Elite member benefits

bogofman

We used our Elite Celebrity benefits on the Allure of the Seas, and I can't emphasize enough how much we enjoyed having the three drinks placed on our sea card rather than having to go to the Diamond lounge. It is fun to check out the bars on board, and while the free drink menu was limited, it definitely got the job done.

So, if anyone from Celebrity is reading this, maybe you can consider putting the free drink benefit on our cards rather than having to go to the Elite lounge during very limited hours.

Does anyone remember if the cappuccino in the elite "coffee style" breakfast is actually a barista-made cappuccino? Or is it coming out of a machine? Those are a waste, in my opinion.

I think you are missing the point of the Elite cocktail hour....it is not just about free drinks, it is about meeting interesting fellow cruisers in a nice relaxing environment, with a host availability if you have any questions or requests.

Even with a drinks package and access to Michael's Club we will still enjoy popping into the Elite lounge!

No idea where the coffee comes from in Tuscan but it is tasty as is the Bellini....again we will pop in during the cruise if we just want a light breakfast and a great view!

I think you are missing the point of the Elite cocktail hour....it is not just about free drinks, it is about meeting interesting fellow cruisers in a nice relaxing environment, with a host availability if you have any questions or requests.

I totally agree. I have met some really nice people at that event. I feel it is always better when it's quieter and there aren't so many Elites and above on the cruise. It gives a better chance of sitting and talking properly. I believe that when Celebrity first introduced the Elite cocktail event they wanted the emphasis to be on a social gathering, but as more and more have attained the status required to attend that has to some extent been lost, especially with vouchers.

Phil

I totally agree. I have met some really nice people at that event. I feel it is always better when it's quieter and there aren't so many Elites and above on the cruise. It gives a better chance of sitting and talking properly. I believe that when Celebrity first introduced the Elite cocktail event they wanted the emphasis to be on a social gathering, but as more and more have attained the status required to attend that has to some extent been lost, especially with vouchers.

Phil

Ditto, met some really nice people in the Cocktail Hour, even the Breakfast meeting.

I for one enjoy the Elite cocktall hour as you meet fabulous people up there. We've made wonderful friends that if we were going to various bars on the ship wouldn't have had the same opportunity.

The cappuccino we had in January on the Summit at the elite breakfast were made by their barista and not a machine.

I second that. I love the elite cocktail hour in the lounge!!

And I second the cappuccino as made by their barista as well.

As for the value of the Elite perks, I really enjoy the Elite Cocktail Hour. Appetizers and drinks (from a limited menu) are available. The laundry coupon is good for socks, undies, t-shirts, and some shorts. Not sure if I would send my nicer items. The Internet sounds good but on our last cruise, I was able to retrieve one message in 40 minutes as it was so slow. So that used up nearly 50% of my free minutes. I was not the only one in that situation. Other pool souls had paid $$$ for the service.

I have never been able to get a straight answer from anyone at X, either on board or the CC folks why we get the same number of coupons whether one is on a seven day or a fourteen day cruise. Also, never done a BTB but gives rise to the question if for example you are on two seven day segments do you get a separate set of coupons for each segment? If so then why wouldn't X give you double if on a fourteen day?

I have never been able to get a straight answer from anyone at X, either on board or the CC folks why we get the same number of coupons whether one is on a seven day or a fourteen day cruise. Also, never done a BTB but gives rise to the question if for example you are on two seven day segments do you get a separate set of coupons for each segment? If so then why wouldn't X give you double if on a fourteen day?

If they are using coupons, you get three per day all on the first day. There are two days when there is no coupons, embarkation day and Senior Officer party. If you do a B2B the coupons for the second leg is given to you on the turnaround day.

Nthe coupons, when used, are three per person per day and, they have dates on them . It's not just a bundle of generic coupons, and the length of the cruise doesn't matter, it's three per person per day except for embark day (none) and senior officers party night (none)

If they are using coupons, you get three per ,day all on the first day. There are two days when there is no coupons, embarkation day and Senior Officer party. If you do a B2B the coupons for the second leg is given to you on the turnaround day.

I'm not talking about drink coupons. Referring to the Internet, laundry etc.

I'm not talking about drink coupons. Referring to the Internet, laundry etc.

You get your coupons on embarkation day. Length of cruise makes no difference, you get the same number. On B2Bs, you get them on the first day of the second leg.

Because the coupons are per cruise, irrespective of sailing days. So a B2B would get 2 sets as it's sold as 2 separate cruises.

Because the coupons are per cruise, irrespective of sailing days. So a B2B would get 2 sets as it's sold as 2 separate cruises.

Poppyandnanna raises a good point. If we are talking specifically about laundry coupons (that I find useful), sister company Azamara give one for each 7 days. I don't know why we don't get the same on Celebrity. It seems a no brainer to me that on a longer cruise you've got more laundry to do.

Phil

Poppyandnanna raises a good point. If we are talking specifically about laundry coupons (that I find useful), sister company Azamara give one for each 7 days. I don't know why we don't get the same on Celebrity. It seems a no brainer to me that on a longer cruise you've got more laundry to do.

Phil

Remember you can't use the coupons on the last 3 days, so really on a 7 night cruise, you may not have accumulated much dirty washing in the first couple of days - some pax possibly don't even bother using their coupons, unless they have a pre cruise stay. Whereas longer cruises will produce more dirty linen, so more pax would use their coupons for larger loads. Unsure if the 3 day rule applies if you're completing a B2B? I can see where you are coming from, but X are in this business to make money and so want you to pay for that extra laundry ;).

Never send my stuff out, only my DH's and a few of the kids ;). Would be interesting to hear if it's mainly the male of the species' clothes that go in the free bags :D.

Hi... The only time I have eaten the CC breakast in the specialty dining room was in 2013 on Constellation. It included a continental breakfast champagne, mimosas, and vodka and orange. Is this still the standard??.I was quite impressed by the layout and the choice of drinks and food.

We are considering the Infinity through the canal in december and I was wondering if the breakfast is still the same

Thanks

Sharon

Hi... The only time I have eaten the CC breakast in the specialty dining room was in 2013 on Constellation. It included a continental breakfast champagne, mimosas, and vodka and orange. Is this still the standard??.I was quite impressed by the layout and the choice of drinks and food.

We are considering the Infinity through the canal in december and I was wondering if the breakfast is still the same

Thanks

Sharon

My understanding is that Celebrity are trying to get this as a standard. It was served on Constellation like this last September. The issue is the US Public Health rules governing the serving of buffet food which isn't allowed on carpet. It has to be served restaurant style. I say trying because individual ships have made their own decisions when the ship has been outside of the US and not subject to the rules. I'd say a Canal transit should be the sit down affair again.

Phil

My understanding is that Celebrity are trying to get this as a standard. It was served on Constellation like this last September. The issue is the US Public Health rules governing the serving of buffet food which isn't allowed on carpet. It has to be served restaurant style. I say trying because individual ships have made their own decisions when the ship has been outside of the US and not subject to the rules. I'd say a Canal transit should be the sit down affair again.

Phil

While we haven't been on the Infinity within the last year we were on her from February 15th through the end of March in 2015. We were on a B2B2B South American cruise series (Buenos Aires to Antarctica followed by BA to Valparaiso followed by V. through the Panama Canal back to Ft. Lauderdale). At that time my husband remembers that the Elite/Elite + breakfast was not served buffet style on any of those legs but was served restaurant style (ie, folks were seated and ordered from a small menu). I never attend so hopefully his memory is correct.

While we haven't been on the Infinity within the last year we were on her from February 15th through the end of March in 2015. We were on a B2B2B South American cruise series (Buenos Aires to Antarctica followed by BA to Valparaiso followed by V. through the Panama Canal back to Ft. Lauderdale). At that time my husband remembers that the Elite/Elite + breakfast was not served buffet style on any of those legs but was served restaurant style (ie, folks were seated and ordered from a small menu). I never attend so hopefully his memory is correct.

I think this is what Celebrity want. It just depends upon cruise itinerary and Hotel Director. If it's any US ports then I think it safe to assume sit down.

Phil

Phil

Let's stretch it out a bit. Say you are on a 21 day cruise. One gets the same amount of Internet time, laundry, speciality coffees, gelato, so forth and so on as for a four day. Does X even have four day cruises? In any event.....

Let's stretch it out a bit. Say you are on a 21 day cruise. One gets the same amount of Internet time, laundry, speciality coffees, gelato, so forth and so on as for a four day. Does X even have four day cruises? In any event.....

The most I've ever seen on Celebrity is a 16-day cruise. Constellation did 3,4,5, and more day cruises out of FLL this past year.

For the shorter cruises, the coupon is for 20 pieces vs. longer cruises 30 pieces.

I'm happy with whatever Celebrity gives me.

As for the internet, we get 240 minutes each. If Celebrity continues with the unlimited package for $199 with an Elite + 35% discount, I'll gladly turn in my minutes, and my wife can use her 240 minutes just to logon/logout to keep up with the e-mails.

The most I've ever seen on Celebrity is a 16-day cruise. Constellation did 3,4,5, and more day cruises out of FLL this past year.

For the shorter cruises, the coupon is for 20 pieces vs. longer cruises 30 pieces.

I'm happy with whatever Celebrity gives me.

As for the internet, we get 240 minutes each. If Celebrity continues with the unlimited package for $199 with an Elite + 35% discount, I'll gladly turn in my minutes, and my wife can use her 240 minutes just to logon/logout to keep up with the e-mails.

Is the $199 just for one week for one device? If so it sounds high. RCCL is $15 a day. We get a $30 Diamond Discount so I bought it at the end of the cruise and had unlimited internet for 3 full days for $15. My husband used his free day earlier in the cruise and logged on from a Wednesday afternoon to a Thursday afternoon for free.

We did a B2B on the Silhouette in December and again in April. On both occasions, the Elite breakfast was buffet style with no hot items except for premade toast. Such items as fruit, cheese, lunch meats, and sweet rolls. You could also have specialty coffee, bloody mary, fruit smoothies as well as the normal breakfast drinks.

I completely understand the idea of meeting fellow Elite passengers in the lounge during breakfast and cocktail hour. However, the cocktail hours are limited. Also, on Royal Caribbean, they continue to have the Diamond Lounge available for guests to mingle, in addition to having the three drinks per member added directly onto the SeaPass card.

My point was that Celebrity should consider adding the drinks to the card in addition to keeping the lounge open. If it works for Royal, it should be considered for Celebrity as well. Keep the option open and allow for more flexibility.

Thanks for the specialty breakfast answers regarding the coffee. I'll be sure to check it out on Millennium in a few weeks.

Is the $199 just for one week for one device? If so it sounds high. RCCL is $15 a day. We get a $30 Diamond Discount so I bought it at the end of the cruise and had unlimited internet for 3 full days for $15. My husband used his free day earlier in the cruise and logged on from a Wednesday afternoon to a Thursday afternoon for free.

I believe it is $149 for unlimited internet on a 7 day cruise. I am on your Bermuda cruise. See you next Sunday! :D