HAL ships on new PTZtv webcam in Juneau

emmy

I checked and did not see a thread about the new PTZtv webcam by David and Lou in Juneau.

I have been watching the wonderful scenic views of Alaska and HAL ships the last few days. It has been up and running since last week.

http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam just arrived.

13247705_10153685092506693_2210534854285400243_o.jpg

This is the best webcam ever - so cool to see the float planes land etc. and get really closeup views of the town.

Not quite as exciting at the Maho Beach cam plane landings and take-offs but it is cool :)

Weatherwise today in Juneau looks a lot like the day we were there in September 2007.

Edited by Boytjie

Glad to see Lou and Dave expanding again. The Sail-away Addicts can now have a summer fix!

Thanks for the information, Emmy!

Yes more sail aways and sail ins to watch. It certainly is a different view and experience than the other PTZtv webcams.

Just watched sunrise at 3 am there. :)

13220609_10153686181236693_4256169467127116471_o.jpg

I am really enjoying this webcam and thanks you again for posting bout it.

With the Juneau port schedule in hand you can really plan your viewings once factoring in the time differences.

I like this cam better than the others: a much more up close and personal view. Yesterday's tendering from the N. Amsterdam was fun!

Lining her up with the port agent's assistance - Good position! :) S/O making sure the gangway is clear of bollard #6 - They use a forklift in Juneau (and Ketchikan) for the mooring lines - No white pickup trucks ;)

Edited by Copper10-8

That's the same huge forklift they use to position the shore-side gangway in place. You can easily see the Deck officer in charge of the fwd mooring on the stbd diving platform

Edited by Copper10-8

Should be able to hear the staff captain give the command "You can accept the gangway" but they have to wait for the forklift to be done with the line handling

Edited by Copper10-8

Too bad one of the HAL ships had to tender. Getting too many cruise ships in Alaska nowadays. Thanks for the beautiful webcam!!

The Niew Amsterdam and Solstice alternate each week between anchoring (AMP) and using the pier (AJD) until September 5.

My first HAL ship and I still love her best! We had gloomy weather in Juneau our first and second times.

Thanks Copper for your info!:)

Little bit different perspective than Port Everglades/FLL; arrivals and departures! ;)

Next event: AMDM's departure tonight at 2100 hrs local

ZADM's arrival and departure, tomorrow; 25 MAY 16 @ 1000 local and departure @ 2200 local