What is your favorite part of cruising?

Alaskan Joe

Including all of the waiting: waiting for the cruise date to get here, waiting at the hotel the night before, waiting in line to check in (I also enjoy interacting with the person doing the check-in), and waiting in the line as we actually board. My anticipation builds until I want to pop! I feel like a little girl anticipating Christmas.

We enjoy all the activities involved with waiting because it's all colored with the knowledge that we'll soon be on the ship.

Then it's finally time and we're off on our advdenture.

I just LOVE crusing!

Such a lovely way to enjoy every aspect of cruising. I have always said the anticipation is so much fun when planning for a special event. Thanks for the inspiration. :):)

Love the researching, reading all the posts, the planning, the anticipation, the trip to the airport, the takeoff...the excitement of knowing I am on my way to the ship...Love cruising[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have 2 cruises under our belts, so as newbies, we still love the ports first. We love snorkeling the Caribbean. How else can you visit 6 different beaches on 6 different islands in 10 days?

We are heading back to the Caribbean in November - for 6 more beaches!

Eventually, when the novelty of that wears off, I can see where old timers prefer the sea days - but we are not there yet.

Don and Allison

I love almost every aspect of cruising. The carefree days, the lack of responsibility, the endless expanse of ocean from my balcony.. but I think one of my favorites is that no one can use their phones. People connect with loved ones and strangers, face to face. I love it.

LOVE 1 Seriously love breakfast every morning in horizon's,1 toasted bagel, spoonful of plastic egg(yes im serious),1 poached egg,1 small sausage, and 2/3 strips of that yellow crispy bacon. I love dipping my bacon in the egg. And getting my coffee delivered in a take-away cup, and eating it outside. Then wandering down to the MDR to see what's for dinner.

Love 2 A slice of the best pizza I have tasted, or a hot-dog and chips.

Love 3 Getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning, having really bad coffee reading my book, and talking to the crew, for an hour then going back to bed and getting up and having breeky.

Love 4 Having my first bundy and coke.

Love 5 Having a feed about 11pm,and no-one is in the buffet

Love 6 Going to the aft end of ship and grabbing a lounger, around the oasis bar, or dragging a lounger up to sun deck 15,and laying down just aft of the funnel structure,quiet,peaceful.No lounger hogs here lol,no-one goes near the place.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Spending time in what is, essentially, a car-free, pedestrian only, waterfront village.

Walk to breakfast.

Walk to a cafe or a pizzeria.

Walk laps on a shaded waterfront promenade (if I avoid Regal/Royal).

Walk to lunch or tea or dinner.

Walk to a show.

Walk to another show or walk to the movies.

Walk to a late-night eating place.

Walk on the promenade deck in the moonlight.

Walk to my hotel.

I don't have to drive or hear cars or traffic. I look at the sea and breath the fresh air. Look at the stars at night. A large beachfront resort can offer some of this...although I have yet to find any with a shaded waterfront promenade. But let's not forget the ports.

As Pam says, ports are a bonus...but what a bonus they can be. DH and I have traveled to wonderful places we would never have seen otherwise, like Samoa or Madeira. We would never have seen them, had we traveled by air and land, because they weren't even on our radar: other places on the itinerary were.

As far as the food goes. It's good, not great. But what is great is how accommodating Princess has been with DH's medically necessary gluten-free dining, and many years before GF dining was popular. I think Princess is doing a better job with salads too. I would like to see more healthy options, but so far I have no problem asking for low sodium or extra vegetables.

Finally, not to be redundant: listening to the wake, not traffic.

Edited by Loreni

Walking up the gangway....no, my breaking my pre-cruise diet with two slices at Pregos...no, getting to the cabin....no, sail away....no, watching DW with first umbrella drink...no, first dinner in the MDR....no, first sunset...no....well you get the picture; everything.

Although those first two Prego slices are hard to beat for me.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Princess pizza is fantastic!

For what everyone else has said, a big ME TOO! And how nice it is to be an early (early) bird and going for coffee and a bit of a read at the International Cafe before heading back to the cabin.

My favorite time is about 2 weeks before the cruise when it's close enough to touch but I still have time to get those last minute work/home errands done. Ah - time to print those luggage tags and slap some packing tape across the top. Drat - I forgot to lose 10 pounds! Guess I'll just bring stretchy stuff. :D

My favorite part is meeting and talking with people from all over the world, i learn a lot and it keeps me humble. It also keeps me grounded to what really matters in life, which is people and treating everyone the same with a smile and a hello or good :)morning everyday

For what everyone else has said, a big ME TOO! And how nice it is to be an early (early) bird and going for coffee and a bit of a read at the International Cafe before heading back to the cabin.

My favorite time is about 2 weeks before the cruise when it's close enough to touch but I still have time to get those last minute work/home errands done. Ah - time to print those luggage tags and slap some packing tape across the top. Drat - I forgot to lose 10 pounds! Guess I'll just bring stretchy stuff. :D

Lol, sure wish CC would put "like" buttons on here. There are soooo many good posts:D:D:D:D

I love everything about cruising, but my absolute favorite thing is sailaway and that feeling of leaving real life and all its pressures behind. And that moment when the captain blows the ship's horn - the cruise hasn't really begun for me until I hear that horn blast as we drift away from reality. Having that moment tomorrow as we sail away on the Grand. Can't wait....[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Being able to do everything or nothing!!

Being about to see different places without having to pack and unpack everytime (no more bus trips for me - nightmare!!)

Being able to meet so many different people - have met so many wonderful people

Enjoying trying new foods

Sitting on the balcony and staring at the water

The smell of the sea

It is the best way to travel solo because everyone is so friendly you never feel alone

At times, I don't even need to get off the ship.

My 2 night pre cruise hotel stay and exploring that city

In other words, I love everything about cruising!!!!!

Only negative - I always miss my fur baby!!

Upcoming cruises

November - RCCL Adventure

January - Regal Princess

Edited by Luv my furbaby

I've cruised on different cruise lines over the years and when we found Princess I knew I was home. The staff are my absolute favorite, the kindest and friendliest staff at sea IMHO. So much so that we are now Platinum after 3 cruises on Princess.

Also, like Pam I like the rocking and rolling and we have experienced some doozies in the Atlantic.

Edited by Duffysmom