Meet & Greet Activties

Mabks0412

I know on our upcoming cruise, several people want to do something like this. However my family kinda feels left out. We don't drink, we can't be around smoke, we have kids (one is 4) so staying up until 11pm to run around the ship is out of the question... I've found there are others in our roll call that are in the same situation as us. A simple get together one day to meet everyone would be great for us.

Or,..say "Hi" and go about your business....not everyone is into "group" activities!

Right, the meet and greet is about meeting with and talking in real life to the folks you have chatted up on the roll call.

A simple voluntary gift exchange is ok, but the rest is over the top and man will find unacceptable.

Well, we had a really bad cruise weather wise and it would not have been memorable without all of the Meet N Greet activities.

We did a small gift exchange at the Meet N Greet, then different folks took on different activities. We did a cabin crawl with a poker draw game and a slot pull. At the Meet N Greet, we all signed a sheet with our names and cabin numbers for the Coordinator and ended up all getting invited to a Bridge Tour. A lot of us were also invited to Dine with the Officers one night. And there were 8 of us that had birthdays so decided to schedule a Birthday Dinner one night at the steak restaurant.

You really need to discuss this on your Roll Call. I kept a running spreadsheet for those interested in the different events. Not everyone participated at every event. We had 60 at the Meet N Greet, but usually 20-25 at the individual activities and only 11 of us at the Birthday Dinner.

As I said, without the activities, the whole cruise would have been a big bust, but it is up to your group and what they want to participate in. Have a great cruise and lots of fun!

Or,..say "Hi" and go about your business....not everyone is into "group" activities!

That's my preference.

But last cruise sat and talked with one couple for hours, and we are known as loners, just hit if off, rare for us.

Right, the meet and greet is about meeting with and talking in real life to the folks you have chatted up on the roll call.

A simple voluntary gift exchange is ok, but the rest is over the top and man will find unacceptable.

If proposed activities are so unacceptable to many, then the many can just say"no thanks" or "we have plans". No one is going to tie them up and drag them to a slot pull. The OP is just looking for ideas for fun activities, not plotting a mass kidnapping of cruise ship passengers. YIKES! :eek::rolleyes:;)