bathroom nightlight?

recyclelady

Every time I go on a cruise, I think, "Should have brought a nightlight." But I know the bathrooms have the shavers only outlet. Any ideas for what I can use (short of leaving the light on in the bathroom.)?

I use a nightlight, they don't draw much current. And I always unplug it in the morning when it's no longer needed. Have done this on lots of different ships without any problems.

We use a couple of LED votive candles. You aren't restricted to finding a plug and can put them wherever you want. Not too much light to disturb our sleep but enough to see by (we put one on the little table on the wall between the bed and the closet in a mini-suite and one or two on the shelves in the bathroom). We were on a 20 night cruise and didn't have to replace the batteries until we got home.

We use a nightlight in our cabin that provides a green glowing light such as in this link.

http://m.lowes.com/pd/LimeLite-Off-White-Electroluminescent-Night-Light/50450102?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA_ONLY-_-FashionFixtures-_-SosLightBulbs-_-50450102:LimeLite&CAWELAID=320011480006583484&kpid=50450102&CAGPSPN=pla&k_clickID=391fc856-e95c-41fd-8ea9-897c36cbebfc

They last for a long time but have hesitated to use it in the bathroom's "shaver only" socket. Based on previous discussions I've read that socket is also okay for low usage electrical items such as my glowing green night light which does not use a bulb & is an electroluminescent night light.

One can now get inexpensive battery powered LED lights. No need for a power outlet and cheap enough that forgetting one is not going to hurt. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bel-Air-Lighting-2-99-in-LED-Silver-Battery-Operated-Puck-Light-3-Pack-1001217766/205703255 and https://www.pegasuslighting.com/battery-operated-night-lights/4-pack-led-battery-operated-mini-guide-lights.html are just two of the available options.

Edited by broberts

Every time I go on a cruise, I think, "Should have brought a nightlight." But I know the bathrooms have the shavers only outlet. Any ideas for what I can use (short of leaving the light on in the bathroom.)?

You can plug a night-light into the shaver outlet.

It just has to be a non-polarized, non-grounded plug.

(only two legs of equal size)

Personally, I have flaunted the 'shaver only' and even plugged

in a toothbrush to charge.

I use little tea lights from Dollar General, probably Wal Mart, any discount store. They twist and give off a faint glow, not very bright so I use two.

Sailing single, usually in an inside cabin, I find these helpful, previously I would leave a light on and close the door. I prefer the little lights though, they are cute!

I use a nightlight, they don't draw much current. And I always unplug it in the morning when it's no longer needed. Have done this on lots of different ships without any problems.

Ditto, the dollar store! 2 lites for $1!

We use a nightlight in our cabin that provides a green glowing light such as in this link.

http://m.lowes.com/pd/LimeLite-Off-White-Electroluminescent-Night-Light/50450102?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA_ONLY-_-FashionFixtures-_-SosLightBulbs-_-50450102:LimeLite&CAWELAID=320011480006583484&kpid=50450102&CAGPSPN=pla&k_clickID=391fc856-e95c-41fd-8ea9-897c36cbebfc

They last for a long time but have hesitated to use it in the bathroom's "shaver only" socket. Based on previous discussions I've read that socket is also okay for low usage electrical items such as my glowing green night light which does not use a bulb & is an electroluminescent night light.

I've used this "light" in the bathrooms of cruises. Love it!

After a bad fall in the middle of the night on a cruise, I bought a battery operated motion sensor night light. A neighbor has also given me some battery operated candles that have a remote control. I will continue to take the little night light since it takes up very little space. It has the motion sensor or you can set it to always on. The motion sensor setting was perfect. I know some people leave the light on, but I just want a little light, not something bright enough to wake me up.

Yes you can plug one in.

I have also bought night lights from the "dollar" store. Just check to see if both plugs are the skinny kind. I use it at night and unplug it during the day.

I have also used the little battery-operated tea light candles, but they do flicker - you know, like a candle. I found that to be annoying in a dark room. I don't know why the flicker bothered me. On a positive note, the tea lights have a long life, and they can also be switched off during the day.

Why not just purchase a small LED torch? Here in Oz you can purchase them from the checkout at your local stupidmarket for about $5.00 ... in aid of charity (usually a cancer charity). Mine lives on my bedside table (for visits to the bathroom in the wee small hours) and always comes cruising with me. In fact I purchased a new one just last week for my next cruise. And no worries if the ship loses power, I'll have my trusty torch. :p:D I moonlighted as an usherette at one of our large live theatrical venues back in my youth, so I'm very adept with a torch! :rolleyes::)

I leave the light on in the bathroom and the gap under the door allows enough light through to get there safely.

Regards John

I leave the light on in the bathroom and the gap under the door allows enough light through to get there safely.

Regards John

We have been doing the same since we started cruising. Plenty of light to get to the bathroom. I always have a small mag flashlight in case of a power failure.

A torch maybe? It's what I use.

For years now I have used a battery operated candle, about 3" high and about the same around, that I set on the bathroom counter where the amount of light is doubled by the reflection of the light in the mirror.

I take extra batteries along that are purchased at the Dollar Tree .... 2 for $1.

I don't like leaving the bathroom light on at night because, if I have to use the bathroom during the night, it's bright enough to wake me up too much for me to easily get back to sleep. The candle light is a soft glow that is just enough light that it does not have that affect.

For years now I have used a battery operated candle, about 3" high and about the same around, that I set on the bathroom counter where the amount of light is doubled by the reflection of the light in the mirror.

I take extra batteries along that are purchased at the Dollar Tree .... 2 for $1.

I don't like leaving the bathroom light on at night because, if I have to use the bathroom during the night, it's bright enough to wake me up too much for me to easily get back to sleep. The candle light is a soft glow that is just enough light that it does not have that affect.

That is why I don't leave the bathroom light on either - plus I don't want to wake hubby up.