When's the best time to get great deals?

beckstarbaby

My boyfriend and I LOVED cruising for the first time and cannot wait to book one for ourselves (the last one was gifted). Honestly, when's the best time to get some great deals? I always hear of people getting a certain percentage off or drink incentives. We are looking to book for the same time next year in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Go to the websites of each cruise that interests you and sign up for their email/snailmail notifications of specials. Maybe even check out the websites of some large online agencies. You never know what will drop into your mailbox. If you see a good deal, you can book it, but continue to watch fares and if you see them go down, and you are before final payment, you can sometimes be refared to the lower price. Or you can cancel and rebook at the new deal. EM

Book as early as possible and then watch for price adjustments. the cruise line that you choose should adjust your price without penalty up until the date that final payment is due, even if you are paid in full.

There really is no sure thing -- if a particular cruise sells well, there will be price increases and no price cuts -- so the best time would be when the itinerary is first released; if the cruise does not sell well, the best time would be the last minute, after prices have been cut. The fact that cruise lines change prices after the itinerary is listed means that they themselves do not know how sales are going to go --- and they are the experts, so why would you think you could play the market better than them?

The very best time to book a cruise is when the cruise line's capacity system spits out warning that incentives are needed to fill a slow moving cruise. Either that, or the competition is doing it. This can happen any time, on any ship/itinerary. We have grabbed some amazing deals a six weeks before Christmas Carib. sailings. You just never know.

Best bet is to understand which cruise line(s) and ships you prefer and the typical pricing/offers for the time of year that you want to sail. Then sit back and watch.

You can always book a backup cruise early in the process. IF you see something better prior to final payment you can cancel. Or, the cruise price my decrease or some cabin categories may get repriced to a lower rate.