Tuxedo rentals

I rent a tux on every cruise. You give them your measurements on line. The tux is usually waiting in your room on arrival. Try it on to make sure everything fits. If there's a problem they'll fix it. The bill your shipboard account near the end of the cruise; no upfront payment required. I have always found the service to be excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SamFritz

I rent a tux on every cruise. You give them your measurements on line. The tux is usually waiting in your room on arrival. Try it on to make sure everything fits. If there's a problem they'll fix it. The bill your shipboard account near the end of the cruise; no upfront payment required. I have always found the service to be excellent.

Where do you go to get the measurements?

Where do you go to get the measurements?

I went to a mens clothing store that I had bought suits from in the past and they were happy to do it...well the acted like they were happy to do it. :D

I went to a mens clothing store that I had bought suits from in the past and they were happy to do it...well the acted like they were happy to do it. :D

Thanks, been thinking of doing this and didn't know if I had to go to some local tux rental shop.

There is really no need for tuxes anymore....just so you know. A suit will do fine on "formal" night...and you will be in the minority in a suit....just saying.

The whole "formal" experience has been downgraded in the last 2 years.

There is really no need for tuxes anymore....just so you know. A suit will do fine on "formal" night...and you will be in the minority in a suit....just saying.

That wasn't the question but thanks for playing. :rolleyes:

If he wants to wear a tux, why discourage him? While it may be a minority, I hardly feel alone in "spiffing" myself up for a couple of nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also can do the measurement onboard.

I was thinking that if I waited to order the tux onboard, they might be out of certain sizes. Maybe I should not be concerned about that?

For those who cruise every year I think buying is a much better option, have been wearing a tux on formal night for past 30 years

It does George but then I have to pack that and an extra pair of shiny shoes. Cruising is the one thing in life I'm not very thrifty about. ;)

I was thinking that if I waited to order the tux onboard, they might be out of certain sizes. Maybe I should not be concerned about that?

I have been measured before the cruise and pre ordered and I have been measured onboard. I have found that they carry a pretty good stock onboard especially since wearing a tux is becoming a thing of the past. My pants and shirts measurements are pretty standard size but I wear a 50R coat and they had several, no problem. I noticed the seam in the seat of the pair of pants was coming undone and they were able to bring me another pair within minutes. Great onboard service in my past experiences :)

Edited by ryano

One thing I don't like is that the first formal night is usually the second night. I like to send my suit/tux out to be cleaned and/or pressed on embarkation day. Since I prefer early seating, there's been couple of times when my clothes were delivered to the cabin within minutes of first seating on formal night (after couple of panicked calls to the cabin attendant.)

Rich

I have been measured before the cruise and pre ordered and I have been measured onboard. I have found that they carry a pretty good stock onboard especially since wearing a tux is becoming a thing of the past. My pants and shirts measurements are pretty standard size but I wear a 50R coat and they had several, no problem. I noticed the seam in the seat of the pair of pants was coming undone and they were able to bring me another pair within minutes. Great onboard service in my past experiences :)

Thanks, I may just take a shot at doing it all onboard.

The DH forgot to pack his tux shirt on our Freedom cruise. Brought the tux and the shoes,

but forgot the shirt. (I am still trying to train him. ;) ).

Called down to get a shirt rental, gave them the size, and said they would deliver to the cabin in half an hour. Two hours later...no shirt. I called again and rental person snipped at me "we don't have that size". Huh? DH is 15 1/2, 34. Pretty average, no special size needed. At the very least they could have called back and offered a different size or explained that they would not be delivering. :(

We dressed casual and ate in the WJ.

Edited by island lady

If you rent from RCCL, is the price per use or per cruise (i.e. 7 night cruise, two formal nights)? Husband is not the suit type guy, but does enjoy dressing up. May save money in the long run renting for the cruise. Just curious.

Thanks!