6 Drinks and you're out

Six (6) drinks in most states means you are legally drunk and you would fail the breathalyzer device that measures alcohol in expired air as to determine the concentration of alcohol in a person's body.

I guess that will disqualify me from driving the ship:rolleyes:

I sure hope the 6 drink limit isn't true. My wife and I consume way more than that on vacation...especially sea days! We always make sure to get our $$$ worth!

Typical day for us:

Mimosa or 2 with breakfast

About 10 pina coladas each while relaxing by the pool

Glass of wine while getting ready for dinner

Glass of wine with dinner

A few rum & cokes and/or beers at the bars in the evenings

Of course there will be some water in there as well. Gotta stay hydrated!

Two or three Bloody Marys to get started.

At least six beers by lunch.

Then we really start drinking.:eek:

Close. I'm a paramedic, currently working 2 jobs, and about to return to school for nursing!!

Ok, cool.

2 jobs and returning to school? You better get a couple more bottles! :D

Ok, cool.

2 jobs and returning to school? You better get a couple more bottles! :D

Lol....I agree. I have 2 cruises booked currently....one ends the first day of fall semester 2017, and the 2nd one leaves the last day of fall semester 2017....I'm taking biology that semester.....[emoji30] [emoji44]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by FLASHINGLIGHTS83

Six (6) drinks in most states means you are legally drunk and you would fail the breathalyzer device that measures alcohol in expired air as to determine the concentration of alcohol in a person's body.

1) Nobody is driving

2) 6 drinks over 8 to 12 hrs (Noon to midnight) would not put anyone over 75lbs above the legal limit anywhere.

If you're going to be opinionated, at least be informed about your opinion.

That is a "normal" day on vacation??

For you, maybe, but definitely not for me.

2, MAYBE 3 glasses of wine between pre-dinner through after dinner before bed (1 with dinner and MAYBE one before OR one after) is plenty for me.

I know everyone is different, but I like to remember my vacation and your description of "normal" would have me in alcohol poisoning super quick.

There is no need to be judgmental (even though you will deny that's what you were being, you were) The only reason you commented was to say that you don't drink that much. I think on a cruise, the other posted was pretty accurate with the amount consumed during the day, especially with a bev. package.

Why would RCL want to be put in a position where a drunk can sue because he is so p out of his mind and hurt himself or others around him on the ship? This is not just a good move but a very wise one on RCL's part.

Have you been on a Royal Caribbean ship?

You used to be able to purchase bottles in the duty free shop and pay a very small nominal fee to bring them back to your room immediately.

Then the George Smith case.

No more carry out.

Royal is one of the few lines not to offer in room bar setups for purchase either.

And their carry on for wine is pretty restrictive; two per room regardless of cruise length or number of guests in the room. You can sail solo for 3 days and bring on the same amount of wine as a full Royal Suite sailing for 2 weeks.

Went out and bought me a bottle tuesday night....and OMG!!! So incredibly smooth and good after taste of cinnamon. Also, a LOT less sugar then fireball, so its a little...dare I say...healthier!! :):p Thanks for the tip!! Cant wait to cruise with all of you in the future!!

So ya had a good birthday, did ya? ;)

Close. I'm a paramedic, currently working 2 jobs, and about to return to school for nursing!!

Good for you, congrats and happy nurses week ( little late) I worked FT (just one job as a CNA) when I was in nursing school. It was hard and stressful, no lie. 15 years later best job in the world and helps pay for my cruises and drink packages[emoji12][emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is a normal day?

Head to brunch around 11.30am; couple of bottles of beer

Find a shaded spot for the afternoon; bottle of beer every 20 minutes or so.

Diamond Lounge; (free) bottle of beer every 10 minutes maximum.

Dinner; take 2 bottles of beer.

Evening; bottle of beer every 30 minutes on average.

Daily consumption? - roughly 25 bottles

and my wife?

couple of rum and (diet!!) coke with lunch

several rum and (diet!!) coke during the afternoon

switch to wine in Diamond Lounge; around 6 glasses

take two glasses of wine to dinner

rum and (yet more diet) coke every 30 mins of so after dinner

Daily Consumption? - roughly 12 rum and (diet) coke and 2 bottles of wine.

Excessive? nowhere near.

We do have a couple of "party days" on each cruise too so that would add say 50% to our totals.

What is a normal day?

and my wife?

Excessive? nowhere near.

My kind of people.:D

Pip pip cheerio.;)

In my short time looking at CC I've seen a lot of discussion on drink packages and the number of drinks you can have in a day and how quickly you can reorder. I've never seen any discussion on anyone that purchases individual drinks being limited during a day or set time period. Guess if you pay "cash" you can spend as much as you want but if you purchase the package RCL wants to limit the value you can receive from the package.

In my short time looking at CC I've seen a lot of discussion on drink packages and the number of drinks you can have in a day and how quickly you can reorder. I've never seen any discussion on anyone that purchases individual drinks being limited during a day or set time period. Guess if you pay "cash" you can spend as much as you want but if you purchase the package RCL wants to limit the value you can receive from the package.

Actually what we are all saying is that there really is no limit unless you look/act inebriated - and then a bartender might stop serving you.

The only real limit is you and your tolerance.

What is a normal day?

Head to brunch around 11.30am; couple of bottles of beer

Find a shaded spot for the afternoon; bottle of beer every 20 minutes or so.

Diamond Lounge; (free) bottle of beer every 10 minutes maximum.

Dinner; take 2 bottles of beer.

Evening; bottle of beer every 30 minutes on average.

and my wife?

couple of rum and (diet!!) coke with lunch

several rum and (diet!!) coke during the afternoon

switch to wine in Diamond Lounge; around 6 glasses

take two glasses of wine to dinner

rum and (yet more diet) coke every 30 mins of so after dinner

Excessive? nowhere near.

We do have a couple of "party days" on each cruise too so that would add say 50% to our totals.

To me, this seems like someone with a drinking problem.

You say your wife drinks 12 rum and cokes and two bottles of wine per day? By herself? Who you trying to kid.

Party days add 10 drinks to your total? You better get your liver enzymes checked.

Excessive? nowhere near.

I usually ignore these type posts, as they are usually just baiting people into saying that really is excessive, so the poster can then turn around and call those who responded judgmental. But this one involves a lot more consumption than most, so I'm curious...what would YOU consider excessive drinking, if this is not even close??

Your claimed "normal day" beer consumption adds up to about 2.35 gallons (if you assume each is 12 oz). So, that would mean about 3.5 gallons on a "party day." Don't think I'd want to consume that much liquid of any sort. :D

Edited by Paul65

These drink consumption threads are my favourites. Comedy gold.

* Incidentally I think CoupleUK meant to say 2 glasses of wine for his wife, not 2 bottles.

Edited by Frankmac

To me, this seems like someone with a drinking problem.

You say your wife drinks 12 rum and cokes and two bottles of wine per day? By herself? Who you trying to kid.

Party days add 10 drinks to your total? You better get your liver enzymes checked.

I agree with you Marci22. I've seen similar lists given by people on "Intervention"...

* Incidentally I think CoupleUK meant to say 2 glasses of wine for his wife, not 2 bottles.

Nope. He said 6 glasses in the lounge and then another two glasses for dinner, so that's about two bottles, more or less, depending on how generous a pour is in those glasses.

Guess if you pay "cash" you can spend as much as you want but if you purchase the package RCL wants to limit the value you can receive from the package.

Not true. I'm living it on Freedom now. Two or three Bloody Marys in the morning, three or four beers after lunch, two or three cocktails in the CL, and we finished last night with three cocktails in the Connoisseurs Club with cigars. Talked to one of the pool bartenders this am and he said there's no limit unless you look like you've had too many. He said they are all Safe Server certified.

And like the birds chirping the judgments keep coming. If it's not your liver why do you care?

They sound like fun friends to me. And if they're holding their own I don't care.

As they say in AA - whenever you point a finger there are 3 pointing back at you! :):)

Edited by MattInFLL

Hope I'm not judged too severely!

I usually have:

LOTS OF WATER ON AND OFF SHIP, exercise, take vitamins & supplements, walk/jog and climb the stairs a lot!

-A Prosecco/toast each other at one of the bars while touring the ship embarkation day before cabins are ready.

-1 glass of wine at lunch

-1 cocktail at sailaway

-1 wine on balcony depending on schedule

-Cocktail (DH does martini - mine vary) before dinner

-1 or maybe 2 wines with dinner

-1 espresso or cappucino (DH w/Bailey's in it)

-2 drinks at night depending on shows, dancing, etc.

-1 frozen drink poolside on sea days

-Light lemonade if available in machines

On excursion days we stick with water and possibly a local beer at lunch. Then head back to balcony to relax.

We usually have 1 drink a night at home, but vacation is party time to us.

There is no standard limit to how many drinks one can be served regardless if usung the "pay as you go " method, or the drink package, AND CERTAINLY NOT a 6 drink package limit.

Regardless of package or pay as you go, if one shows signs that they ar out of control, and could be a danger to themselves or others, they will not be served another drink at that time.

Cheers all

M

Lol and here I was, worrying that they might say no to me asking for 8 - 10 bottles of water a day for my Royal replenish (yes I love drinking water).

I have to offer the flip side of the coin, just to be fair ;)

I'm a lightweight - 2 glasses of wine for me and the bed is rolling on dry land. I hate to think what I'll be like on the cruise. We're taking our two carry on bottles of wine, then when they run out we'll buy by the glass.