Goldstein not concerned about terrorism

cot427

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2016/03/23/royal-caribbean-not-concerned-about-terrorisms-impact.html

Adam Goldstein, the COO of RCCL, parent company of RCI, said the company is not concerned with terrorism affecting any of it's current itineraries by issuing the following statement:

“We are calling on about 500 ports around the world annually and we make judgments about the information that we're receiving and occasionally… we decide based on what we know that it would not be in the best interest of the line or the guests to go to a place.”

Certainly thoughts and prayers are with the people affecting by the incidents in Brussels yesterday. While it makes me nervous to possibly travel to Europe, I would definitely keep a trip planned if I had one overseas.

We have 2 Europe cruises booked and recent events will do nothing to change our plans.

As to Adam Goldstein and his comments, why should he be concerned. He is raking in his millions while sitting comfortably in his leather chair in Miami.

So you have a problem with this CEO or all of them?

Edited by SeaUs

As to Adam Goldstein and his comments, why should he be concerned. He is raking in his millions while sitting comfortably in his leather chair in Miami.

Sounds like a cushy job. However, what's more probable is that he, like most CEOs, spends a lot more than the typical 40-50 hrs/week at their jobs - and it's not an easy one, I'm sure.

We have 2 Europe cruises booked and recent events will do nothing to change our plans.

Not changing any plans yet. But a lot of Adam Goldstein Net worth is tied up in RCL stock which has fallen from the 100's to the low 70's.:eek: Edited by FLACRUISER99

I think you can guarantee he's concerned. If nothing else, his livelihood would be at risk.

Sounds like a cushy job. However, what's more probable is that he, like most CEOs, spends a lot more than the typical 40-50 hrs/week at their jobs - and it's not an easy one, I'm sure.

He has not been the CEO for nearly 2 years. He was promoted to get ready for when Fain retires. He works less and gets paid more.

First, he is not the CEO anymore. Second, yes I have a personal issue with him, as does my family. The man lied to our faces so I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

And yet, here you are on the Royal Caribbean forum. Why? If you despise him so much and have such a deep personal issue with him, I would assume you would stop cruising RC and would thus have no interest in this forum. :confused:

And yet, here you are on the Royal Caribbean forum. Why? If you despise him so much and have such a deep personal issue with him, I would assume you would stop cruising RC and would thus have no interest in this forum. :confused:

Stupid comment. Why should we stop sailing Royal because he is a liar? Would you stop loving your child if they lied to you? My opinion of him doesn't reflect my feelings for the cruise line itself.

Edited by cruisingsince94

Stupid comment. Why should we stop sailing Royal because he is a liar? Would you stop loving your child if they lied to you?

Love and trust are NOT the same! Of course you continue to "LOVE" your child...no matter what!

You don't do business with folks you don't TRUST!

Love and trust are NOT the same! Of course you continue to "LOVE" your child...no matter what!

You don't do business with folks you don't TRUST!

So then if your child lies to you, then you don't have anything to do with them right since they betrayed your trust?

Goldstein lied, end of story. I don't trust him, but that in itself is not enough to take 20+ years of cruising RCI and jump ship to another line.

If your so naive to think everybody YOU do business with is trustworthy then your sadly mistaken. People like, businesses lie, politicians lie, lawyers like Goldstein lie.

So then if your child lies to you, then you don't have anything to do with them right since they betrayed your trust?

Goldstein lied, end of story. I don't trust him, but that in itself is not enough to take 20+ years of cruising RCI and jump ship to another line.

If your so naive to think everybody YOU do business with is trustworthy then your sadly mistaken. People like, businesses lie, politicians lie, lawyers like Goldstein lie.

Obviously he hurt your feelings terribly

I guess we're not going to hear how he "lied"

Edited by SeaUs

This is the sort of statement top brass puts out to keep Wall Street calm; nothing more or less. Of course, as a company, they are concerned and monitor situations worldwide and decide if they will alter itineraries. What did anyone expect him to say publicly?

Like you, I would probably move forward with my European sailings if I had any booked. I do differ with you however, regarding Mr. Goldstein. Without knowing him personallly, I'd like to believe that he's not quite that callous and insensitive.