MDR Menu Changed

zjc

Hi All

Currently on Naviagtor of the Seas sailing out of Southampton and the MDR menu is significantly different to all my previous Royal cruises.

Even down to the Classics section which has changed from what it usually is which has thrown me out of sorts with my diet needs.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is Royal adjusting the menu to suit the UK market or if it's a general MDR change? I've never sailed on a Royal ship from the UK before always been from the Med or Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks

Sjc

Hi All

Currently on Naviagtor of the Seas sailing out of Southampton and the MDR menu is significantly different to all my previous Royal cruises.

Even down to the Classics section which has changed from what it usually is which has thrown me out of sorts with my diet needs.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is Royal adjusting the menu to suit the UK market or if it's a general MDR change? I've never sailed on a Royal ship from the UK before always been from the Med or Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks

Sjc

I heard the menus were changing and I hope this is the case. But, last year we sailed from Dubai to Istanbul and the menus were very from the standard RCCL menus. The menus on that cruise included alligator , kangaroo and lots of lamb and shrimp. So, it may be an adjustment for the current itinerary .

In any case, enjoy!

M

We were just on Jewel in the Mediterranean. Same menus as we've had before. Would live to see a picture of a "new"menu. Giovanni's was new on Jewel and they had a different menu than we've had before. And IMHO....not as good. I think they're testing new menu. Rumor has it that they're changing MDR menus.....and that would be good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Can you post a picture of the 'new' menu ? :)

I will try to take one off the cabin TV tonight for this evenings menu and get a proper photo tomorrow.

There's a few of the old favourites on there but it's mixed in with a lot more dishes that are not the usual.

The chicken has gone from the classics and tonight there was a half roast chicken along with 2 curries on the menu from what I remember.

Starters have seen minimal change

I'd love it if they would bring back the curries and other Indian food that used to be on each night's menu!

Indian food is usually available upon request. Maybe not the first night, but if you speak to the headwaiter, they can usually arrange something for subsequent nights.

The menu is for the British market.

2 curries every night, one veggie the other meat.

Under the classics you will find a pie of some sort, e.g steak and kidney, chicken and leek, Irish pot pie.

You know how we Brits love our curries and pies;):D

We have had a similar menu on Indie and Adventure over the past couple of years.

The galley and wait staff were getting to grips with the new menu on the Navigator TA which was the first time they did it,

Yorkshire pudding with roast beef was a hit.

We only had 380 UK guests on the TA, I think the menu was a bit if a shock for our US cousins .

Edited by heatherb1958

We were on the Indy transatlantic 2 weeks ago - they changed from the US to the UK menus for our sailing, but they were the same as they've always been in the UK (and generally that does include a couple of curries each night).

I heard the menus were changing and I hope this is the case. But, last year we sailed from Dubai to Istanbul and the menus were very from the standard RCCL menus. The menus on that cruise included alligator , kangaroo and lots of lamb and shrimp. So, it may be an adjustment for the current itinerary .

In any case, enjoy!

M

Kangaroo, that is too funny.

After I climbed the Sydney Harbour bridge we went to a pub and saw kangaroo and alligator pizza on the menu. I am not veggie but have a rule that I will eat any animal that is not still cute when it is an adult . So my pizza was alligator and ham :)

Setsail;

I asked on the ship and they told me it was the same menu as it always is. Having sailed on Royals it's not the same but I kept getting told it was the same.

I've got some pictures to post but as everyone has said in the thread it sounds like it's a UK Menu. I have to say as a UK cruiser I think I prefer the US menu. they may have a gone a little overboard on the typical British dishes.

I will try to post when I get 3G, the VOOM Wi-Fi is shocking

Sailed out of Barcelona a few times and the menus were more or less as in the USA , I did not notice a leaning towards Spanish items. To be honest the only time there were a lot of Spanish onboard an RCI ship was when Adventure sailed out of Malaga, sailings out of Barcelona have a more mixed nationality.

Sailed out of Barcelona a few times and the menus were more or less as in the USA , I did not notice a leaning towards Spanish items. To be honest the only time there were a lot of Spanish onboard an RCI ship was when Adventure sailed out of Malaga, sailings out of Barcelona have a more mixed nationality.

So I guess I shouldn't expect more Italian sailing from Rome. Darn.

Cool. I generally have no issues with Spanish food other than fish. Yuck!! [emoji23][emoji23]

So I guess I shouldn't expect more Italian sailing from Rome. Darn.

I am all about Italian food!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I assume it's shockingly bad.

It's shockingly bad when trying to load webpages but strangely if you try to stream it works like a dream which is so odd

The speed isn't above 0.2mbps and the Ping is in the 700-800 range but try to stream and it works fine try to load a webpage and your waiting hours.

As for the Harmony menu that's different from the one on here, we have the old style menu e.g. saffron just varying dishes

We were just on Jewel in the Mediterranean. Same menus as we've had before. Would live to see a picture of a "new"menu. Giovanni's was new on Jewel and they had a different menu than we've had before. And IMHO....not as good. I think they're testing new menu. Rumor has it that they're changing MDR menus.....and that would be good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Im gonna ask off topic. Did MDR on Jewel deliver good food? Doin the same route in July :)

I'll have the Mushroom Vol-Au Vant and some Lobster Bisque plaease... followed by Filet Mignon ;)

Thanks for posting. Presuming there's some variation each night ?

I had the same! The fillet was delicious [emoji899]. Yes different left side every night.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk