Cuba, is Royal Caribbean learning from Carnival mistake?

Has anyone looked at fathom's price schedule for these Cuba cruises?

Forget that $1800. That is an inside cabin for only two cruises in October '16. Then add over $200 in fees, taxes, plus the cost of a Cuban visa. So, figure over $4000 for two for 7 nights, and without on board expense and getting to Miami.

See the rates here:

https://www.fathom.org/cuba-whats-included/#spot

I wonder how much of that goes to the Castro's? You can be certain that some is!

So, does anyone really think RCI is going there any time soon?:cool:

They will follow the money.

You can count on the fact that the Castro regime is benefiting financially from this deal with Carnival. If they weren't, they wouldn't have changed their tune so fast.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yep

Nope.

Unless they want to charge fathom's fares.

Yes, money talks if there are folks willing to line the Castro's pockets for a 7-night cruise that will average over $1000 a day for two persons. :cool:

Nope.

Unless they want to charge fathom's fares.

Yes, money talks if there are folks willing to line the Castro's pockets for a 7-night cruise that will average over $1000 a day for two persons. :cool:

I guess we'll just have to see.

I think Carnival and RCI are jumping the gun with Cuba. Other than seeing a bunch of really old cars, what is there to do and see there? I do not want to go see Communist propaganda. If I want Cuban food, there is plenty right here in South Florida.

• 1 month later...

This is video from the first Carnival sailing that was on local Tampa news the other day. Poor guy arrested just for showing his love of the US. How anyone can go to Cuba and help fund this regime after watching this is beyond me...

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/first-us-cruise-in-decades-arrives-in-havana-from-florida

Edited by coaster

I often wonder what is different about Cuba. People and cruise lines are tripping over themselves to go to China and Vietnam. These are both closed societies where I would not want to be caught bad mouthing the government. In fact if you go to Vietnam you will be given tours when the whole war is turned around. Now, we have this tiny island 90 miles away where the rest of the world goes to vacation. We are allowing 650 people to visit every other week and the sky is falling?

I think Carnival and RCI are jumping the gun with Cuba. Other than seeing a bunch of really old cars, what is there to do and see there? I do not want to go see Communist propaganda. If I want Cuban food, there is plenty right here in South Florida.

because there's more to a vacation than that.

Otherwise, you can find reasons to not travel anywhere. Does your favorite Italian place make you not go to Venice? The fact that a guy down the street has a Renault take Paris off your list?

In South Florida, you get Cuban food, in Cuba, the food is more regional than just the entire island.

There's a lot more history in Cuba than the last 60 years. Heck, most of Havana is far older than Castro and his buddies.

Commies are a bad thing, sure. But there are people there. To the point where a Michigan company is helping restore Hemingway's estate in Cuba.

From what I understand there are some beautiful resorts there. It is a common vacation spot for non-U.S. Citizens.

I imagine a lot of the interest is just that a lot of Americans haven't been there. It is somewhere different that the usual islands. Some of it is that it has been "forbidden." Everyone has different reasons they travel where they do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app