GS Coffee Machine

I noticed the GS have a coffee machine, does RCI supply coffee or do we need to bring some with us and if so is there some where to find what is needed.

We will be on the explorer and the vision.

Thanks

Coffee is supplied.

oh bob you have made my day :) :):)

Before you get too excited.........the coffee maker provided is a 1 cup Mr. Coffee type machine with pods that are larger than they should be and it makes more of a mess than it is worth.

You will also have an electric tea kettle and what I do is bring along Folger's Classic Roast Singles So much easier and less of a mess. Make it like I'm making tea at home and it tastes like freshly brewed coffee.

Here is a picture of the in-suite coffee/tea service

2rxk1uw.jpg

Edited by cruisenfever

I noticed the GS have a coffee machine, does RCI supply coffee or do we need to bring some with us and if so is there some where to find what is needed.

We will be on the explorer and the vision.

Thanks

I travel with packets of Starbucks Via Italian Roast and packets of coffee mate. Based on where you traveling, are the ships may not have half and half or cream minis in your stateroom. (In some places, they have minis of milk.) I don't use the coffee maker as I prefer Via (using the hot water kettle.)

Suites also have a coffee carafe, so I normally just take that for WJ in the morning and fill that, then we go to chops for breakfast

We take our covered coffee mugs with us, fill them and enjoy a coffee walk along

the deck at sunrise. :)

Have never seen a coffee carafe in the GS cabins.

They were in Liberty a few weeks ago and also on Navigator on my 2 cruises, but it doesn't surprise me if there not on all ships, carafe were black.

The coffee in the CL is superior to any you can brew in your stateroom. It's one of the perks we have enjoyed by being in a full suites. :D

Check out the link below from my wife's website. The first few pictures are of the CL. The coffee maker is similar on every ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

A little off topic, but our OS on Oasis had a French press and tea kettle to heat the water. It made a pretty good cup of coffee once I figured out how to use it.

Interesting. We've only had the Mr. Coffee 1-cup in the suites we've been in so far. I can't figure out why they supply those coffee filter pads that are way too big. Last year we were 2 weeks in an OS on Freedom. I brought my own smaller coffee pads I found on Amazon, can't remember the brand, and they were slightly better. Next cruise I'll be bringing the Folger's Coffee singles. It's easy to go to the lounge for a good cup, but on Harmony we're on deck 8, and I think the lounge is up on 16. So yeah, a little lazy, but we're early risers and it's nice to enjoy that first cup on the balcony and watch the sun rise, without having to leave the cabin.

As for the carafe, I've never seen one supplied in a suite, but you could easily order coffee from room service and hold onto it.

The carafe is sitting next to the coffee maker in the above picture. I believe it is actually a tea kettle, but most of us from the US do not make tea, ergo, use as a carafe.

And that's why the kettles sometimes smell like coffee. I've had mine replaced by the steward before. It's not a carafe.

They were in Liberty a few weeks ago and also on Navigator on my 2 cruises, but it doesn't surprise me if there not on all ships, carafe were black.

That wasn't a carafe, but a tea kettle. and yes it is black. Did it look like what is posted in the picture above?

And that's why the kettles sometimes smell like coffee. I've had mine replaced by the steward before. It's not a carafe.

I always check the inside of the kettle and now I know why sometimes it looks black inside. UGH!!!!

The coffee in the CL is superior to any you can brew in your stateroom. It's one of the perks we have enjoyed by being in a full suites. :D

Check out the link below from my wife's website. The first few pictures are of the CL. The coffee maker is similar on every ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

That's why I like access to the CL AND the DL, so I can go to either one in case

one has a broken coffee machine (and they break a lot :() I can go to the other.

Also if one is out of milk for my treasured Latte!

New suites lounge on some ships will keep us down to just the DL, unless we opt for the GS. :(

Suites also have a coffee carafe, so I normally just take that for WJ in the morning and fill that, then we go to chops for breakfast

The carafe is sitting next to the coffee maker in the above picture. I believe it is actually a tea kettle, but most of us from the US do not make tea, ergo, use as a carafe.

Oh, please don't do that. Many of us from the US make tea, not to mention the other nationalities that are onboard the ships, and they aren't cleaned well enough in between uses (if at all) to get the coffee residue out. It really ruins the taste of the hot water.

We bring our own instant coffee and use the tea kettle to heat up water. We usually bring enough for a day or two and then find something in one of the ports. We've found some nice coffee - Kona in Hawaii, a darker type of Nescafe instant in Greece. It's all an adventure.

One big peeve I have is that in the US markets they only give us Coffeemate for whitener. We've been on ships overseas or repositioning from Australia that provide cream or milk (all in the little packets). I can get some from the WJ, but it doesn't keep long in the semi-fridge, and it's a pain.

And another peeve is that many ships in Europe and Australia have the tea kettles in every cabin, but when they reposition to the US, the kettles disappear except in the JS and higher. Why is that?

Other than that, it's all good.;)

Enjoy your cruise.

The link didn't show up. Sorry about that. :o

Here it is below.

Around the ship

Thanks everyone for everything, including the kettle duel role, we drink but hubby is the biggest tea snob I know, so his water important, will be checking that out on arrival.

I was planing on taking some instant type satchels, but i am a espresso base girl, so very glad to hear we get that in the lounge... not buying a drinks package for a couple a day.

Thanks again for the insights.

We just got off of the Explorer and it had the single serve coffee maker and a tea kettle. It also came with full pot filter packets of Starbucks that did nothing but make a huge mess and most of our towels were soaked with coffee. We thought it would be awesome having the coffee in our cabin but after trying to use it twice we just completely gave up.

Patty