I'm not cruising to reach Elite...

brianlojeck

Walk away from the computer... LOL. ;)

LOL! I put a $200 deposit down on a future cruise. We don't care if we're elite or whatever status as long as we're cruising. I don't need to wear a lanyard around my neck advertising it.:rolleyes: Keep moving is my only advice.

Really...

I'm not sitting here trying to find the most efficient set of cruises to take... I'm not trying to talk my wife into a suite to Ensenada...

Really...

I can quit whenever I want...

Take the suite to Ensenada, but leave your wife at home. Then you will get three credits. :)

I cruise because I love it. Being Elite is just a bonus, yes I wear my card on a lanyard not to show everyone I am Elite but so as I don't lose it. Same way I wore my card when it was that pretty blue.

Really...

I'm not sitting here trying to find the most efficient set of cruises to take... I'm not trying to talk my wife into a suite to Ensenada...

Really...

I'm not cruising to reach elite either, but pretty soon that'll be a bi product of loving to cruise and loving Princess.

When we started cruising, they did not have elite.... somehow we go there anyway, well over 50 cruises, lost count, on 9 different cruise lines... yes, we are elite on princess, celebrity too... but still prefer Princess.

Have fun getting there.

I did not start cruising to become Elite but it's OK now that I made it. :D

We cruise because we just like it so much and it's better to be on a cruise in January & February then in Boston. It's so Coooooooooold :eek:

Tony

I cruise because I love it. Being Elite is just a bonus, yes I wear my card on a lanyard not to show everyone I am Elite but so as I don't lose it. Same way I wore my card when it was that pretty blue.

Exactly!:)

Edited by Reader0108598

Really...

Really...

Just walk away from the computer and using CC. Join cruisers anonymous and go to their meetings. Repeat after me "I was once a cruising addict" and you can be healed. :D

LOL! I put a $200 deposit down on a future cruise. We don't care if we're elite or whatever status as long as we're cruising. I don't need to wear a lanyard around my neck advertising it.:rolleyes: Keep moving is my only advice.

Hmmm…i did notice your elite status is PROMINENTLY displayed in your signature every time you post here…but i don't see folks doing the "rolleyes"?

Although we do not, carrying your card on a lanyard seems to be a common sense way way to not misplace your card.

just an observation

Really...

Really...

There's no cure for it so don't fight it. Enjoy your next cruise.

Hmmm…i did notice your elite status is PROMINENTLY displayed in your signature every time you post here…but i don't see folks doing the "rolleyes"?

Although we do not, carrying your card on a lanyard seems to be a common sense way way to not misplace your card.

just an observation

Do you see my platinum logo too for Carnival? Both logos cost me thousands of dollars. I also wear my elite button on my hat. I think you're suppose to wear it right? BTW, when we went to the past guest party on Princess, this woman who sat by us asked about our status. I wouldn't tell her. She insisted unless we were elite, we shouldn't be at the party enjoying drinks. She whipped out her card like it was the ultimate status symbol. After a couple glasses of wine, my mouth started running. She got up and left.:D

P.S. I keep my card in my pants pocket along with my cell phone.

Edited by elliair

just an observation

Yes, maybe common sense, but I would rather wear a nice piece of jewelry. Personally, I carry my card in a small leather card case or small wristlet when I am also bringing my phone. Better yet wear clothes that have pockets. Luckily, I haven't lost a card yet.

Hey, one could tout they wear platinum jewelry and they wouldn't be wrong.:D

Do you see my platinum logo too for Carnival? Both logos cost me thousands of dollars. I also wear my elite button on my hat. I think you're suppose to wear it right? BTW, when we went to the past guest party on Princess, this woman who sat by us asked about our status. I wouldn't tell her. She insisted unless we were elite, we shouldn't be at the party enjoying drinks. She whipped out her card like it was the ultimate status symbol. After a couple glasses of wine, my mouth started running. She got up and left.:D

P.S. I keep my card in my pants pocket along with my cell phone.

Suppose to wear it? Since when was that a requirement?

btw- if status isn't important why bother advertising it especially on a ship that has several hundred of others in the same category ?

I don't need to wear a lanyard around my neck advertising it.

You are in good company then. I think most of us don't wear lanyards for that reason. :rolleyes:

Cruising is an expensive addiction but it pales in comparison to the cost of others, so I'm happy. But don't cruise solely to achieve a loyalty level. Like most things in life, it's the journey, not the destination that is most important.

OP (brianlojeck)

i am sorry if my earlier comment concerning someone else's post here got your topic off point (hijacked?)...

i just felt that an ignorant/hypocritical statement (in my opinion) about how someone else chooses to hold onto their cruise card (lanyard) was lacking merit and worth a response.

i will shut up now…have a GREAT CRUISE!! let us know how it unfolds!

Edited by tml1230
misspelled word

OP (brianlojeck)

i am sorry if my earlier comment concerning someone else's post here got your topic off point (hijacked?)...

i just felt that an ignorant/hypocritical statement (in my opinion) about how someone else chooses to hold onto their cruise card (lanyard) was lacking merit and worth a response.

i will shut up now…have a GREAT CRUISE!! let us know how it unfolds!

Hey, CC is all about opinions.....and Hijacking ......OP was joking...I had to go back to see what you wrote.....I personally though it had merit....so I m having my laughs for this morning.....enjoy life.....

BTW..on a recent cruise I had someone tell me that I looked like I was on my first cruise..because #1 I was dressed up and #2 I was acting like it...IOW..I was enjoying myself

What...?????

Edited by land lover

Just walk away from the computer and using CC. Join cruisers anonymous and go to their meetings. Repeat after me "I was once a cruising addict" and you can be healed. :D

This just may be the perfect example of the cure being worse than the disease. I am a cruiseaholic and I do not want to be cured. :D

OP, enjoy your journey to elite.....and then keep enjoying the journies.

Suppose to wear it? Since when was that a requirement?

btw- if status isn't important why bother advertising it especially on a ship that has several hundred of others in the same category ?

It's not a requirement. But it does have a pin on the end of it and a device to attach to the pin. Should I put it in the drawer with all my other pins from Carnival? I put it on my ball cap that I wear when I walk. There's 2 initials on my ball cap "SD." People ask what the SD stands for and I tell them "***** Disturber." Actually, I purchased it in San Diego when we stopped there on a coastal cruise.

I don't take myself that seriously. I enjoy a good joke and a prank now and then.:D

Edited by elliair