Buying watches onboard

Phil28sth

I know they carry Philip Stein as I bought one. Perhaps others can chime in with other brand names.

The fine jewelry shop often has specials/discounts early on in the cruise, also if you are Elite status you get an additional 10% discount. I priced my watch in both St. Thomas and St. Martin and the price was better on the ship.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I have 2 of the Citizen Eco-Drive. The price with the first night discount and Elite discount made it a decent price.

I am happy with the Citizen Eco-drive that I bought on board, and last year on the Royal bought an Invicta watch. On the ship they had a lucky draw for anyone who bought an Invicta, and I won another one.:)

I am happy with the Citizen Eco-drive that I bought on board, and last year on the Royal bought an Invicta watch. On the ship they had a lucky draw for anyone who bought an Invicta, and I won another one.:)

I think Invita watches are very attractive!

As long as you know what you are buying, you can get some smoking dealing on board - particularly if you live in a high tax area like California. I got a Citizen Eco Drive for about $150.00 less than on-shore "sale" prices. And no 8% uptick for the state.

Just wondered if anyone knows what brands of watches can be brought on Royal Princess?

I know they carry Philip Stein as I bought one. Perhaps others can chime in with other brand names.

The fine jewelry shop often has specials/discounts early on in the cruise, also if you are Elite status you get an additional 10% discount. I priced my watch in both St. Thomas and St. Martin and the price was better on the ship.

If you really want to save money on watches.... try Jomashop on the web. Both my partner and I saved a bundle as we each purchased birthday present watches from them. She bought me an Omega Speedmaster Racing and I got her an Omega Constellation with diamonds.

I have absolutely no personal ties with this company, but we did receive great service both times.

Mike

If you really want to save money on watches.... try Jomashop on the web. Both my partner and I saved a bundle as we each purchased birthday present watches from them. She bought me an Omega Speedmaster Racing and I got her an Omega Constellation with diamonds.

I have absolutely no personal ties with this company, but we did receive great service both times.

Mike

Just be careful with online purchases. Most are grey market dealers and come with no warranty.

Also, if you are a US resident and are going to St Thomas this is the best place to buy watches. You get a much higher allowance and half the duty when returning to the US.

Not really important on less expensive watches but if your buying a Breitling, Rolex, etc you may be more concerned with warranties etc.

Mike

I bought one watch from Jomashop and got a good price. The trade-off is that they are a grey market dealer and you will not get a warranty. For my more expensive watches, I go to an Authorized Dealer so I get the warranty.

Gone are the days of great duty free deals both onboard and onshore.

You can find as good a price ashore, online or in places like Costco. ;)

My husband bought a watch at Costco. After two years it needed a repair so he sent it back to the original manufacturer who said "oh, this watch was made for Costco" and he had a problem getting it fixed. Apparently some companies have products made specifically for Costco (and outlets). Careful.

Just off the Regal and bought my second Citizen Eco Drive on the ship...less than any land price.

The watches on board all seemed to be grossly over-priced, why bother.

It's just like anywhere else, some brands are a great deal, others are more expensive.

I got a great deal on a Tag on an NCL ship a few years ago. Well below what I would pay anywhere at home.

My husband bought a watch at Costco. After two years it needed a repair so he sent it back to the original manufacturer who said "oh, this watch was made for Costco" and he had a problem getting it fixed. Apparently some companies have products made specifically for Costco (and outlets). Careful.

Just off the Regal and bought my second Citizen Eco Drive on the ship...less than any land price.

So you don't think watches made exclusively for Princess don't exist. It wouldn't surprise me at all.