Disappointed in RC so we cancelled and booked Carnival

We called RC to add insurance, nope because your a Canadian citizen you can't get it through us, I know it doesn't matter that you can't get cruise insurance through the line but it matters to us because we both have medical problems and can't afford the insurance to put up front and Carnival and RC Personal Vacation Planner RC you just call a call centre and Carnival you speaked to the same person all the time. So my DW says no more RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We called RC to add insurance, nope because your a Canadian citizen you can't get it through us, I know it doesn't matter that you can't get cruise insurance through the line but it matters to us because we both have medical problems and can't afford the insurance to put up front and Carnival and RC Personal Vacation Planner RC you just call a call centre and Carnival you speaked to the same person all the time. So my DW says no more RC.

Sounds like RC isn't for you. Carnival seems like a better fit based on your needs.

Perhaps you should have considered private ins. instead of cruiseline offered insurance anyway. RCI also has vacation planner's you can speak to the same one each time you call if you prefer...personally...this isn't always the best option...speaking to who ever my call is routed to gives me a quick response...I don't care to wait for anyone in particular...JMHO...but you decide to do what's best for you.

Hope you enjoy Carnival ;)

Royal Caribbean insurance is not going to cover pre-existing conditions anyway, so you would have to buy from somewhere else. Make sure whatever insurance you get with Carnival covers pre-existing conditions. Happy sailing!

My DW has depression, anxiety, diabetes, PTSD and I've got Bipolar and were in our 30s and I'm the only one who works.

Sounds like you definitely need a private policy to cover all your specific needs. Not sure how you being the only one who works affects any of this at all. :confused:

They told us that even if you have a CVP it doesn't matter who you talk to. It's easier for us to speak to one person who knows us

You can't buy your insurance through the cruiseline if you want to be covered for pre existing conditions.

Carnival doesn't waive pre existing conditions same as Royal Caribbean and most others. You cancelled your Royal cruise for nothing

Edited by cruisinfanatic

Our conditions don't affect us that we would need a hospital it's more for the fact if one of my family dies, or hers or get injured and my DW feels more comfortable dealing with the cruise line and if she has questions she can talk to her sister

Our conditions don't affect us that we would need a hospital it's more for the fact if one of my family dies, or hers or get injured and my DW feels more comfortable dealing with the cruise line and if she has questions she can talk to her sister

Even if you buy the cruise line insurance, if you have to use it, you will be dealing with an insurance company, not the cruise line.

I have no idea what you meant about your DW's sister and being able to talk to her.