Have to cancel our cruise, where on the website...

cruzinfamilyof4

We have to cancel our cruise that is in January. I have searched the website/My Princess and can't find where to do this myself. I don't actually have to call Princess to do it do I? Thanks for any help!!

Princess or your Travel Agent, depending on how you booked.

If you booked direct with Princess and are before final payment, it's easy and free.

After final payment, it's easy but will cost you $$.

We have to cancel our cruise that is in January. I have searched the website/My Princess and can't find where to do this myself. I don't actually have to call Princess to do it do I? Thanks for any help!!

I believe the only way is to call Princess to cancel.

Yeah, you actually have to call them. Have never really understood why they don't support cancels on the Princess website - Celebrity's website allows that.

You need to call direct as noted. Having you call means (depending on reason for cancellation) they can try to find other options as opposed to just losing the cabin (especially before final payment, after that they have your money)

If you booked at the Princess web site, and did not transfer it to a travel agent after booking, you will have to contact Princess directly to cancel your cruise.

The terms and conditions can vary with each reservation and you should read them before cancelling, although if you have to cancel, you have to cancel as that is the option.

Not all reservations deposits are refundable as they do have certain sale through out the year to where the deposit is not refundable.

I dreaded having to call them to cancel the one time I had to. I was worried they would try to sell me on staying, work me on it, etc. Or even just ask probing questions I didn't feel like answering. (I don't like the phone, so I was nervous anyway.)

Was exceedingly simple. I said I need to cancel, they asked for booking number, asked if I wanted to book anything else (not a sales pitch, just an inquiry), I think one other question, and done.

It would still be better for someone with a phone phobia like me to have a cancel button on the web, but I can say that, in my case at least, it was painless.

Call them. At least you haven't passed the final payment date so the financial element shouldn't be too bad. the best remedy for cancelling a trip is planning a new one.

Edited by LoriPhil

Its actually quite an easy process. I have done it before. People on the phone are very nice and it was all cancelled within 2 minutes and they sent a cancellation notice out to my email address.

Don't understand why people are afraid of ringing to cancel.

Its not being afraid, its just having to negotiate the refund and not deal with the banter about putting it to another cruise. Celebrity has a 'cancel' function on the internet. Much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You need to call direct as noted. Having you call means (depending on reason for cancellation) they can try to find other options as opposed to just losing the cabin (especially before final payment, after that they have your money)

I have never had Princess customer service even ask why when we have canceled a cruise prior to final payment date. They just handle the transaction professionally. No problem as all just call, give them the cruise information and they will take care of it quickly and efficiently.

The only complication is if the cruise was booked under a special offer with a non-refundable deposit. In which case the person will simply state that fact and make sure that the person calling is aware.

Edited by RDC1

Its not being afraid, its just having to negotiate the refund and not deal with the banter about putting it to another cruise. Celebrity has a 'cancel' function on the internet. Much better.

Princess usually answer the phone within a minute or two. There is no negotiation or banter. You just give them the information. They cancel it and process the deposit refund.

My experience with the Celebrity website is that often it has problems and may or may not work correctly. Their customer service lines have much much longer wait times. I prefer Princess's process.

Edited by RDC1

Never had to negotiate anything nor put up with banter about another cruise.

Simply "Sorry I'm going to have to cancell" money back on CC a few days later.

I once cancelled two weeks prior to departure. As others have stated, it was easy, and the telephone agent was very gracious. A few weeks later a partial refund arrived in the mail.

We had a difficult situation arise in my wife's family. I know she did not want to ask me about cancelling. So, I just told her, "The right thing to do is to cancel the cruise. I'm going to call Princess." I am of the opinion that it is always easy to do the right thing. There ar circumstances where "losing" money is absolutely not a consideration. This was one of them.

If you used an agent(I hope you did!)then it will be their job to do the leg work. Make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing. Nothing worse than he said/she said.

I sure hope somebody set you right and answered your question. You only get so many answers before you get your answer. OH! I don't know the correct answer.

I do know, we have done it before. Booked direct and when it is before the final payment date (the OP's cruise is in January so that would be the case), call and cancel, no fuss and no muss. No problemo. Booked with an agent, depends on their policy. Some have cancellation fees, the better ones don't. The only possible issue other than that is if there is a non-refundable deposit. Still no problem to cancel, just no deposit refund.

Edited by ar1950

You have to call , only RCL can you do it on line.

Princess usually answer the phone within a minute or two. There is no negotiation or banter. You just give them the information. They cancel it and process the deposit refund.

My experience with the Celebrity website is that often it has problems and may or may not work correctly. Their customer service lines have much much longer wait times. I prefer Princess's process.

I had to cancel one last week so my experience of negotiation is fresh. Never had to call Celebrity as everything I need to do is on the website.