The Roast Beef Sandwich Cult

Had it on the Oasis in 2010, it was to die for. Had it on the Allure in 2015, it was meh. The quality of the roast beef had declined and the rolls weren't as good either. So sad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had it on the Oasis in 2010, it was to die for. Had it on the Allure in 2015, it was meh. The quality of the roast beef had declined and the rolls weren't as good either. So sad.

Same here, on Oasis in 2010 and Allure in 2012, they were great.:D On Serenade this past February, I almost needed a chainsaw to take a bite out of the roll....terrible :(

Have we decided, is there a place to get roast beef sandwiches on the refurbished Jewel? I'd like to try one.

Not sure about since dry dock but pre dry dock were in solarium Cafe on a sea day. I am also nt a big fan either, would eat it again but wouldn't search it out.

Just had them today on the Allure and they were great. Brought back memories from Grandeur last year.

I found they were excellent on our Allure TA last October. Never ate in the Windjammer - preferred the sandwiches in the Park Cafe.

I found they were excellent on our Allure TA last October. Never ate in the Windjammer - preferred the sandwiches in the Park Cafe.

Absolutely agree. Roast beef in Windjammer was not that great at all. The Kumelweck sandwich in the Park Cafe was all that and the bag of chips it came with.

Was on Oasis on January and it was the 1st time to try one, and yes, my wife and I love them. Definitely the best sandwich on the ship, on any ship we've been on. We were very disappointed that the Park Cafe was closed by 5pm.

Roll, au jus on both sides, 2 slices of yummy roast beef and swath of horse radish. The Best!

I guess its different strokes for different folks.

c_wnpBww_KevkBTxiDzuekYjJ-vvuyHtBSR_RnpdcmMN2tu45b0Px9rLjevaTfujK5aqHdCWOWPlAkz9AV9HduVJpeuM6k6o4M7OZvzByeA8UPJGtFKOi0zBU2U6sFcwboqF7CHC9CipvKMJocqzJqdKJssSoPx7l_JZ1dOY6tc-yfLjuvW5KkyHWnW7mT5bl8zxkbNHfPYSVtV-CCr37D7trrtVdcaat1QPzczp7Nuplhl7533SYRN05hAiHu8LZw3LX8lYvCDOkj9l9emMIa6iMpW1GYpjLzaXoiZLt-GAVJq1FcZF1adV_v7ekL_hETQpr2MqcWBT-qZ6l6bu4nGCq7CRB7s13rpRrmWo2BcX0SP6iiDCxMkEbCItKTvs60fVhZouMVfA-bTDpZUPt-NRkmi6DZSGMOLJi77bPwoLQQvgnUlAf9GqIa2-tqXuIbbHFqhrH1rZ7BM9YOdd6uQR5NhHjtrZBj5PFhOORsGW4KoGsVKmtYurjZgGkSClGSxJOillWwHVRtvorSoKzfal52iOfbTFqKeohcbryOlP_5_684WORZP4yVhp2ujq1ysP2Ry-jS2UDTkwsUtf3yZ30NOLLVEr=w1680-h945-no

Not sure about since dry dock but pre dry dock were in solarium Cafe on a sea day. I am also nt a big fan either, would eat it again but wouldn't search it out.

I thought I had read that the Solarium Café was gone post refurb on the Jewel. Its now a pizzeria?

I thought I had read that the Solarium Café was gone post refurb on the Jewel. Its now a pizzeria?

I don't think anything was done to the food venue in the Solarium on Jewel. It always did serve pizza slices.

I think it's like any meat. Sometimes you'll get a tough cut but in most cases it's pretty good. Not a member of the cult but usually have a couple every cruise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Count me in the underwhelmed group as well. I'd read so much about this "famous" RCI sandwich that it was my choice for lunch when we embarked on the Anthem TA. I found the sandwich to be dry (even with the horseradish mayo) and mostly bread.

A few days later, I gave it another try -- I asked for additional meat and asked for the horseradish to be spread on both piece of bread. That made it okay, but nothing special.

Fool me once... well, you know how that goes. :)

It's just a roast beef sandwich, folks.

Well, I think you have to remember that like everything the more it is hyped, the more likely it is to be disappointing. It's easy to have unrealistic expectations. Might be some of that, but also some quality drop. Tried it once on Splendour in 2010 and it was pretty fab! We'll see if we come across it on Harmony in August and give it another try. I really liked it, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

• 11 months later...
Maybe it's running the coarse of the "Honey Stung Chicken" that used to be the talk.....

I miss the honey stung chicken! What they have by that name now is not the same thing.

I am going to have try this in October just to see what's up with it. I will get though sometime during the week, it don't have to be the 1st day.

However people use to crave Honey Stung Chicken and it had a cult following on embarkation day in the Windjammer, but I thought Honey Stung Chicken was very highly overrated!