My daughters virgin daiquiris on my drink package?

Hello,

Me and my daughter who is 9 will be traveling on the majesty of the seas in August. This will be our first RCL cruise. Except our first, all of our previous cruise have been on Norwegian. For our 7 day cruises I purchased a drink package for myself or got it for free. I have never purchased a package for her. However one of the perks of cruising for her are the virgin strawberry daiquiris (1-2/day). Keep in mind she is 9 her NCL card never has charging privileges. I doubt she will on our upcoming cruise, especially unless she is in the kids club we are together. I pay for everything and order everything for her.

On RCL if I get a drink package does she need a bevarge package as well or can I keep doing what I normally do?

Side bar does anyone have any experience on a RCL weekend cruise with school age children? I booked this cruise as an extension of a 4 day in Disney. I managed to book a suite for $500 less than a Disney balcony. I'm sure there will be other kids onboard end of August, but read some bad reviews and I'm wondering will I need to add a wifi package to help keep her entertained.

Edited by EbonySHeart

...On RCL if I get a drink package does she need a bevarge package as well or can I keep doing what I normally do?...

Royal does not allow sharing drinks with the unlimited beverage packages.

My advice is whatever you did to get a free drink package on Norwegian, do the same again on this cruise.

Otherwise, no you would have to pay for her drinks.

Although if you order one for yourself then walk away from the bar and give it to her so they can't see who will know?

Edited by EntropyGuardian

So you say you never bought her the package? Are you sure?

Norwegian Cruise Lines

ITEM #: UBPCC

Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, and wines by the glass during your entire cruise.

Prepaid @ $59.00 per person per day x Cruise Days plus 18% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the soda program (see Terms and Conditions for additional information on European itineraries).

As many people have pointed out, sharing is not allowed.

With that being said, my husband and I always ordered Virgin drinks for our preteen boys while on the pool deck. It also helps us to "break even" and makes us feel like we are getting a good deal.

Now let me tell you about all the bottled water we've ordered for other people over the years...

Edited by warezbabe

Just a question, what's the cost of a virgin drink anyway? is it the same as the alcohol version?

The reason I'm asking is due to we are cruising with our 10 yr old next year, I was planning on just buying him a few virgin drinks. I'm not a drinker of anything besides water, so any beverage package is not worth it for me.

My husband usually buys the soda only package, and I understand there is no sharing.

Just a question, what's the cost of a virgin drink anyway? is it the same as the alcohol version?....

No, it's about $5, which is less than the alcoholic versions.

With that being said, my husband and I always ordered Virgin drinks for our preteen boys while on the pool deck. It also helps us to "break even" and makes us feel like we are getting a good deal.

Now let me tell you about all the bottled water we've ordered for other people over the years...

Of course it made you feel like you were getting a good deal. You bought two packages and used it for 4 people. I suspect that the more RCCL reads of this type of practice, they will once again require ALL persons over 21 in a cabin to purchase the packages. Or worse, "include a fee package" for everyone and increase the cruise prices accordingly.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Of course it made you feel like you were getting a good deal. You bought two packages and used it for 4 people. I suspect that the more RCCL reads of this type of practice, they will once again require ALL persons over 21 in a cabin to purchase the packages.

M

Or simply continue raising prices to cover that type of thing. :rolleyes:

You really want to brag about doing this?????

I don't think you are asking if you can get drinks included on your package for your daughter but I may be wrong. You are free to purchase anything you want on your card, including virgin drinks for your daughter. I bought Royal Replenish packages for my daughters when we cruised and they could then use their own cards to get a drink whenever they wanted. It also included bottled water, which was a big savings for us, soda and fresh squeezed OJ.

Be aware that even if you do not give her charging privileges, that block does not work in the arcade so she will be able to use her card to play all the games she wants. You may want to discuss this with her if she is a child who likes to play video games. There is nothing you can do to put a block on that. I had to keep my kiddos out of the arcade.

We sailed in October so I can't comment on the ship full of kids.

Enjoy!

I highly doubt that the cost of 4 or 6 virgin drinks is breaking Royal's bank. I find it hard to believe that the righteous posters who adamantly oppose sharing have never taken home a pen or 2 from work. This affects the bottom dollar too. Save yourself the headache, and get over it. The OP was looking for answers and now she has multiple. Let her make her own informed decision.

Your answer is a response to someone's question, just not this particular poster's. Let's stay on topic. Thanks much!

Edited by warezbabe

OP - I also may have misread your question.

If the question is "do you need to purchase a drink package for your daughter so that she can have a virgin drink", the answer is "NO, You may purchase virgin drinks any time you want without any type of beverage package."

enjoy

M

Hello,

Me and my daughter who is 9 will be traveling on the majesty of the seas in August. This will be our first RCL cruise. Except our first, all of our previous cruise have been on Norwegian. For our 7 day cruises I purchased a drink package for myself or got it for free. I have never purchased a package for her. However one of the perks of cruising for her are the virgin strawberry daiquiris (1-2/day). Keep in mind she is 9 her NCL card never has charging privileges. I doubt she will on our upcoming cruise, especially unless she is in the kids club we are together. I pay for everything and order everything for her.

On RCL if I get a drink package does she need a bevarge package as well or can I keep doing what I normally do?

Side bar does anyone have any experience on a RCL weekend cruise with school age children? I booked this cruise as an extension of a 4 day in Disney. I managed to book a suite for $500 less than a Disney balcony. I'm sure there will be other kids onboard end of August, but read some bad reviews and I'm wondering will I need to add a wifi package to help keep her entertained.

There will be PLENTY of kids on the Majesty in August. :)

Where you see bragging, I see sarcastic information.

So, Warezbabe, which is it? Do you share the drink package or was your sharing story intended to be sarcastic? No way to tell by the post.

Thanks

Edited by cruisegirl1

So, Warezbabe, which is it? Do you share the drink package or was your sharing story intended to be sarcastic? No way to tell by the post.

Thanks

By the highly defensive reaction, I'd go with actual sharing. :cool:

Although if you order one for yourself then walk away from the bar and give it to her so they can't see who will know?

because it would set a crappy precedent and teach the child that stealing is okay? does NO ONE have integrity any more?!

packages may NOT be shared./ and they do not make distinction between giving away one virgin cocktail a day or several glasses of wine

This is a perfect example of why the drink package prices continue to increase.

If you don't "break even" when buying a package, common sense would tell you to buy your drinks individually and stop buying the package. I don't buy a package on port intensive cruises because I know I am throwing money away. I did buy a package on my recent Oasis cruise because we had 3 sea days and one of our port days was Labadee, where I could use my package.