$71 for a case of water???

taffy12

Yeah, but the point is they want to discourage people from buying it. All those plastic bottles create a whole mess of waste. You can bring your own on the ship with you, but the better option is to bring a refillable water bottle, and drink water for absolutely free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are they insane?? I can buy the same amount on land for $2 or $3!!!! Do people actually spend that???

They serve very nice water at every meal. The buffet has a dispenser for cold tasty water.

Come to think.... there is water all across the ship. Purchasing water on the ship is incredibly silly although not as silly as lugging bottled water onto the ship.

Well, it's not :D nickels & dimes anymore, for sure. Plus, 18% mandatory addition, for the convenience of those who ... :rolleyes: insisted on it (or, worried about drinking desalinated water or sodium, etc.)

Gotta love "Free Style" cruising ;) - just don't fall for it or BYO - a pair of Brita 20 oz. Sport Water Bottle (with filter) + 2 spare filters, good for a total 1,200 bottles - is about $20 at Walmart.

Edited by mking8288

Three thoughts:

1) Lots of water on boat to drink free

2) Yes, the water is expensive if you purchase. However, they are very large bottles and not completely out of line compared to resorts like Disneyworld.

3) You can bring water on. If they took that away I could possibly agree with your whining.

Yeah, but the point is they want to discourage people from buying it. All those plastic bottles create a whole mess of waste. You can bring your own on the ship with you, but the better option is to bring a refillable water bottle, and drink water for absolutely free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NCL apparently doesn't care about all those glass bottles and metal cans of beer, wine and liquor, do they? After all, those are sold for $5 or $6 or $7 for a beer...$25 or $35 and more for a glass bottle of wine.

That's when that "whole mess of waste" is okay.

My wife drinks mucho water and we just bought a 24 pack at Walgreens and slapped a luggage tag on it and bam, it was in our stateroom. I think the water was $8 (which is still ridiculous) and we tipped the luggage handler $1 for that item in addition to our overall bags tip. Anyway, we drink the free water throughout the ship too but the bottle is an easy, non-spillable option for the nightstand each night.

My wife drinks mucho water and we just bought a 24 pack at Walgreens and slapped a luggage tag on it and bam, it was in our stateroom. I think the water was $8 (which is still ridiculous) and we tipped the luggage handler $1 for that item in addition to our overall bags tip. Anyway, we drink the free water throughout the ship too but the bottle is an easy, non-spillable option for the nightstand each night.

Thank you! Yes. I like having water readily available in my room, and I always take one with me ashore.

Are they insane?? I can buy the same amount on land for $2 or $3!!!! Do people actually spend that???

You can't buy the same on land for $2-$3. The price you are quoting is 24 large (liter or possibly 1.5 liter) bottles of Aquafina water. NCL allows you to bring as much bottled water on the ship that you want, and there is plenty of free, good tasting water on the ship. So there is no need for anyone to buy the package, but NCL does make it available for those who want it.

You can buy a case of water for $2 to $3? That's about half what we usually pay. But I agree, $71 makes it very pricey water!

You can bring a case of water on board. We put ours in a duffle bag and then slap a luggage tag on it, and they deliver it to the room. We usually buy it in the port city. I think we paid $8 for a case in Manhattan for our last cruise.

They serve very nice water at every meal. The buffet has a dispenser for cold tasty water.

Come to think.... there is water all across the ship. Purchasing water on the ship is incredibly silly although not as silly as lugging bottled water onto the ship.

+1000 and usually the people who just have to have bottled water are the tree hugger types, ironic.

You can buy a case of water for $2 to $3? That's about half what we usually pay. But I agree, $71 makes it very pricey water!

You can bring a case of water on board. We put ours in a duffle bag and then slap a luggage tag on it, and they deliver it to the room. We usually buy it in the port city. I think we paid $8 for a case in Manhattan for our last cruise.

Why not just drink the free water on board? It is FREE and the smae H2) that you are paying good money for.

Why not just drink the free water on board? It is FREE and the smae H2) that you are paying good money for.

Why not drink the free sea water surrounding the ship? It is FREE and the smae H2) that you are paying good money for. (It's not free to produce potable water onboard either, just because it is not itemized in your bill, does not mean it's free.)

Oh, you don't want the minerals and chemicals? Me neither (chlorine added to ship's water causes water retention), that is why I don't drink water from the taps onboard.

Why not drink the free sea water surrounding the ship? It is FREE and the smae H2) that you are paying good money for.

It's not the same at all. Humans cannot safely drink sea water. It needs to be desalinated. You cannot compare drinking sea water to drinking the desalinated water the ships provide. If a person likes bottled water more than ship water, that's a personal and financial choice, but the difference between them is minuscule compared to sea water.

It's not the same at all. Humans cannot safely drink sea water. It needs to be desalinated. You cannot compare drinking sea water to drinking the desalinated water the ships provide.

Yes, I know that. The point of my post was to sarcastically impersonate pp who always post like they the only correct answer to everything but never bothers to provide details or references to back up their claims.

If a person likes bottled water more than ship water, that's a personal and financial choice...

If you call avoiding medical issues personal choice, then, yeah, it is. Many people have problems with water retention on cruises and the chlorine in tap water (filtered out in dispensers at bars and restaurants to keep their appliances clear of residue) definitely does not help that.

There is a good, justified reason to drink bottled water onboard (especially in the cabin) but some people just feel like they need to judge people who don't share their beliefs.

Yeah, but the point is they want to discourage people from buying it. All those plastic bottles create a whole mess of waste.

Don't be ridiculous. NCL would love to sell as many bottles of that outrageously priced water as they can. They are a business and want your nickels and dimes. As for waste, the bottles are compacted and take up very little space before the cubes are offloaded.

Yes, the price of water on board is outrageous. Yes the CEO makes way too much money. Yes you can drink the water but it is desalinated and not done well so the high sodium content contributes to peripheral edema (swollen ankles and feet). Yes, you can bring your own bottled water on board which makes the waste argument moot.

I guarantee that the price of water will no be the only sticker shock you experience on your cruise. Enjoy your cruise, but go in with your eyes open to the extra costs. The combination of moving away from all inclusive and drastically raising on board prices have caused many loyal NCL customers to try other lines.

What is ridiculous: People buy bottled water that is for the most part taken from a municipal water supply somewhere. We have been deluded into thinking that it is somehow purer.

I wonder if there are any bottled water plants in Flint, Michigan.