way home tomorrow. There will be a final generalization once we get home and settled in. I will also post the Compasses when I have a chance next week.

You have all stuck with us the last two weeks so hopefully you last a few more days.

This will most likely be the last post from the ship, but not my last post on this thread. You might get a few on my way home tomorrow. There will be a final generalization once we get home and settled in. I will also post the Compasses when I have a chance next week.

You have all stuck with us the last two weeks so hopefully you last a few more days.

A great review Andrew,

Safe travels.