New to Suite Life on Princess ?????'s

latebloomer56

As for the advice to book the first night complementary specialty reservations ASAP after boarding...what is the best way to do this? Thanks!

I think they can tell when you are dialing from a Suite, so we always called the Dine Line from the desk phone once we were able to get in the suite.

As for the advice to book the first night complementary specialty reservations ASAP after boarding...what is the best way to do this? Thanks!

Can you use this speciality dining reservation a different night? We have a family wedding the next day with a special dinner for the family the evening we sail, and certainly do not want to miss being with family for this dinner the first evening.

Edited by janetcbl

Can you use this speciality dining reservation a different night? We have a family wedding the next day with a special dinner for the family the evening we sail, and certainly do not want to miss being with family for this dinner the first evening.

Sorry, it is only for the first night. No credit is offered if you don't use it.

One of the reasons they added this perc is that the specialty restaurants were generally empty on the first night.

However, it won't do any harm to explain your circumstances and ask the head waiter once you are onboard.

We paid very little from Mini to Owners Suite so do we get double credit? Understand cabin steward will give us the diner menu and we can eat in our cabin if we are not up to company after a long day like Germany is that also correct?

We did not receive the double credit automatically after we purchased an upsell to a suite. After the cruise, we called Princess and they added the extra credit. They were not able to do anything before the cruise - we had to wait and call after the cruise, but there was no problem then.

With a good reason they will make an exception. I know from experience.

Enjoy your cruise...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

The pillow menu was real on the CB. We got a neck roll and a "therapeutic" (contoured memory foam" pillow.

They also kept dropping off plates of special snacks during the week, and 2 small bottles of Korbel champagne on embarkation day.

I presume you meant to say that SHARE is coming to Ruby Princess. Which is interesting news given that there is no gap in Ruby's schedule between now and May, and the current Princess press on SHARE is that it is currently on Crown and Emerald and opening on Sun in April. Plans to add it to Coral were scrapped and no other ships besides those three are mentioned on any official release.

Share is now available on the Ruby, Sabatini's is gone, and the suite breakfast has been moved to the Crown Grill.

I think they can tell when you are dialing from a Suite, so we always called the Dine Line from the desk phone once we were able to get in the suite.

Our last half-dozen cruises they have called our suite to remind us of the complimentary dining perk, along with leaving a note in the room with instructions on making the reservation. In talking with friends, it appears this is pretty standard now.

Share is now available on the Ruby, Sabatini's is gone, and the suite breakfast has been moved to the Crown Grill.

Yeah I got the ships mixed up. Was thrown off by the original post I cited referring to SHARE on Ruby in future tense when it has been there since December.

I can see that one of the owners suite B735 is still available on the Regal for a March 17 cruise. Do you feel much movement back there, I already booked a mid ship mini suite and I was just wondering.

When we were in B734, there was a small vibration but the effect was on the closet area so we had to juggle the hangers a little to reduce the noise. Once we did that, there was just a small noticeable noise coming from the vibration that I have to presume is from the rudders. Obviously when arriving or departing from port the vibration is much more noticeable.

Now, having said that, what vibration and noise there was, would not be enough to prevent us from staying in a suite again. I'm sure the vibration is just as noticeable in one of the aft deluxe balcony's sandwiched between those two suites and we've booked our B2B in B736 for December.

Edited by WISH84

One more Suite Tip from my experiences, not on any FAQ list I have seen...

You will put laundry in a bag and fill out a slip listing how many shirts, how many skirts, etc...

A pair of Socks counts as "1."

You're welcome. ENJOY!!

[emoji3]

We've been able to switch it on two different occassions.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We paid very little from Mini to Owners Suite so do we get double credit? Understand cabin steward will give us the diner menu and we can eat in our cabin if we are not up to company after a long day like Germany is that also correct?

You can, and it is a great alternative on port intensive cruises. In our experience, the only dining room menu that has appeared without asking is the breakfast menu, and since we book suites in part for breakfast in Sabatini's we don't want that one. Whenever we have asked our cabin steward to provide the luncheon and/or dinner menus they have appeared. You might have to ask for them - just give your cabin steward a heads up that you would appreciate having them.

I can see that one of the owners suite B735 is still available on the Regal for a March 17 cruise. Do you feel much movement back there, I already booked a mid ship mini suite and I was just wondering.

This is our cabin on the May 1, 2016 trip. Will let you know when we get back. Don't expect much use on the huge balcony but will be out there for a bit each day cold or not :).

• 2 months later...
You also get complimentary Speciality Restaurant dining the first night of cruise. Be sure to make your reservation as soon as you get to your suite. Reservations go quick.

Sabatini's each morning for breakfast is glorious, don't miss the fresh OJ! Those mornings you certainly get it your way! The kindest staff ever! Enjoy!

Should we call from suite or can we go directly to the restaurant and book it in person?

Should we call from suite or can we go directly to the restaurant and book it in person?
You can do either. On most ships there will be a table set up outside of Sabatini's on embarkation day where you can make reservations for the specialty restaurants or the ultimate balcony dining. Edited by IECalCruiser

Do the suites have copies of all of the specialty restaurant menus? If not will the room Steward bring one if we ask?
I guess you could ask your steward to bring a copy of the menus for the specialty restaurants as well as those for the dining room. There are typically only two specialty restaurants (a few ships have more). The menus for the specialty restaurants don't change and they are posted outside of the restaurants all of the time. Menus for almost all specialty restaurants are available on line (Crab Shack and Fondues on the Royal/Regal are a couple of the exceptions.

You can do either. On most ships there will be a table set up outside of Sabatini's on embarkation day where you can make reservations for the specialty restaurants or the ultimate balcony dining.

Thank you.

Another question - what do you normally tip for room service/afternoon tea being delivered? What about tipping when laundry is delivered?

Edited by metairiegal

Thank you.

Another question - what do you normally tip for room service/afternoon tea being delivered? What about tipping when laundry is delivered?

Tipping is a personal matter. For a simple order probably $2 but up to $5 for afternoon tea or dinner. Your steward handles your laundry so we only tip them at the end of the cruise. Amount can vary depending upon additional services requested during the cruise.

Tipping is a personal matter. For a simple order probably $2 but up to $5 for afternoon tea or dinner. Your steward handles your laundry so we only tip them at the end of the cruise. Amount can vary depending upon additional services requested during the cruise.

Thanks again. Can't wait for our 1st time in a suite! :)

Do suite passengers get bars of soap and containers of shampoo instead of the stuff in the shower dispensers?

Yes - round cakes of soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and maybe some other things. As with any product, some people love it (me), and others don't like the scent. I believe it's the same products they use in the spa. And there's plenty of the bottles - I always have several to take home.