LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Premier Sailings of the MS Koningsdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Still in Rome [emoji53] our flight was to have left at 12:15pm but during take off the Captains aborted take off due to a noise in the engine although everything shown it was fine but to be safe they have deplaned us and are testing the engines

My Delta notifications state 3:45 for departure which will most likely have us missing our connecting flight so looks like an over night in Atlanta unless they can get us on another flight.

Actually all of the uniforms are new on the Koningsdam for every crew except officers. Did not see change in theirs. They all have a small touch of Dutch orange by way of the orange button on their collar.

For the most part I liked the new uniforms they look very fresh and European.

Thanks, Lisa

I was surprised because HAL only a year or two ago redid all the waiters and cabin steward uniforms.

An aborted flight must have been "interesting". Have not had that happen to us and don't want to! You have wifi so enjoy your wait time.

Ciao from Roma, yes we are still here , Tom and I plus 360+ Delta paxs that were to take off at 12:15pm. It is now after 8:10pm we are at the Sheraton Roma. They set up a buffet for, nothing fancy but was good. Tomorrow morning they will have have about 7 to 8 busses show up starting at 6 am to get us to the airport to do what we did earlier all over again. It's been a very messed up day with not a lot of information given to us. It was 5:30 when we were standing in line and I got a call from Delta. I had been upset that we booked Delta plus seats and they assigned seats in row 41 at the very back of the plane. We are all going out on the same plane so not sure why we could not have our same seats. Well the rep was able to give us the Delta plus on the first segment but not the ATL to LAS for that one we both have middle seats at the back of the plane and have a 5 hour lay over in Atlanta. We will get home 23 hours late.

We are totally exhausted and with needing to get up very early we did not take advantage of seeing more of Rome. We did purchase our flights from Hal but did not bother them since I honestly do not think there was anything they could have done.

You couldn't be more right.

It does no good to have lots of loungers in the sun when you want to sit in the shade. Being up on a high deck is not at all the same as sitting closer to water level.

And then there's the awful too loud piped in "music" that tends to be broadcast everywhere---except that lovely lower, shaded, promenade deck.

Looks like this is going to be a "one & done" cruise for me. The Koningsdam is going to have to do something really impressive to get me back, it seems.

DW and I both agree with Ruth! We like to sit in the shade and watch the world go by. It is very relaxing and we do not want more skin cancer. I'm looking at the deck plans and see very few chairs in the shade. We would rather not sit in a cabana, we want an area where people walk by and talk with us.

Delta is good about refunded money paid out for your upgrade. Big

convention in Las Vegas, or otherwise they would upgrade you first class.

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. You are right, if you had

booked flights thru the cruise, it would have taken you longer. Just another

layer of people to go thru. Safe travels.

We are currently on the plane with all the same passengers as yesterday so saying a prayer we get to Las Vegas Sunday night at 8:15. We now have a longer layover in ATL.

But very thankful this did happen coming to Rome.

Now you can start singing the song you started this thread out with, not that long ago ....my bags are packed and I'm ready to GO!

Glad you are finally on the last leg of this extraordinary journey. Sleep well and wondering how it will all sort out after you wake up in your own bed again. Thanks again from everyone.

Edited by OlsSalt

Delta is good about refunded money paid out for your upgrade. Big

convention in Las Vegas, or otherwise they would upgrade you first class.

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. You are right, if you had

booked flights thru the cruise, it would have taken you longer. Just another

layer of people to go thru. Safe travels.

I believe she said she did purchase her flights thru Hal. Her response in #506. Please correct me if I am wrong. We are considering booking flights thru Hal on our cruise thru our PCC. Would this be a mistake?

Edited by boards

Sorry for the hassle coming home but thankful you are on the plane and enroute. Glad it wasn't at the start of your trip. Hope the rest goes smoothly for you both. Very LONG day/night for you and you will appreciate being home even though exhausted.

I believe she said she did purchase her flights thru Hal. Her response in #506. Please correct me if I am wrong. We are considering booking flights thru Hal on our cruise thru our PCC. Would this be a mistake?

Yes we did book our flight through Hal but we actually had total control of the ticket once ticketed it after final and did my own upgrade to Delta Comfort plus. Over all there was I one that could get any other flights or earlier connections. In the end every passenger that was on the canceled Delta flight from Saturday was on this mornings flight. Come to find out there was nothing wrong with the plane but by the time they finished the diagnostics and took off the flight crew would have been working more hours than they are allowed which is why it was canceled.

I have to admit working with Hal's Air department is quite easy and they were well aware of the situation on what was happening.

We are currently in ATL, been A very long day. We got up at 4:45am Rome time. We made good time here and got in at 12:55pm although Customs was not ready for our flight to land. Global Entry is easy and will be easier once we know what we are doing lol[emoji6] although strangely you have to go back through security check point at least in ATL and TSA Precheck does not work in the International area gong to a connecting flight in Atlanta.

There had been a 3 pm flight that would have gotten us into Vegas 4 hours earlier that we were wait listed for and the two ahead of us got cleared but not us so we have to wait till the 6:40 flight. By the time we get home it will be well over 24 hours since we had been up and about 48 hours of trying to get home.

Yes we did book our flight through Hal but we actually had total control of the ticket once ticketed it after final and did my own upgrade to Delta Comfort plus. Over all there was I one that could get any other flights or earlier connections. In the end every passenger that was on the canceled Delta flight from Saturday was on this mornings flight. Come to find out there was nothing wrong with the plane but by the time they finished the diagnostics and took off the flight crew would have been working more hours than they are allowed which is why it was canceled.

I have to admit working with Hal's Air department is quite easy and they were well aware of the situation on what was happening.

We are currently in ATL, been A very long day. We got up at 4:45am Rome time. We made good time here and got in at 12:55pm although Customs was not ready for our flight to land. Global Entry is easy and will be easier once we know what we are doing lol[emoji6] although strangely you have to go back through security check point at least in ATL and TSA Precheck does not work in the International area gong to a connecting flight in Atlanta.

There had been a 3 pm flight that would have gotten us into Vegas 4 hours earlier that we were wait listed for and the two ahead of us got cleared but not us so we have to wait till the 6:40 flight. By the time we get home it will be well over 24 hours since we had been up and about 48 hours of trying to get home.

Sorry to hear about the exhausting end of your trip! Thanks for the great report.