Live from The Crown 4-30-16

arizonaperson

EmbarkAtion was great. We were nboard quickly about 12:30. We had embarkation lunch in the da Vinci dining room about 1 PM closed at 1:30 PM smaller menu two appetizers choice of two entrées and one dessert.

We had embarkation lunch in the da Vinci dining room about 1 PM closed at 1:30 PM smaller menu two appetizers choice of two entrées and one dessert.

Second seating traditional dining is at 7:45pm and first at 5:30pm in Botticelli.da Vinci also has traditional at 5:15pm.

Our captain is Lubrano and cd is Dan Appleby.

Carlos Oscar and Steve moris are the entertainers.

Magic to do,motor city ,and blame it on the boogie are the production shows.

I may try to post the live every day but I may not use my Internet minutes to answer any questions at this time.

Julie

Embarkation was great. We were onboard quickly about 12:30. We had embarkation lunch in the da Vinci dining room about 1 PM closed at 1:30 PM smaller menu two appetizers choice of two entrées and one dessert.

We had embarkation lunch in the da Vinci dining room about 1 PM closed at 1:30 PM smaller menu two appetizers choice of two entrées and one dessert.

Second seating traditional dining is at 7:45pm and first at 5:30pm in Botticelli. Da Vinci also has traditional at 5:15pm.

Our captain is Lubrano and cd is Dan Appleby.

Carlos Oscar and Steve moris are the entertainers.

Magic to do,motor city ,and blame it on the boogie are the production shows.

I may try to post the live every day but I may not use my Internet minutes to answer any questions at this time.

Julie

Thanks for taking the time to take us along on your Wine Country cruise from LA to Vancouver which is one of my favorite itineraries. :)

My Crown cruise ended on the 23rd & everything was the same except for Captain Lubrano replacing Capt. Lawes and Steve Moris is back on your cruise after he skipped our cruise. Hopefully your sea conditions will be smooth as glass like it was for most of our CA Coastal on the Crown.

Our boarding was delayed so we missed the embarkation lunch but have read several posts about the menu changes to only a couple of options. It's still a great way to relax to begin a cruise & better than our lunch at the IC. ;)

Buon Viaggio! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

I don't want Julie to waste her minutes, but maybe someone else can answer my question. What are the two appetizers and the two entrees? I always have the avocado, the raviolis and the salmon. Are these still there??? :eek:

I don't want Julie to waste her minutes, but maybe someone else can answer my question. What are the two appetizers and the two entrees? I always have the avocado, the raviolis and the salmon. Are these still there??? :eek:

Avocado w/shrimp - yes

salmon - usually

ravioli - not lately

beef - usually

They seem to change it up every once in a while, maybe you'll get lucky.

Internet slow so I'll be fast. Sea day today. Great cc mtg. About 30 of us today at meet and greet.

Had toilet issues Baja duck 600 block. Not us but many cabins. Fixed now I think.

Great time. Off to eat again.

Julie

Decided to come to the internet cafe instead of using my ipad as i keep getting "kicked off" CC.

No noro virus precautions. Sea day today and formal night is tonight with captains introduction champagne tower. Hope they have the chocolate pops,love those.

Weather is cloudy foggy, but love having the balcony door open. calm seas right now. Have met lots of nice passengers and crew.

Lots of "things" to do as usual. Music always happening in the atrium.

Bye for now.

San Fran. tomorrow. I might post again tomorrow.

carlos Oscar tonight for a full show. he was great at last nights show even though it was a short version.

Sorry I am not typing so fast that spelling and thoughts are out the 'window" right now.

Maybe I will try i-pad again another day from comfort of ?

Julie

Internet slow so I'll be fast. Sea day today. Great cc mtg. About 30 of us today at meet and greet.

Had toilet issues Baja duck 600 block. Not us but many cabins. Fixed now I think.

Great time. Off to eat again.

Julie

I meant baja deck 600 block. and we did have toilet issues. fixed now I think. many cabins affected. not just ours.

Julie

Decided to come to the internet cafe instead of using my ipad as i keep getting "kicked off" CC.

No noro virus precautions. Sea day today and formal night is tonight with captains introduction champagne tower. Hope they have the chocolate pops,love those.

Weather is cloudy foggy, but love having the balcony door open. calm seas right now. Have met lots of nice passengers and crew.

Lots of "things" to do as usual. Music always happening in the atrium.

Bye for now.

San Fran. tomorrow. I might post again tomorrow.

carlos Oscar tonight for a full show. he was great at last nights show even though it was a short version.

Sorry I am not typing so fast that spelling and thoughts are out the 'window" right now.

Maybe I will try i-pad again another day from comfort of ?

Julie

Thanks for your effort to update us!

Glad you M&G was successful!

In S.F. today. Some sun some clouds,but no rain. Went to the Disney family museum by taxi and then to The Stinking rose for lunch. Walked back to pier 27 where the crown is docked from lunch. Nice walk. It is Italian night in the dining room tonight,but open seating for all as we don't have to be back onboard until 10:30pm. Motor City is the production show tonight.

I hope to post some each day,but my i-pad keeps "kicking" me off cc,not sure why,so in ship internet cafe with no problem.

Just got back from suite,elite,plat. lounge in skywalkers.

Tomorow night(Tues. is captains circle party) a smart casual night-1st time for me that it is not on a formal night.

Cabin toilet still working!:)

Julie

I thank you very much for your hard efforts!

When I did my first (and so far only) live from. . . I went to the internet cafe and they lovely lady who worked there set me and my iPad up with some shortcuts to getting it posted. I would write my post offline and then post when done. Saved the minutes somewhat that way. I also downloaded a free app called pages to do my writings. Hope this helps.

In S.F. today. Some sun some clouds,but no rain. Went to the Disney family museum by taxi and then to The Stinking rose for lunch. Walked back to pier 27 where the crown is docked from lunch. Nice walk. It is Italian night in the dining room tonight,but ...

But after lunch at The Stinking Rose you won't be able to taste anything tonight! Hope you had the Garlic Ice Cream -- it's a wonderful Zen ending [yin and yang from the raw garlic and the soothing cream and cold]!

In S.F. today. Some sun some clouds,but no rain. Went to the Disney family museum by taxi and then to The Stinking rose for lunch. Walked back to pier 27 where the crown is docked from lunch. Nice walk. It is Italian night in the dining room tonight,but open seating for all as we don't have to be back onboard until 10:30pm. Motor City is the production show tonight.

I hope to post some each day,but my i-pad keeps "kicking" me off cc,not sure why,so in ship internet cafe with no problem.

Just got back from suite,elite,plat. lounge in skywalkers.

Tomorow night(Tues. is captains circle party) a smart casual night-1st time for me that it is not on a formal night.

Cabin toilet still working!:)

Julie

Have you tried doing your post offline on your ipad, then logging to wifi when you are ready to send to try beating being "kicked" off while typing?

Just a suggestion:). Keep on posting!

I forgot to say earlier that the soda only sticker was still available on The Crown. My dh purchased it.

Today is a sea day,lots of things to do. Cloudy and cold outside.

Chefs dinner tonight and magic to do show. Captains circle party tonight.

Just finished a nice breakfast in the dining room. May brave the outlet sale in the dining room soon.

Julie

I forgot to say earlier that the soda only sticker was still available on The Crown. My dh purchased it.

Today is a sea day,lots of things to do. Cloudy and cold outside.

Chefs dinner tonight and magic to do show. Captains circle party tonight.

Just finished a nice breakfast in the dining room. May brave the outlet sale in the dining room soon.

Julie

I am enjoying your reports, AP. Thank you.

Can I ask what you mean by "Chefs dinner?" I assume that you are not referring to the "Chef's Table" event, but maybe I'm wrong.

Can I ask what you mean by "Chefs dinner?" I assume that you are not referring to the "Chef's Table" event, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's just one of the themed dining room menus & think they add sorbet before your main course.

It's just one of the themed dining room menus & think they add sorbet before your main course.

Thanks AF.

My wife and I enjoyed the Chef's Table, last week on the Crown, and the Lemoncello sorbet was, in fact, a highlight. :)